Adam West

Tools    

Aw man. I saw this thread title and was immediately sad, assuming that's what this was.

I'm sure a lot of people will post great, funny clips of West that exhibit his ability to have fun with his persona (one of my favorite things about him). They'll do a better job picking them than I will.

So, instead, I'll post this pilot he did called Lookwell, written by Robert Smigel and Conan O'Brien. It (obviously) never went to series. Pretty funny stuff, though:

This is beyond spooky...I was just sitting here watching the 2013 documentary Starring Adam West...something made me pause for a minute and come here and I learn that he died last night. This is very sad. This documentary was making me fall in love with the guy all over again. I don't believe this...I have to finish the documentary now. RIP, Mr. West.

This is beyond spooky...I was just sitting here watching the 2013 documentary Starring Adam West...something made me pause for a minute and come here and I learn that he died last night. This is very sad. This documentary was making me fall in love with the guy all over again. I don't believe this...I have to finish the documentary now. RIP, Mr. West.
I downloaded it 2 days ago too. Weird.

A fond farewell to another piece of my childhood.

Rest in peace Adam!

I just realized I'm getting old...RIP Batman

You can't win an argument just by being right!
I didn't even know he was unwell. Such a fun actor who always just seemed to take the mickey. Loved him back when I was watching Family Guy and he had the catapult...with a cat called Paul.

Even as a huge Batman fan, outside of a few of the most iconic scenes from the film, I've never watched the series. However, I'll remember Adam West as one of the ultimate guest stars. Everytime he appeared in something, like The Simpsons, Family Guy, and so forth, he was always so damn likable, and funny, and he never strayed away from poking fun at, or celebrating himself, and his legacy as the campiest caped crusader there ever was, he was an incredible sport. He seemed to have so much enthusiasm with everything he did. He'll be missed.

Whenever a beloved entertainer passes, I never know what to say. Everything always seems so awkward, and never does the deceased any justice. So I'll just say that his presence and sense of humour will be sorely missed.

RIP.

Loved him in season 9 episode of Big Bang Theory. RIP Mr. West

More sad news. RIP Mayor West.

I loved watching Adam West as Batman. There was definite chemistry between the characters.

Rest in peace Adam West.
Great clip – pure gold .

More sad news. RIP Mayor West.

Great clip – pure gold .
Repping your user title, Seeing. It's actually how I got the news a few minutes ago.

This is too much, so soon after Roger Moore. Action stars that didn't take themselves too seriously. Heroes in the finest sense of the word.

When I heard the news, the first thing I thought of was this documentary - probably the last thing I saw Adam in.

And it was one heck of a fascinating documentary - who were the guys the agents told Adam he'd be alongside as the young up-and-coming megastars? I remember Steve McQueen and Clint Eastwood, but was there another?

Did Adam ever get his star on the walk of fame?

Repping your user title, Seeing. It's actually how I got the news a few minutes ago.
Thanks – I'm hoping not to have to include anyone else .

The Bib-iest of Nickels
For fans of his, Adam West recently returned to the role of Batman in a DC Animated film called The Return of the Caped Crusaders, a throwback to the 60s series. Before his death, West also finished the voice-work for a sequel called Batman vs. Two-Face.