Blade Runner 2049

Tools    

It gets so bad at times even black actors look like Trump and his bad fake tan. Makes me scream. There are some hilarious reviews out there about ORANGE AND BLEEPING TEAL!
Blade Runner 2049 starring nose hole McGee. I know what you mean. I get tired of overly muted, cold tones, too - in more modern film making. It gets old. It's like, hey man, lighten up. The downward spiral is a slippery slope and a real writer would put some sunshine back into the system. Blade Runner 2049 - that trench coat must smell foul.

I think I will do something that I haven't done in a very long time. I think I will get really, really stoned and then go out to the local theater to see this. Maybe I will get so paranoid and scared that it will help my phobia and I can get more out of this sequel. I don't want to be a grouch about it. It doesn't even make sense for me to be so negative about something outside of an already established masterpiece.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Blade Runner 2049 starring nose hole McGee. I know what you mean. I get tired of overly muted, cold tones, too - in more modern film making. It gets old. It's like, hey man, lighten up. The downward spiral is a slippery slope and a real writer would put some sunshine back into the system. Blade Runner 2049 - that trench coat must smell foul.
Has the same affect on me as the Baysplosion prime colour grading. Sticks out like dogs' cojones.

Has the same affect on me as the Baysplosion prime colour grading. Sticks out like dogs' cojones.
I was just thinking of MB the other day and how, after watching Bad Boys II, what a great technical film maker he is. I know he's silly, and I do not take him seriously but his coverage is first rate, allowing the editor to really riff on close ups and create interesting nuances during detailed action scenes, ie--a tire locks up - it isn;t just c lose up, it's a close up, followed by another angle, followed by a wide shot of a new action riff, then back to the tire, and then resolved with a medium shot of the result quickly followed up with the 2nd shot (close up) of the meanwhile event. Anyway, that's a lot of description, but he is a bit of a fruitcake. But yeah, tealified movies are like cartoons.

I was just thinking of MB the other day and how, after watching Bad Boys II, what a great technical film maker he is. I know he's silly, and I do not take him seriously but his coverage is first rate, allowing the editor to really riff on close ups and create interesting nuances during detailed action scenes, ie--a tire locks up - it isn;t just c lose up, it's a close up, followed by another angle, followed by a wide shot of a new action riff, then back to the tire, and then resolved with a medium shot of the result quickly followed up with the 2nd shot (close up) of the meanwhile event. Anyway, that's a lot of description, but he is a bit of a fruitcake. But yeah, tealified movies are like cartoons.
I've enjoyed what I've seen of his movies. They're good fun. I just get my eye hung up on colour palette trends. As I said a bit earlier, to my eye the colour grading in this trailer is very easy. Other people might not like it and that's fine as well.

A system of cells interlinked
I am at work and can't watch the trailer, so I must ask that no one else watch the trailer or talk about it in this thread until I get home at 5:03 EST.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Did you stop at the pub on your way home, sensai?

What did you think - of the trailer, not the pub.

I just watched the trailer, looks impressive! If anyone can fill the shoes of Harrison Ford, Ryan Gosling can, he's an excellent choice. I dig the score and the monochromatic look too...and it does look like the film pays homage to the original Blade Runner, which is a must for me. Cool.

Some of the dialogue in the trailer seems a bit overly dramatic, but that's probably partly because of the way the trailer is edited.
The visuals certainly look promising (no wonder of course with Deakins at the helm of the cinematography department) and the Vangelis mood seems to be appropriately recreated (an essential part of Blade Runner's success as a film for me).

I still have a pretty good feeling about this!

A system of cells interlinked
Did you stop at the pub on your way home, sensai?

What did you think - of the trailer, not the pub.

No pubs for me! I live across the way from where I work, so I walk home in just under 3 minutes. Sadly, I had to go grocery shopping before I got a chance to watch the trailer, but once I finally arrived home, it was time! I watched it several times.

_____ is the most important thing in my life…
Leto looks like he may repay the balance he owes me for that Joker performance.

And Bautista's head.

Leto looks like he may repay the balance he owes me for that Joker performance.
Ha, I was thinking the same thing. Where was this subtle menace when we needed him in Suicide Squad?

This might just do nobody any good.
He looks good but I still maintain that every good Leto performance could'a been a great Michael Pitt one.

Another pain in the ass to work with, but not the kind to send you anal beads because "method acting".

Some of the dialogue in the trailer seems a bit overly dramatic, but that's probably partly because of the way the trailer is edited.
The visuals certainly look promising (no wonder of course with Deakins at the helm of the cinematography department) and the Vangelis mood seems to be appropriately recreated (an essential part of Blade Runner's success as a film for me).

I still have a pretty good feeling about this!
the vangelis mood is what makes blade runner a timeless classic indeed