Sons of Liberty on STARZ

Tools    

Save the Texas Prairie Chicken
I saw this when it was first on TV here. In the US, it was on the History Channel about 2014, or so.

I didn't think it was bad. I may consider it, even, for a future top TV list (if I would just stop being so lazy about getting it done ).

I absolutely loved Rafe Spall as John Hancock. He may not have been the most exciting of the characters, but he definitely was the one that I think I liked the best. I think it was his quiet manner that he had about him. That almost made him stand out the most.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
I saw this when it was first on TV here. In the US, it was on the History Channel about 2014, or so.

I didn't think it was bad. I may consider it, even, for a future top TV list (if I would just stop being so lazy about getting it done ).

I absolutely loved Rafe Spall as John Hancock. He may not have been the most exciting of the characters, but he definitely was the one that I think I liked the best. I think it was his quiet manner that he had about him. That almost made him stand out the most.
Oh right I assumed it was a STARZ original because I had never heard about it. I've liked some shows on History channel so will give this a go. Probably a bit tame for STARZ - I was expecting lots of gore and sex LOL

Oh right I assumed it was a STARZ original because I had never heard about it. I've liked some shows on History channel so will give this a go. Probably a bit tame for STARZ - I was expecting lots of gore and sex LOL
Well, who knows? Maybe this will be some sort of director's cut with the gore and sex that you were expecting. I don't recall what the violence was like, but there was definitely some sex.

Mentioning this makes me think I should give this series another go. I don't know if you've seen the show Turn: Washington's Spies. That will be ending this year (starting in June). I need something else like that to watch when that series is done (quite honestly, I am very depressed that Turn is going to be over with - although it has to end at some time because the Revolutionary War didn't last forever!). So I will probably re-watch this one.

I would expect nothing less from STARZ than juicey violence and people giving each other a nood cuddle.

I havent heard of Turn. Will look it up.

I would expect nothing less from STARZ than juicey violence and people giving each other a nood cuddle.
Read that as noodle cuddle at first. I'm using that from now on.

Read that as noodle cuddle at first. I'm using that from now on.
LOL. What is wrong with this place.

I havent heard of Turn. Will look it up.
Here's the trailer for the first season:

This year is its fourth year. And there is violence in there and some sex - if that is what you're looking for. Still tame, perhaps, but it is in there.

This year is its fourth year. And there is violence in there and some sex - if that is what you're looking for. Still tame, perhaps, but it is in there.
LOL you're making me feel like a perv, Vamp. I dont actually expect sexy time on history channel; just on starz and hbo.

@Dani8

Well, it you give it a go (Sons of Liberty or Turn), let me know what you think about it because I think you will be the only other person, besides myself - that I know of - that has seen it.

@Dani8

Well, it you give it a go (Sons of Liberty or Turn), let me know what you think about it because I think you will be the only other person, besides myself - that I know of - that has seen it.
Will do, Vamp. I like the historical dramas.

Will do, Vamp. I like the historical dramas.
I love historical dramas. I am kind of a sucker for anything that is some sort of period piece. I'll see a commercial for a movie/TV show with a person wearing an outfit from the past and then I will think "I suppose I have to watch this now". It is really kind of nonsense, but I just can't avoid that kind of stuff.

I love historical dramas. I am kind of a sucker for anything that is some sort of period piece. I'll see a commercial for a movie/TV show with a person wearing an outfit from the past and then I will think "I suppose I have to watch this now". It is really kind of nonsense, but I just can't avoid that kind of stuff.
Not nonsense to me. 1. I love the sets and wardrobe, and 2. it often gets me reading about the period.