Donald Trump for President?

Tools    

Why didn't Yoda assault Obama voters for liking him when he lied "If you like your healthcare plan, you can keep it." ?? Politifact's 2013 lie of the Year. Where were you then?

Why don't you assault all liars the same?
Why do you have a double standard?

Man, the invincible MoFo baseball league mighty Tongo spoke of suddenly looks so beatable

Still rather odd for someone who's been here for some time to not pick up on Yoda pointing out flaws in logic and argument no matter which camp it comes from.

Why didn't Yoda assault Obama voters for liking him when he lied "If you like your healthcare plan, you can keep it." ?? Politifact's 2013 lie of the Year. Where were you then?
Uh, posting about it here, and here, and here (edit: whoops, forgot here), in a thread I specifically created to criticize Obama, where I have 308 posts, and which represent a fraction of the total.

So, not only is your accusation wrong, but apparently you didn't even check. Which means it's just another panicky deflection carelessly tossed out to try to get the heat off you. And where I come from, making accusations without even caring if they're true is called lying.

Speaking of lying: here's the Libya-Iraq stuff you've been dodging. Your explanation doesn't fit with the actual quote. Pointed this out the first time you tried to straw man it, too. This fact doesn't disappear if you badger me into talking about Hillary or Obama. It also doesn't disappear if I'm biased, a bad admin, or a honey badger.

Uh, posting about it here, and here, and here, in a thread I specifically created to criticize Obama, where I have 308 posts, and which represent a fraction of the total.

So, not only is your accusation wrong, but apparently you didn't even check. Which means it's just another panicky deflection carelessly tossed out to try to get the heat off you. And where I come from, making accusations without even caring if they're true is called lying.

Speaking of lying: here's the Libya-Iraq stuff you've been dodging. Your explanation doesn't fit with the actual quote. Pointed this out the first time you tried to straw man it, too. This fact doesn't disappear if you badger me into talking about Hillary or Obama. It also doesn't disappear if I'm biased, a bad admin, or a honey badger.
How dare you refute with facts? This forum is tyrannical!

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
and we all know how a true honey badger just doesn't give a $hit! It's just hungry!
*high-fives, low-fives, throws a disco-esque hands-in-the-air hip-bump! Now throw it back, yeah!*

yeah. i guess i'm kinda bipolar with my post styles, sometimes.
i'm sorry, Yoda, but you did mention the honey badger =\

i'll refrain from additional posts until i have something to add to the topic. i promise.

Yoda actually thinks those links are comparable to what he's done this whole year? Where is Yoda going around character assaulting Obama and his voters for supporting a liar? Show us that.

Since he didn't do that, that means his principle of hating liars is flimsy and weak.

I wonder why Yoda shifted the discussion and moved my shouts?

... It looks like he needed the comfort of his rep machine.

You can't win an argument just by being right!

Dude, this is getting tedious. I've never seen someone being so disrespectful to a forum owner in all my time on the net. Really poor form.

Yoda actually thinks those links are comparable to what he's done this whole year?
Real smooth, dude, moving the goalposts already. You asked where I argued about it, and I showed you. And duh, of course one single issue isn't going to be comparable. But Obama to Trump? I've got over a thousand posts about Obama.

And now we now basically have proof that you just throw out random accusations without knowing or caring if they're true.

Where is Yoda going around character assaulting Obama and his voters for supporting a liar? Show us that.
Can't do it. Just like you can't show me "character assaulting" you. Just asking you questions and making arguments--same thing I did when I disagreed with Obama supporters. Most of them just argued back, conceding some points and making others, rather than incessantly complaining about how unfair it was that I was disagreeing with them.

Because they belong in this thread. I can point you to dozens of examples of conversations getting moved into threads if they carry on too long.

But since you brought it up, I'd like to know why you avoid the threads and instead make snippy little comments in The Shoutbox. Hoping you can get some petty little shot in without getting called out all over again?

What is this, the fourth time you've mentioned rep? Sounds like you're the one who cares about it, dude.

Still waiting on the Iraq/Libya response. This "try to avoid questions by putting the other guy on the defensive" stuff is really transparent.

This "try to avoid questions by putting the other guy on the defensive" stuff is really transparent.
That's exactly what you do. Don't you hate it when people use your own tactics against you?

And I love how you're pretending your thread about Obama is in any way comparable to how you have assaulted Donald Trump and his supporters.

I responded to Iraq/Libya in the shouts, but interestingly you didn't move that one here

That's exactly what you do. Don't you hate it when people use your own tactics against you?
Short memory much? I answer all of your ridiculous questions. The Obama thing had nothing to do with Iraq and Libya, but I answered it anyway. The TONGO stuff has nothing to do with the issues, either. Still answered it. I've answered all of your silly deflections, sometimes over and over.

And I love how you're pretending your thread about Obama is in any way comparable to how you have assaulted Donald Trump and his supporters.
Er, first of all, that's one thread. There are several others, each with hundreds of posts in them. Which you'd know if you bothered to see if your accusation was true before hurling it.

Second, why should it be comparable? Literally none of them behaved this way. Why should people who behave differently get comparable reactions?

I responded to Iraq/Libya in the shouts, but interestingly you didn't move that one here
Yeah, I didn't move several of mine, either. The cutoff was you bumping it all 24 hours later.

Also, I responded to that response. Your explanation about the method of action does not explain the comments I quoted to you, which have nothing to do with method and only the mere fact of action. Quit stalling.

That's because you didn't assault Obama's voters for liking a liar. When Obama made a mistake or said something that can be posed as a lie, you post about it, and then let his voters slide for continuing to like him.

When Trump makes a mistake, you assault him and his voters for continuing to like him.

I suspect you do that because it's your way of endearing yourself to the other side. You don't assault them into eternity for continuing to support and like their leader. You take it easy on them.

Double standards folks!

As far as I can tell your whole argument is just changing "argument" to "assault," without actually explaining what differentiates them.

That's because you didn't assault Obama's voters for liking a liar. When Obama made a mistake or said something that can be posed as a lie, you post about it, and then let his voters slide for continuing to like him.
How is posting about it--and arguing with people who defend him--letting it slide? It's literally exactly what I do with you. Where the two diverge is in how they (and you) respond.

You create the response you get, guy. You get berated over and over because you respond to serious arguments with petty insults and deflections. Try not doing that and see if you get a different response. Until then, you have demonstrably incomparable situations.

I suspect you do that because it's your way of endearing yourself to the other side. You don't assault them into eternity for continuing to support and like their leader. You take it easy on them.
Did you seriously just accuse me of taking it easy on a group of people I spent over a thousand posts arguing with?

You'll really just say whatever pops into your head, huh? You don't give a damn if it's true, or even makes any superficial sense. Just whatever you've gotta say to get through the next minute and volley something--anything--back.

Oh, and here's another link to the Iraq-Libya stuff.

Keep deflecting. Maybe someday I'll just straight-up forget the stuff you're trying to distract everyone from, but it ain't today. Trump lied, you've been shown proof, and no amount of tap dancing and hurling false equivalences at me can change that.

I responded to your Iraq/Libya in the shouts guy

“Let your credo be this: Let the lie come into the world, let it even triumph. But not through me.”
When you fail to treat all lies the same, it looks like you don't really believe in your principles.