David Lynch: Definitely a normal person

Tools    

David Lynch is one of my favourite people but sometimes it is really obvious that people like him play up their eccentricities for the sake of being weird.

Still the picture is amazing so i approve.

A system of cells interlinked
The girl is still missing.

he is definitely not quite well constituted personality however I'm not sure if that is influencing my love to his opera. I am still appreciating the info and am not at all surprised.

Him and Jeff Goldblum seem like two adults who are kids at heart, and unafraid to show that side of their's to the world.

They should a do a podcast.

"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

One of the greatest, and frankly one of the most pertinent anecdotes regarding David Lynch and his aesthetic preferences, is the one where he talks of how he brought his father down into his basement one day, excited to show him something really great.

Lynch had been keeping a collection of dead animals in various states of decay and eagerly showed his father all of the beautiful colors that were a part of this decomposition.

His father listened quietly and he believed he had been understood, that his father saw the same wonderful colors as him, but as he led him back upstairs he turned to see a look on his father's face which he never forgot. Lynch says he saw a profound concern and even shame in his father's features and realized he didn't understand why he was doing this at all.

Apparently he later overheard his father saying he hoped he never had children, since there was something clearly wrong with him.

I think for most, this may have swayed them away from their unorthodox interests and their ideas of what beauty is. Thankfully Lynch didn't and, obviously, eventually became an enormous success regardless of his father's understandable reservations regarding his sanity.

The story also speaks strongly towards what beauty is and how elusive it can be to describe or share with others and how sometimes it can be found in places where it seemingly has no right to be.

Sort of the philosophy of entire filmography