Movies You Thought You'd Love, But Don't?

Tools    

Stranger Than Paradise most recently. Love Dead Man and Ghost Dog from Jarmusch and this looked right up my alley. Some parts were good and i get what it was going for, mostly i found it really dull though and tough to sit through. A shame, still interested in more from Jarmusch though of course.
Mystery Train is a very cool one if you haven't seen it.

12 Angry Men (bleeding heart pandering, hated it)
Jackie (right wing political rabble, hated it too)
Dial M for Murder (meh)
Betsy's Wedding (not funny)
Magic in the Moonlight (Woody Allen at his most unimaginative)
Diana (the worst bio-pic ever made....well maybe)
You're the only person on this site who I have ever seen say anything negative about 12 Angry Men...like The Big Lebowski, it's one of those movies that if you say anything bad about it here, you get raked over the coals.

I did not care for Burn After Reading. Love the casting. More or less liked the individual stories. At the end of the day, nothing came together for me.
Burn After Reading was a mixed bag to be sure...the best thing about that movie was Brad Pitt's performance.

“Hell will hold no surprises for you.”
The most recent one was Doctor Strange.

Didn't really hate it, but it was disappointing. Seemed to rely on more effects than story. Just wasn't as good as I thought it would be.

Hamburger Hill hands down.

A more recent one I watched a couple weeks ago would have to be Captain Fantastic. I'd give it about a
, I couldn't stand just about all of it.

Movieoverflow
The new Pirates of The Caribbean were so not what I expected

I'm sure I'm not the first to say "Inherent Vice". I guess I just don't care to invest in something that is cryptic and involves scumbags almost exclusively. Not my idea of a good time at the movies, even if it was (ooooh) adapted from a book (oooooh!!!).

Sorry, not trying to be a D. But I hated it. HATED IT.

I'm sure I'm not the first to say "Inherent Vice". I guess I just don't care to invest in something that is cryptic and involves scumbags almost exclusively. Not my idea of a good time at the movies, even if it was (ooooh) adapted from a book (oooooh!!!).

I second Inherent Vice. Plot was confusing as hell and it took me three tries to finish it

King Arthur: Legend of the Sword was a huge let down... I thought it started OK, but half way through started to drag on. My boyfriend actually got out of the movie theater really annoyed and pissed off.

I second Inherent Vice. Plot was confusing as hell and it took me three tries to finish it
Yup you are right about the plot. PTA's direction was great and Joaquin was pretty awesome though.

Looper and The Perks of Being a Wallflower

So disappointing. I love JP, but bailed out of this movie fairly quickly.

Looper and The Perks of Being a Wallflower
I know I could not finish Perks.

i'm SUPER GOOD at Jewel karaoke
12 Angry Men is NOT bleeding heart pandering in the slightest. It's not ethos at work at all, but logos. Only the primary antagonist believes that the opposing side is based on sympathy, and that's his flaw. You need to look a little deeper.
in other words, he didn't understand it?