Which movie should we talk about on the next podcast?

Tools    

Which movie should we talk about on the May podcast?
8.33%
3 votes
Rogue One: A Star Wars Story
30.56%
11 votes
The Thing (1982)
16.67%
6 votes
Le Cercle Rogue
8.33%
3 votes
Mississippi Burning
36.11%
13 votes
Eyes Wide Shut
36 votes. You may not vote on this poll

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
The Thing or Mississippi Burning.
I've not seen Le Cercle Rogue to comment, but the remaining two I figure would have too much baggage depending on your intent. Of course I didn't know a podcast existed, so maybe I should shut my trap, foo, 'fore I butt in where I don't belong

I want to watch Mississippi Burning again, now. =\

On serious note: I suppose I should go back and find past podcasts for more context! Doing a quick search here pulled the Oscar podcast which referenced the feedburner.com listing. Is that the archive list? Or is there a page here somewhere that's more comprehensive?

Thanks in advance, and good luck picking your movie!

On serious note: I suppose I should go back and find past podcasts for more context! Doing a quick search here pulled the Oscar podcast which referenced the feedburner.com listing. Is that the archive list? Or is there a page here somewhere that's more comprehensive?
That's got them all, yeah. Alternatively, here it is on iTunes. Subscribing to either should get you everything.

They really only began with new seriousness and regularity (apart from the yearly Oscar stuff) in 2014, when Danny (@wintertriangles) and I started doing them with other members rotating through that third spot, and then again recently with @Slappydavis and @bluedeed.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Poll closes in an hour. Pretty much settled on Eyes Wide Shut, then. Recording next week.
Not my choice but I'm looking forward to this. Will have a rewatch to refresh.

urghhh Mofo is nightmare - I've never had such a huge watch list

Poll closes in an hour. Pretty much settled on Eyes Wide Shut, then. Recording next week.
When do you think it will be out? Only asking because i think i'll give it another shot before listening to this. I watched Eyes Wide Shut on my 20th Birthday (April 2013) with my then-gf, always remember that for some reason and i didn't like it much. Don't remember why exactly and don't remember it that well outside of some really powerful moments that did affect me even then so i think i'd like it more now.

Plan is to record on the 20th. If I'm super ambitious, it could be out that same day. If I'm tired and/or busy that weekend, probably the 23rd or 24th at the latest.

Recorded this afternoon. It went...uh...pretty long. I have no idea how I'm gonna edit this thing. It's so tempting to just release it raw and not have to bother. But I'm pretty sure I have to take at least a quick pass, and when I do that it's pretty hard not to do a "full" normal edit. We'll see what happens. Either way, hopefully sometime this week, if softball and a couple other things don't conspire with the length of the recording to delay it a bit more.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
How many words did you manage tovget In?

We actually didn't invite anyone: we invited everyone. I created a thread asking who wanted to be on, and then decided to more or less have people on in the order they volunteered. There's a few in "line" right now, and each one is probably gonna be something like a month after the last, so it could be a bit, but if you don't mind waiting, sure, we'd be glad to have you on.

I'd check that thread out for some general criteria (needs Skype, decent connection, ideally with a headset), and I'd definitely recommend listening to one of the podcasts we did last year to get a sense for how they sound and what the discussions end up being like. If it still works on your end, drop a line in there and you're good to go.

I just might give this a listen. Everyone always have strong, often mixed opinions on that one. For me, it's one of his top 3 best, but I'd love to hear more people talk about it.

Update! It was a busy/distracting week, so I only started editing today, but I've got a decent chunk of it done. Possible I'll just forge ahead and finish today, but tomorrow or shortly after is more likely. Not too much longer either way, though. Thanks for the patience. Lots of good stuff in this one.