The 4th Short Film Hall of Fame

Tools    

You can't win an argument just by being right!
I've not seen that one yet, and don't even know what one that is.

Do you actually get dizzy when you see it? Because Vertigo is not a fear of heights. Vertigo is a symptom of a fear of heights; and well a fear of anything, it's the dizzy/loss of consciousness feeling people get when confronted by their fears, heights is just a really common fear that brings it on. Hitchcock's film has convinced alot of people that it is a fear of heights but it's not. Funnily enough in just the second scene of Vertigo this is explained. I wrote about it in my Vertigo review:

Sorry not trying to be super dork here but that's a pet peeve of mine.
I get instantly dizzy and vomit. I had a chat with some of the HOFs about it on the weekend. Trying to get over it because I;m a high altitude mountaineer and rock climber, believe it or not, but I think it's my multi focals because it only came on a few years ago, and looking back, it's when I first got them. Either that or acute mountain sickness gave me brain damage last time I hd it.

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
sorry to hear about the intensity of the dizziness, Dani. Shows a lot of courage to try to overcome it.

And count me in, Camo, as one of those who thought vertigo was solely linked to fear of heights. Good to know.

WARNING: "Regarding spider" spoilers below
When the opening line came about the eye I knew it was gonna be something going terribly wrong but then I was put to ease with the fight and the guy trying to make up for it while still trying to make a joke at the same time. So when she jumped back and got it hit that was a complete and utter surprise and I really thought that was the end of it.
Then it kept going and I was too curious to see WHY they kept going. Were we gonna see his remorse? What exactly was the final bit that would top the car? And then the syringe in the eye happened and I actually thought, "Oh. The opening remark about the eye. Nice way to tie it all together." Otherwise there wouldn't have been a point to the time after the accident.
Didn't even think about it until we're all talking about it, either.

Vertigo can be neurological. My husband's aunt gets it and she can just be walking down the street or tying her shoelaces.

there are two left i guess -the rink & everything will be ok- i suppose to rewatch some first to put some thought about

@Titu is online and looking at this thread Is he in?
I already responded to Neiba that i'm still in. He also posted that in this thread, but i suppose you missed that:

Titu just responded, he's still in!! He has watched 3 of the noms and he'll post his thoughts soon! So far, every nomination is eligible!
@neiba you should kick @Titu out. He was online there and was viewing this thread and he just left even though i mentioned him.
I didn't see your posts until now. It might have seemed like I was viewing this thread (I probably had the tab still opened while doing something else), but I wasn't.

The thing isolated becomes incomprehensible
I can't kick someone out with still a month to the deadline and when that person tells me he's still on, Titu and his noms stay!

But you should start posting your thoughts on what you've seen, Titu!

Oh.. And I'm a HE! eheheh!

OK I finished Never Weaken. I didnt really enjoy it, probably because I was stressing, but thanks for nominating, Vamp. Braced myself enough to get through it without my eyes making my stomach and head spin out. Break through.

LOL Cos. I havent seen that but spot on, my newfy friend. I react very badly, but pretty happy I got through the short. I consider watching a parkour video in Dubai my darling brother sent me to freak me out but hellz no. Baby steps. Strangely enough I can watch wingsuiting. Go figure.

LOL Cos. I havent seen that but spot on, my newfy friend. I react very badly, but pretty happy I got through the short. I consider watching a parkour video in Dubai my darling brother sent me to freak me out but hellz no. Baby steps. Strangely enough I can watch wingsuiting. Go figure.
Baby steps is something we say a lot around our house. "Baby steps are STILL moving forward."

It's a good saying, Edar.

I think I only have 2 to go.

very much so!

wow, you're leaving me in the dust with these shorts, need to try to knock a few more out lol
I was telling so friends who work in the local mechanics about spider and my reactions. We laughed.

I watched Bomb, last night. Very well done! And sadly that sort of scenario does happen. Good nom.

I also watched Everything will be OK, I laughed out loud at the grocery store segment as I too carefully grab the produce from the back of the bin. I though the things that were said, were well written an poignant. But then the film got too wacky for me to relate to.

got a few more done

The Cameraman's Revenge Really enjoyed this, pretty amazing how they did this with real insects and made it into a cheating couple with a begrudged grasshopper getting revenge. Chuckled at the name of places; The Gay Dragonfly bar and the hotel they fool around at; Hotel de Amour.
Great lil short, @Citizen Rules!

Bomb Funny lil short. Predictable but still, very amusing. Thanks for posting @Dani8!

Peace on Earth Ah, @SilentVamp, I truly did enjoy this one! VERY poignant. Was this through Merrie Melodies by any chance? I recognized the voice actor as possibly being Mel Blanc. I've never seen this and the animation was very beautiful and message regarding man's destructive nature was done VERY well.
BRAVO, my dear, BRAVO!!

I caught another one, The Three Stooges Pop Goes the Easel

I looked for it at Youtube, and geez they were crappy videos, grainy and even worse the Stooges heads were cut off, which I assume was not part of their act

I knew Ed had supplied a link to Dailymotion, but that site doesn't like my computer for some reason I could play the video on my computer, but if I shut it off to watch later, all the videos on Dailymotion would then say "sorry there was a problem".

This always happens! but this time I decided to conquer the problem. So after fiddling around, I learned I have to clear all my cookies before using Dailymotion....

But still I like to watch on my TV and I can't stream Dailymotion to my TV, so I finally learned of a way to do that and now I can watch Dailymotion on the big TV!

The Three Stooges?
great fun to see that in a fully restored and digital colored process. It looked great! Thanks Ed for the nom.

Congrats on conquering your Dailymotion issues, Citizen.
Wasn't your nom for the 40s Hof, Murderers Are among Us (1946) on Dailymotion? If so I might now be able to watch it with English subtitles.

I caught another one, The Three Stooges Pop Goes the Easel

I looked for it at Youtube, and geez they were crappy videos, grainy and even worse the Stooges heads were cut off, which I assume was not part of their act

I knew Ed had supplied a link to Dailymotion, but that site doesn't like my computer for some reason I could play the video on my computer, but if I shut it off to watch later, all the videos on Dailymotion would then say "sorry there was a problem".

This always happens! but this time I decided to conquer the problem. So after fiddling around, I learned I have to clear all my cookies before using Dailymotion....

But still I like to watch on my TV and I can't stream Dailymotion to my TV, so I finally learned of a way to do that and now I can watch Dailymotion on the big TV!

The Three Stooges?
great fun to see that in a fully restored and digital colored process. It looked great! Thanks Ed for the nom.
Now THAT is determination!!!!
Glad to hear you conquered DailyMotion AND enjoyed the video!! SWEET