Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

It means imbecile where I'm from.
Imbecile means chum here.

And I am in the right thread - this is rate the last movie thread, is it not, pal?
Sorry, I didn't see the rating before. I see it now.

"I smell sex and candy here" - Marcy Playground
American Honey (2016)
-

How to cast Shia LaBeouf among degenerate trailer trash, flapping penises, a subpar soundtrack and occasionally make it all look artsy, for close to three hours? Mission accomplished.
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	honey.png
Views:	229
Size:	185.1 KB
ID:	30079  

Detour (1945)

+

I picked this randomly off the noirs list, and I came to find out that it's also on the Ebert list. It's very short at less than 70 minutes, and there's not really that much to it. A piano player wants to get to Hollywood to see his girl. He hitches a ride and then things happen. It's a little rough around the edges, which is understandable considering it was made in only 6 days. It is a fun watch, mainly due to a lot of unintentionally funny dialogue. There's a dame who enters the picture about halfway through who I thought was a riot.

They Look Like People

A troubled man suspects people around him are turning into evil creatures, and wonders if he should protect his only friend from an impending war or from himself

well that was oddly disjointed.. I only stuck with to find out what happened but I wish I hadn't bothered

Welcome to the human race...
Life Itself -

Glad I watched this after Netflix decided to swap out star ratings for thumbs-up/thumbs-down ratings.

Detour (1945)

+

I picked this randomly off the noirs list, and I came to find out that it's also on the Ebert list. It's very short at less than 70 minutes, and there's not really that much to it. A piano player wants to get to Hollywood to see his girl. He hitches a ride and then things happen. It's a little rough around the edges, which is understandable considering it was made in only 6 days. It is a fun watch, mainly due to a lot of unintentionally funny dialogue. There's a dame who enters the picture about halfway through who I thought was a riot.
I rate it slightly lower. Still worth while, but their is still WAY better Noir out there.

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
Doctor Strange (2016)

Nothing too original, but quite enjoyable with a good cast.

Eegah (1962)

Awful, obviously, but an interesting introduction to the pleasure of bad movies!

Future War (1997)

So bad I want to go back and retrospectively add at least half a star to all of the other movies I have ever seen ever.

Welcome to Happiness (2015)

I appreciated the originality but it fell into the trap of being a bit too enthralled with its own quirkiness, and it wasn't all that visually interesting.

movies can be okay...

They Look Like People

A troubled man suspects people around him are turning into evil creatures, and wonders if he should protect his only friend from an impending war or from himself

well that was oddly disjointed.. I only stuck with to find out what happened but I wish I hadn't bothered

Surprisingly, I remember watching this piece of garbage.
"A film has to be a dialogue, not a monologue — a dialogue to provoke in the viewer his own thoughts, his own feelings. And if a film is a dialogue, then it’s a good film; if it’s not a dialogue, it’s a bad film."
- Michael "Gloomy Old Fart" Haneke

"I smell sex and candy here" - Marcy Playground
Small Crimes (2017)
+

This Nikolaj Coster-Waldau is like a talented version of Aaron Eckhart. Good cast, with Parker, Forster, Cole and Blair. Entertaining.
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	small crimes.png
Views:	270
Size:	292.2 KB
ID:	30091  

Just saw Laura (1944) for the first time last night. A very cool who-done-it movie with a young Vincent Price in a supporting role, using traditional acting, instead of his more known stage-style actiing. I give it 8/10.

Welcome to the human race...
Eegah (1962)

Awful, obviously, but an interesting introduction to the pleasure of bad movies!

Future War (1997)

So bad I want to go back and retrospectively add at least half a star to all of the other movies I have ever seen ever.
Is this with or without the MST3K treatment?

Colossal -

Damn fine high-concept genre piece.

Surprisingly, I remember watching this piece of garbage.
I think my one popcorn box was one popcorn box too many.

Drive (2011) -

Originally Posted by Iroquois
To be fair, you have to have a fairly high IQ to understand MovieForums.com.

Intouchables (2011)

Even if it's not a masterpiece, I understand it's high placement on IMDb's top 250. Just as a simple feel good movie, it is insanely effective.

The Graduate (1967, Mike Nichols)

Truly fantastic cinematography in this film, and the crazy, tumultuous ending is utter perfection. A classic!

P.S.: The Criterion blu-ray looks great!

movies can be okay...

The Devil's Candy

If you like horror films you need to see this movie

Can you please elaborate on this ? I just watched it and thought it was pretty bad, did I miss something ?