Natural Born Killers review thread

→ in
Tools    

WARNING THIS THREAD CONTAINS SPOILERS FOR NATURAL BORN KILLERS. ONLY READ IF YOU HAVE SEEN THE MOVIE

I just saw this movie not 20 minutes ago. First of all i want to say that i was pretty dissapointed with this movie. Tarantino is a great writer but i think something went wrong while writing this screenplay. I did enjoy some of this film but i dont think its as great as many people told me it was. For one thing I was really confused through alot of the movie. Whenever they were driving and all those crazy things were being shown was that supposed to symbolize that they were demons or something? Even if it was i think the film could have done withought it. The beginning scene in the cofee shop was alright but i dont like the techniques the director used to make it look like an cheesy flick with bad sepcial effects. Like when Mickey shoots the lady behind the counter and the bullet like stays in the air for a few seconds but it looks really bad. i did laugh at the "I love Mallory" scene where it looked like a sitcome. it was funny and it reminded me of a really sick version of "Marriad with Children". I was really confused at the motel part. why was movies like "Scarface" showing up in the window while on the TV. also why was there a girl tied up in the corner. which led to Mallory getting all pissed off. whas that girl really there or was Mickey hallucinating or something? i dont know if i was supposed to be confused there or what but i just didnt like that scene. Also the other motel scene with the detective when he strangled that girl. what was that about? did he just have the urge to kill or did something in his past bring it up? The scene when Micky was telling the joke about little johnny was pretty funny. When he stole the shotgun and started shooting really suprised me because i didnt think that would happen. "Natural Born Killers" is an awesome title for a movie and im kind of mad that it was wasted on this movie. The end kept dragging on, it wasnt even that long of a movie but it seemed like it to me. So this movie wasnt totaly bad, it did have some good points like good acting and some good scenes. but i dont really reccomend this movie unless you want to look past its flaws.

WARNING: THIS THREAD CONTAINS "SPOILERS" FOR A MOVIE THAT WAS RELEASED JUST TEN YEARS AGO!!!
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

A system of cells interlinked
The hallucinations had something to do with the psychadelics they had ingested.

As for scagnetti killing the hooker in the hotel, I think that had something to do with him being a homicidal sociopathic nut job.

Most of the folks in this film are crazy. Put yourself in that mindset if possible and then watch it, It makes sense.

Originally Posted by Holden Pike
WARNING: THIS THREAD CONTAINS "SPOILERS" FOR A MOVIE THAT WAS RELEASED JUST TEN YEARS AGO!!!

Well i just saw it and just because it was released ten years ago that means everyone on MOFO has seen it. There are probobly many people who have not sceen it and i didnt want to ruin it for them

If you haven't seen a movie in the ten years it has been avaialble, but really, really want to....then you should know better than to go into a review thread on an internet forum devoted to discussing films.

But thanks, for the heads up!

well im pretty young and i just got into Tarantinos films like last year so i wanted to see this because he wrote it. ALso there are review threads for older movies like the one that was recently made for flash gordon. thats 24 years but nobody said anything to him

Originally Posted by MichaelMyers
well im pretty young and i just got into Tarantinos films like last year so i wanted to see this because he wrote it.
Yeah, right, I get it. No problem-o with that, Kiddo.

ALso there are review threads for older movies like the one that was recently made for flash gordon. thats 24 years but nobody said anything to him
Yes, but he didin't feel the need to start off his thread with a gigantic "warning" that amounts to nothing more than common sense.

As you were.

oh thats what you were sayin I thought you were pissed off because I made a review thread to a 10 year old movie

Its funny I had avoided watching this movie until recently, I didn't really want to watch a movie about 2 crazy people going on a killing spree, unlike you I loved it, I really thought the movie was interesting, I have added it to my collection, may take me a few weeks to get into the mood to watch it again, as I found it quite a terrifying journey

Thanks for your review

Worse than Irreversible. It takes a pretty bad movie to outclass Irreversible, let me tell you. Even Tarantino hated it.

Bug Planet Proximus
yes, in the credits it says 'based on a story by quentin tarantino'
He originally wrote it but needed the money so sold it off to Oliver Stone who proceeded to change it to his own accord. Tarantino was so upset with the result he said that Stone had totally screwed up his script and demoted the movie as much as he could. I remember there being some serious conflict that happened between Stone and Tarantino over this but cant quite remember right now.
also you cant exactly call what you wrote a review. More like a questionare to people above the age of 12 that have seen the movie and were paying attention.

i did ask questions in the review becuase i was confused. but the whole thing wasnt just questions. and if the questions were for people above 12 then why did only one person answer like only two questions? i dont see you helping me.

waterisforcowards,waterma kesyouweak
HOLY CRAP! I didn't know this was a Tarantino flick no wonder I liked it so much. It was hilarious, my kind of movie.

And this is my BOOMstick!
Hated the movie. no plot, senseless over-the-top violence, and crappy characters. Blah.

Originally Posted by reservoirdogs
HOLY CRAP! I didn't know this was a Tarantino flick no wonder I liked it so much. It was hilarious, my kind of movie.
It's really an Oliver Stone movie, Q wrote it.
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."