The MoFo Support Group

Tools    

@Dannii

So sorry to hear that happened. That's a nightmare you're never gonna forget, nor should you. I hope you'll manage to pull through the tough times and grow stronger and eventually have a normal life again, if things haven't got better, yet.
It happened in October so it's still quite raw but i'm coping quite good. My family have been fantastic.

Miss Vicky's Loyal and Willing Slave
You know, I used to feel this way too, but life is different for everyone. In the end you cannot judge your life by what the movies say it should be like, or what TV says it should be like, or even what your friends lives are like. I was a late bloomer, I guess is the right term. I found actual happiness and a new life at age 41. I wouldn't trade any of the **** I've been through for the world because it all lead me to right now. Don't regret anything. Go out and do something you've never done before, or do everything you've ever wanted to right now. You're not dead, and you're never too old.
Really nice post Monkeypunch. Thanks Much more appreciated than some stupid joke

Unregistered User
Myself and another friend found my best friend unconscious in his bed. Looks like he overdosed on insulin early hours of Saturday morning and wasn't discovered until I called at 4pm. He's still in intensive care and we've been told to prepare for the worst. Taking off sedation drugs soon and assessing brain damage but it doesn't look good. I had the chance to call earlier that morning after hearing he had put strange messages on facebook but didn't because he does this regularly. When I did call it was honestly like a scene from a horror movie. Horrendous.Really struggling to deal with it and feel so so guilty. He lost in mum years ago to breast cancer and his sister died on his mums anniversary just last December. I cant even imagine what his dad is going through.

Please keep him in your thoughts everyone.

Myself and another friend found my best friend unconscious in his bed. Looks like he overdosed on insulin early hours of Saturday morning and wasn't discovered until I called at 4pm. He's still in intensive care and we've been told to prepare for the worst. Taking off sedation drugs soon and assessing brain damage but it doesn't look good. I had the chance to call earlier that morning after hearing he had put strange messages on facebook but didn't because he does this regularly. When I did call it was honestly like a scene from a horror movie. Horrendous.Really struggling to deal with it and feel so so guilty. He lost in mum years ago to breast cancer and his sister died on his mums anniversary just last December. I cant even imagine what his dad is going through.

Please keep him in your thoughts everyone.
That's so sad. Have doctors found any brain activity?

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
@the samoan lawyer -- very sorry to hear about your friend, and hope he pulls through..

I just found out a friend of mine, a woman I lived with passed away..... on the same day my niece was born.... We had a falling out, talked once online, and then she was gone. I always thought we'd eventually talk it out, but now it's a forever regret. I never lost anyone this close. I still can't believe it. It's like I want to talk to her to talk about her... I'm destroyed.

@the samoan lawyer -- very sorry to hear about your friend, and hope he pulls through..

I just found out a friend of mine, a woman I lived with passed away..... on the same day my niece was born.... We had a falling out, talked once online, and then she was gone. I always thought we'd eventually talk it out, but now it's a forever regret. I never lost anyone this close. I still can't believe it. It's like I want to talk to her to talk about her... I'm destroyed.
That is so sad Matt.

That is so sad Matt.
We all fall out with friends now and again, you shouldn't feel bad.

But now I'll never see her again... She can't explain why she did what she did, and I can't do the same. She just became a grandma, but suddenly dies at 51?

I know you know about health, so I'll ask... On the obituary guestbook it said "Please leave comments at the University of Michigan Pulmonary Critical Care" but it also says she suddenly died at the age of 51.

I just wanna know how she passed away, but don't have the heart to ask her daughter directly, although I did find a picture she took and put on her Faceboook, and saw her kids and friends posted, so I asked "Can anyone please tell me what happened, privately?"

But now I'll never see her again... She can't explain why she did what she did, and I can't do the same. She just became a grandma, but suddenly dies at 51?

I know you know about health, so I'll ask... On the obituary guestbook it said "Please leave comments at the University of Michigan Pulmonary Critical Care" but it also says she suddenly died at the age of 51.

I just wanna know how she passed away, but don't have the heart to ask her daughter directly, although I did find a picture she took and put on her Faceboook, and saw her kids and friends posted, so I asked "Can anyone please tell me what happened, privately?"
Did she have any chest/heart problems Matt?

None at all... She had a lower back problem, was allergic to latex. I lived with her for three months, not once did she ever mention any chest/heart pain, and she would have if there was.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Thinking of you both SL and Matt.

Sorry to read TSL and Matt - thoughts and prayers for both.

None at all... She had a lower back problem, was allergic to latex. I lived with her for three months, not once did she ever mention any chest/heart pain, and she would have if there was.
How about kidney trouble, that can cause lower back pain? You mentioned pulmonary, that could be a chest condition such as c.o.p.d or even high blood pressure.

How about kidney trouble, that can cause lower back pain? You mentioned pulmonary, that could be a chest condition such as c.o.p.d or even high blood pressure.
Who knows the relation -- her obituary said "Guestbook at University of Michigan Pulmonary" -- so I thought "Maybe?" -- I might wait a few days and maybe I'll send her daughter a message, but I can't do that now, I'm still in disbelief, I don't know why I didn't feel this when my grandparents died, or my cousin's 13-yr old son.

But no, I don't remember her having any kidney problems - she always told me her problems, especially after work, they were mostly mental/emotional.

Who knows the relation -- her obituary said "Guestbook at University of Michigan Pulmonary" -- so I thought "Maybe?" -- I might wait a few days and maybe I'll send her daughter a message, but I can't do that now, I'm still in disbelief, I don't know why I didn't feel this when my grandparents died, or my cousin's 13-yr old son.

But no, I don't remember her having any kidney problems - she always told me her problems, especially after work, they were mostly mental/emotional.
Sorry i couldn't help, i would need more to go on. Like you say wait a few days then contact her daughter. She will no doubt tell you what happened. And you'll always have your memories from when you lived together so try to focus on the positive aspects of your friendship.

Sorry i couldn't help, i would need more to go on. Like you say wait a few days then contact her daughter. She will no doubt tell you what happened. And you'll always have your memories from when you lived together so try to focus on the positive aspects of your friendship.
Unfortunately we had a lot of things unsaid, things we never resolved, and in our own way, probably didn't forgive each other, and I'll always regret not making up... I even sent her an e-mail... this hasn't registered. I've also been feeling very dizzy, like an earthquake is happening, probably lack of sleep with this.. I didn't take my grandparents passing this bad... I thought I could cry for a few hours, think for another 5-6 hours, was hoping someone would call me, say a message -- nothing, well, you have, and I'm beyond grateful, just like the health stuff, no one else on Earth would spend the time unless it benefits them. I'm too intoxicated to type.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
I've also been feeling very dizzy, like an earthquake is happening, probably lack of sleep with this.. .

Insomnia will do it, Matt. Try to be kind to yourself at this time, my buddy.

Insomnia will do it, Matt. Try to be kind to yourself at this time, my buddy.
I've had insomnia my entire adult life, and way before... This is different, it feels like a drunken earthquake, motion.. I'm still in disbelief, and I can't still can't sleep. I still can't believe she died the day my niece was born.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
Karma. Your love for your friend was reborn in your love for your niece. Let it be for now, Matt. There's nothing to feel guilty about.