Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

you won't be disappointed, it was brilliant, best modern horror I have since The Witch.. writer/director Sean Bryne is from your neck of the woods too, he made The Loved Ones and now this, definitely a name to watch. This is destined to become a classic.
I agree. It has its flaws, but when you consider all of its great qualities, flaws be damned. It was such a fun film and it did it without skimping on the horror. That earned big points with me. I also really liked The Loved Ones, so with that and this, I'm definitely keeping a much closer eye on any of his future projects from now on.

Your Name

OMG just saw this in the theatre. Best animation I have seen in years! Breathtaking visual, must own soundtrack!!!

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Seven Years in Tibet (1997)

Just couldn't fully buy in to Brad Pitt and his Austrian accent. Nice visuals though.
He played Heinrich to a t. Dreadful accent, though. HH actually starts his talks with an apology for his english because he was taught by an American playing an Austrian LOL.

I love that movie. The little kid was amazing.

Over long and dull. Which should not describe a 90 minute Noir.

I only gave it
- That's a low rating for me, but it's easily my least favorite 40's noir so far.

This should be on anyone's watch list for the 40's List.

It's on mine, and I'll make sure not to miss it.

Goodfellas (1990) -

Goodfellas > The Godfather

Originally Posted by Iroquois
To be fair, you have to have a fairly high IQ to understand MovieForums.com.

Portrait of Jennie (1948)

Joseph Cotton plays a struggling painter whose luck changes when he meets a little girl played by Jennifer Jones. The movie turns into a haunting love story. How can it be a love story if there's a little girl involved? Well there's a fantasy element and she grows up fast. It's the fantasy part that probably keeps me from completely loving this movie, but it is crucial to the story. Very good performances from the two leads, and an outstanding performance from some lady named Ethel Barrymore, who plays an art dealer.

Bottom of the World (2017)

A crude imitation of a David Lynch film, in which some potentially interesting concepts and camera techniques are let down by poor acting, badly-written dialogue and several scenes that are clearly based on ones from Lynch's filmography.

It was absolutely fantastic. The sexual undertones make the film a very different type of horror film. I'm surprised more people haven't seen it considering it was Christopher Lee's favourite film (Very good actor in the film). The last scene was genuinely scary.

Definitely going into my favourite films of all time list.

9/10

movies can be okay...
So far I watched three of Asghar Farhadi's movies, and they all make me want to check out his previous films as well, it's a bit hard to rank them because I kindat like them all equally, but if I had to it would be:
1 - The Salesman
2 - The Past
3 - A Separation
"A film has to be a dialogue, not a monologue — a dialogue to provoke in the viewer his own thoughts, his own feelings. And if a film is a dialogue, then it’s a good film; if it’s not a dialogue, it’s a bad film."
- Michael "Gloomy Old Fart" Haneke

The Boss Baby (2017) by Tom McGrath

Pretty generic children's movie with the occasional laugh. Even my 9 year old son, though it was pretty meh. We are looking forward to Captain Underpants in June.

Flesh and Blood for the 13th HOF

Flesh and Blood for the 13th HOF

Wrong thread jackass!

I Walked with a Zombie (1943)

This is from the same director who did the more well known 40's movies Cat People and Out of the Past. I was really hoping to completely love this movie, but I'd still put it up with those other two. This is obviously not the typical zombie film that dishes out the gore. This one deals with voodoo and is high on atmosphere and mood. The story and performances are solid, and there's some great music, in particular one creepy song. It's less than 70 minutes long, and even people who don't care for horror may like it.

Wrong thread jackass!.
Woah. Where the hell did that come from?

ebola syndrome

i give 9 points of 10 points because it was funny and good funny scenes in the movies very funny but sometimes a little bit bloody, thats the reason why i give 9 points and not 10 points

so apart from the some bloody scenes is the movie very cool

What? Is that an insult where you're from? It means pal in Boston.
It means imbecile where I'm from.

And I am in the right thread - this is rate the last movie thread, is it not, pal?