Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

from last night,
Ghost Dog: the Way of Samurai (1999) -

enjoyed this. i nod it was on tv a few occasion but i'm always passed it from watch because of the title sound silly lol. how dare myself

and owh yeah this two short;
Six Shooter (2004) -

The Gunfighter (2014) -

The Fate of the Furious 9.5/10

The Beauty and the Beast 9/10

The Boss Baby 9/10

Pretty Baby (1978)

A normal man? For me, a normal man is one who turns his head to see a beautiful woman's bottom. The point is not just to turn your head. There are five or six reasons. And he is glad to find people who are like him, his equals. That's why he likes crowded beaches, football, the bar downtown...

Legend in my own mind

The broken circle breakdown (2013)

Had heard of this film, and it had been recommended to me previously, but didn't know much of the plot before watching, and assumed that it was about a breakdown recovery company.

The film grabbed me from the opening scenes and it grabbed hold of me by the emotions and simply didn't let go.

Summary
This film was pure, beautiful, touching, brutal and relentless. It felt so real, which is an absolute credit to all that were involved in the making of it. The emotions of the characters are tangible, every single feeling was transmitted powerfully from the screen.
If I had known what it was about beforehand, I think that I would not have enjoyed it as much as I would have made my mind up before watching it.
A really good nomination

"I smell sex and candy here" - Marcy Playground
There Was a Crooked Man... (1970)

Turned out to be quite a blast, with a great cast.
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	crooked.png
Views:	229
Size:	139.5 KB
ID:	30031  

Unregistered User

Dolores Claiborne (1995)

Excellent adaptation of Stephen King story. It'll be of no surprise that Kathy Bates is, once again, brilliant. So much so that it almost takes the shine of the others.

+

I won't dance. Don't ask me...

The broken circle breakdown (2013)

Had heard of this film, and it had been recommended to me previously, but didn't know much of the plot before watching, and assumed that it was about a breakdown recovery company.

The film grabbed me from the opening scenes and it grabbed hold of me by the emotions and simply didn't let go.

I didn't suspect the story will end in the way it had.

Dolores Claiborne (1995)

Excellent adaptation of Stephen King story. It'll be of no surprise that Kathy Bates is, once again, brilliant. So much so that it almost takes the shine of the others.

+
She is perfect for King's adaptations. In Mistery was terrifying either

RIPD (2013)

Very good, if You need simply entertainment. Jeff Bridges is like wine - the older, the better. In every part.

Paterson (Jarmusch, 2016)

Maybe this resonates with happy people, but to me it's a liberal arts delusion with Jarmusch's quirky fingerprints all over it. Paterson is ripped straight out of a Norman Rockwell painting and transplanted into present day New Jersey where his sunny disposition and poetic heart can illuminate the world around him. It's sickeningly sincere and pathetically optimistic. If this was a black and white Japanese movie, maybe I'd buy it, but this is a setting and a reality that I can relate to. You can't sell me blue collar drudgery as a fairy tale. You can't piss on my leg and tell me it's raining. Life sucks. Grow up.

It's probably really good if you can get over that. Definitely has shades of Charlie Kaufman. This review from Kamran showed me how much of it went over my head. I'd need to put way more time into this to appreciate it. I found it dry, dragging, and thus don't intend to refine my opinion further. I'll get over it.

Life doesn't suck.
You don't watch as many White House Press Briefings as I do.

Damn been looking forward to seeing that.
Don't ever let one of my reviews dissuade you lol. Tons of people whose opinions I respect adored it. I even go so far in the review as to admit my problems with it are kind of problems within myself. The most concrete criticism I can throw at it has to do with Jarmusch's depiction of the working class as some romanticized 50s sit com. There's certainly a lot of style and substance to make up for that.