The 4th Short Film Hall of Fame

Tools    

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Easy mistake. We all make them.

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
Pop Goes The Easel (1935)
Dir. Del Lord

I've been putting off watching this because I really do not like the Three Stooges at all. I don't find them even remotely funny, and unfortunately Pop Goes the Easel did nothing to change that opinion. It was interesting to see them in colour, since I wasn't expecting a colourized version at all. However the novelty quickly wore off, and I sat here, unimpressed, waiting for it to end. I know a lot of people really love those guys, but it's just not my cup of tea.

The Rink (1916)
Dir. Charlie Chaplin

Since I don't like the slapstick in The Three Stooges, you'd probably assume that I'm also not a fan of Chaplin's work, but that's not the case. Perhaps it's simply because Chaplin is much more charming than either of the other three, but whenever the Tramp does something dickish to another character, it's usually amusing instead of coming across as mean-spirited, which is the biggest problem I have with the Stooges. That said, there were some parts in the restaurant I thought were a bit much, but luckily the action moved to the rink and more than made up for it. All of the roller skating scenes were very well choreographed, excellently performed, and just plain fun to watch. I think the funniest thing in the whole film was everyone's facial expressions just before the “mum's the word” card though. Priceless.
very cool reviews. The facial expressions ARE pretty priceless before the "mum's the word"
Having grown up on The Three Stooges in B&W I was a little iffy on the colorized version, but it WAS done rather well.
I dont like them either, and I have a brother who's inlove with them and bombards me on fb with videos. I want to smack him in the nose.
soooo, I should hold off sending you the full set of Three Stooges links, one at a time, then, huh?
No, I won't hurt any of you. But @edarsenal might. After all, he is the one who nominated it.

If I were going to nominate a Three Stooges film, it would've been this one, anyway.
THAT is an excellent one. Along with the one when they play golf are pretty much the top three for me.
Edar loves me so I have no fear now.

I'm going to watch this next to appease his potentially hurt feels.
yes, YESSSSS, do NOT fear me. .. ..

ooh, I think I scared myself a little bit on that one

LMAO, Edar!!!

I'll pm you my bro's email and you can spam him.

I've never seen anything Three Stooges. I'm familiar with what they do; there's a parody of them on South Park for instance but i've never actually watched anything from them.
I'll be pretty curious to see what ya think of them, then.
IF you do enjoy them then you'll DEFINITELY will want to check out the one SV posted.

LOL sounds like a plan
This has turned into the funniest damn thread. Will be playing more HOFs in future!

Wish i saw this was going on. I will watch the ones i havent seen yet anyways

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Pop Goes The Easel (1935)
Dir. Del Lord

I've been putting off watching this because I really do not like the Three Stooges at all. I don't find them even remotely funny, and unfortunately Pop Goes the Easel did nothing to change that opinion. It was interesting to see them in colour, since I wasn't expecting a colourized version at all. However the novelty quickly wore off, and I sat here, unimpressed, waiting for it to end. I know a lot of people really love those guys, but it's just not my cup of tea.
I dont like them either, and I have a brother who's inlove with them and bombards me on fb with videos. I want to smack him in the nose.
I'm glad I'm not the only one then.

No, you're not the only one. I don't like the Three Stooges either. The only thing Three Stooges related that I like is the song "The Curly Shuffle", and that's because they played it at the New York Mets games all the time, so it became a fun Mets tradition at Shea Stadium.

Save the Texas Prairie Chicken
THAT is an excellent one. Along with the one when they play golf are pretty much the top three for me.
I would say that one, "Men In Black" (I always love the line "Let's pluck him and see if he's ripe" ) and "Three Sappy People" would be top 3 for me. There are a few Shemp films I don't mind. I never got into Curly Joe at all. Of, course, I could probably say "Who has?". I could assume he is nobody's favorite, but there has to be someone out there that likes him the best. And you really can't deny this song is kind of a jam:

"Curly's a dope".

The thing isolated becomes incomprehensible
I've been really busy, so sorry everyone I've not been around lately. I'm glad this HoF is generating so much healthy discussion and fun!

Just to check if everyone's still in, by my calculations these are the numbers of everyone. Correct me if I'm wrong, please!

Neiba - 14/20
Camo - 13/20
edarsenal -10/20
SilentVamp - 8/20
Titu ???
Dani8 - 9/20
Citizen Rules - 5/20
Resopamenic - 12/20
gbgoodies - 7/20
CosmicRunaway - 15/20

I've just sent a PM to Titu to see how's he doing with this, since he hasn't posted yet!

Hail. King Neiba arises.

Yes I;m still in. Going to watch Edar's three stooges shortly.

you have my numbers correct @neiba and I'll be adding 2 more possibly tonight which will include one of yours: Everything Will Be Okay.

and @Dani8, in case you don't know, if you don't like it - no worries

you have my numbers correct @neiba and I'll be adding 2 more possibly tonight which will include one of yours: Everything Will Be Okay.

and @Dani8, in case you don't know, if you don't like it - no worries
If it's as cool as your hat I'll love it, Edar.

Inaka Isha a.k.a. Franz Kafka's A Country Doctor

In the opening I saw the name Kafka and something in the back of brain clicked, and I looked him up. Which, put me in the perfect mindset along with a basic understanding of this man's writing for this cerebral onslaught/carnival fun house mirror episode.
From my extremely limited knowledge of Kafka, the style of animation is, I presume, an excellent visualization of his writing. The way people warped and limbs went out into extraordinary directions may offset some but I was quite intrigued with its style.

Having seen both of @resopamenic's noms I gotta applaud your off-kiltered, complex perception. I am impressed.

Everything will be OK

As I watched this I kept getting an image of a very young Woody Allen spouting improv monologues. And I mean that in a very, very good way. Following Resopamenic's short, this was actually quite an excellent second course. Already in that wispy, fantastical cerebral state of mind, I did not question; I simply sojourned.
And a pleasing, quirky lil saunter it was. Nice one, @neiba

I tried. I really tried, my lovely hat wearing friend, but I don't get it. Might be a culture clash thing. I've never got the three stooges. I'm not cool enough A guy took me on a movie date and the three stooges was the intro. I got up and went home.