Three Billboards Outside Ebbing Missouri

Tools    

Welcome to the human race...
Maybe. I remember liking In Bruges a lot when it first came out but wasn't impressed with Seven Psychopaths. At least this doesn't look like it involves clever hitmen or whatever.

looks good to me. I didnt know it was there. I'm gonna put it on my watchlist.

I also liked In Bruges but wasn't particularity crazy about 7 psychopaths

Looks good.

In Bruges was fantastic but haven't seen Seven Psychopaths

Originally Posted by Iroquois
To be fair, you have to have a fairly high IQ to understand MovieForums.com.

This might just do nobody any good.
Seven Psychopaths is McDonagh's rambling on and deconstruction of crime movies. Certainly not for everyone but I love the guy so it was right up my alley.

Three Billboards looks great too, more focused. The cast is amazing.

Surprisingly heard some mixed responses. It's one of my most anticipated films so i hope it works for me.
Wait.. what? From who?

94% on Rotten Tomatoes
86 on Metacritic
85% for Google Users
8.4/10 on IMDB
It won the TIFF Audience Award over the festival juggernaut 'The Shape of Water'
5 Stars on 'The Guardian'
10 out of 10, given by the very critical YMS
4 out of 4 on RogerEbert.com

You got drunk again?

Uh...from real people, not media outlets.
C'mon man. What do real people know?

But in all seriousness, just because some of them are from 'media outlets', doesn't mean they're not from "real people." What are they? T-800s?

C'mon man. What do real people know?

But in all seriousness, just because some of them are from 'media outlets', doesn't mean they're not from "real people." What are they? T-800s?
Couldn't care less about IMDB, Rotten Tomatoes, whatever. I value people that i respects individual opinions. Maybe you should not rely on these sites so much.

Couldn't care less about IMDB, Rotten Tomatoes, whatever. I value people that i respects individual opinions. Maybe you should not rely on these sites so much.
Like whom? Friend and Acquaintances? Because I have the same, but none of them have seen it yet. Also, they don't have the best taste in film, but not the absolute worst either.

I don't really care much for 'IMDB' either, but considering there's a decent influx of idiots on that website (hence why 'Moonlight' has a 7.5), I was really surprised the support from the other side could prevail 3BB to a higher rating. Usually, that's a decent sign for a (newer) film, that I plan to see. And I don't consider Rotten Tomatoes as a bad resource for recommendation, I usually agree with most critics unless It's a Marvel Movie.

Like whom? Friend and Acquaintances? Because I have the same, but none of them have seen it yet. Also, they don't have the best taste in film, but not the absolute worst either.

I don't really care much for 'IMDB' either, but considering there's a decent influx of idiots on that website (hence why 'Moonlight' has a 7.5), I was really surprised the support from the other side could prevail 3BB to a higher rating. Usually, that's a decent sign for a (newer) film, that I plan to see. And I don't consider Rotten Tomatoes as a bad resource for recommendation, I usually agree with most critics unless It's a Marvel Movie.
Nah, it's mostly other people online. None of my friends or family or anything watch films like i do so we don't really agree on much. I'm glad those sites exist they are a good tool for when you are starting to watch movies, but i'm way past that point and i definitely don't usually agree with critics. Some of the greatest films ever made are polarizing for many reasons, ideology, difficulty, whatever and plenty of turds are hyped each year so people i actually discuss films with who i know have similar views or at least interesting insights i trust more. Especially if they aren't just going to go along with critics. I follow some critics like Dave Kehr because i respect his views but i really don't care about the majority of critics.

Nah, it's mostly other people online. None of my friends or family or anything watch films like i do so we don't really agree on much. I'm glad those sites exist they are a good tool for when you are starting to watch movies, but i'm way past that point and i definitely don't usually agree with critics. Some of the greatest films ever made are polarizing for many reasons, ideology, difficulty, whatever and plenty of turds are hyped each year so people i actually discuss films with who i know have similar views or at least interesting insights i trust more. Especially if they aren't just going to go along with critics. I follow some critics like Dave Kehr because i respect his views but i really don't care about the majority of critics.
Same here.

What i've heard about Three Billboards hasn't been entirely negative, no one has said they hated it. What they have said is that while it's funny at times there's not much else to it, has no rewatch value. I know that's vague but i didn't press for anything more in case of spoilers. I'm still looking forward to it because i disagree with these people at times and it looks good, just surprised is all.