Alien: Covenant footage was screened. Results are in...

Tools    

Korinaz Kay is Here!
Why don't you post this in the Covenant thread?
He's learning....
Yeah.. well, I am not that good at posting thing's, I am still learning but I will get better. I hope I didn't cause too much trouble. I hope you liked the facts:-) (FYI..it's "She's" learning) :-P)

A few new TV spots today – and talking of CG aliens that suck:

WARNING: spoilers below
The one that's shown baring its teeth observed by a numb Daniels looks a bit fake; also the mutant version that lunges at a crewmember with its fangs open is incredibly dodgy. It mystifies me that a director who really knew the value of reality as part of special effects would be so deferential to imperfect computer generated ones now.

_____ is the most important thing in my life…
I'm lost on why Scott is ready to start pumping these movies out. So far, it looks like a copy of Prometheus with more xenomorphs.

My only idea is ego. Maybe he sees himself on the end of the back nine and he wants the definitive story to be his. I will go see it, but I don't expect much.

Just thought I'd throw this out here, but over on my YouTube channel i'll be doing a special pre and post video for Alien: Covenant on the 10th. Basically a very short video of me sharing what my expectations are then a quick video straight after the screening of my first reactions to the movie but no review. Obviously I'll do a movie review but I will want to share my immediate reactions of the movie after seeing it for the first time. Click the link to check out my channel if any of you guys are interested, thanks.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC28...WSaL9Q-KBuVgjA

Well this was a nice surprise:

Great to see this short continuation. Very economical and I think it works well.

I remember on the Prometheus commentary Ridley Scott saying that once Shaw had reconnected David's head, he'd be "deadly" and that certainly seems to be happening here. His compliments to Shaw are particularly insidious and I was reminded of that great Davros line in the Doctor Who audio Terror Firma. Speaking of the kindly aliens who found him floating in space in an escape pod he says "They were good people. They didn't deserve to die". In other words, in his horrible mind, he acknowledges their goodness but it's ultimately no use to him and neither were they.

This might just do nobody any good.
Cool. The Ozymandias line is filled with subtexts.

As soon as David said "our arrival" and saw the floating ships I got deja vu...

Question: why in the **** does Luz still trust David? After Prometheus, giving the guy his body back seems like suicide.

Yeah. That prologue / epilogue makes sense with Prometheus.

Cool. The Ozymandias line is filled with subtexts.

As soon as David said "our arrival" and saw the floating ships I got deja vu...

Question: why in the **** does Luz still trust David? After Prometheus, giving the guy his body back seems like suicide.
Well,

I don't think she does, fully. I liked the way Noomi Rapace reacted as Shaw to David's "kind at heart" comment as if Shaw was mindful not to be seduced.

I think as well, Shaw doesn't have much choice. She'd probably be dead without David given his understanding of the Engineers' technology.

Ridley Scott pulls out his salt-shaker

I am more than a little confused about this statement. He says there was never more than a 10-page outline.

Well, we all saw the concept art and James Cameron supposedly read the script. Is this just fake news or sour grapes? Feels like someone is very protective of their toys.

Ridley Scott pulls out his salt-shaker

I am more than a little confused about this statement. He says there was never more than a 10-page outline.

Well, we all saw the concept art and James Cameron supposedly read the script. Is this just fake news or sour grapes? Feels like someone is very protective of their toys.

Both Cameron and Weaver claimed to have read the script and loved it. He's just trying to downplay it, because he knows if Blomkamp went ahead with his film it would blow anything Scott had planned out of the water. What's funny is that Blomkamp seems to have a better understanding of what the fans want from an Alien film than the originator. Maybe Covenant will prove me wrong, but the more footage and images I see, the more skeptical I become.

I saw Covenant today, in a Alien marathon and premiere. Really eager to discuss it with you guys, because

(I don't reveal any plots in my spoiler, just my feelings.)
if you think Prometheus is stupid, wait when you see Covenant.

I don't know where to begin, there're so many things...
I'll wait until you watch it to have more discussion in details.
Scott, oh dear Scott, why didn't you know to stop.

But hey, don't worry, it's so bad it's fun to watch.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
I saw Covenant today, in a Alien marathon and premiere. Really eager to discuss it with you guys, because

I almost opened your spoiler but better not.

@Dani, I added to my post above: I don't reveal any plots in my spoiler, just my feelings

You can't win an argument just by being right!
LOL El! I enjoyed your non spoilery spoiler.

(I don't reveal any plots in my spoiler, just my feelings.)

I don't know where to begin, there're so many things...
I'll wait until you watch it to have more discussion in details.
Scott, oh dear Scott, why didn't you know to stop.

But hey, don't worry, it's so bad it's fun to watch.
Same. Saw it today.

My God... I was like, seriously? I just couldn't take it... I probably had it worse than you it seemed.

Have to say I'm really not interested in this.
I really think they should just let this "Franchise" go. There were two classic movies, the last of which was over 30 years ago. The rest... not so much.

Same. Saw it today.

My God... I was like, seriously? I just couldn't take it... I probably had it worse than you it seemed.
Ha, me too, early into the movie I thought "Really, Scott? After all the criticism that Prometheus received about its contamination protocol, now you clear the path by simply throwing that protocol away? After the unpleasant crew of Prometheus, now you create a new crew more numerous, more uninteresting, so that none of the deaths will stick out like a sore thumb? Great way to direct."

Acting as the crew was, it's almost too easy to kill them on the new planet. We don't even need the xeno (which, IMO, looks really fake and cheesy here). I really miss H. R. Giger.

It's too easy I don't feel scared even once during the whole movie, and normally I'm a scared cat. I enjoyed "Life" much more, though that movie is not without its own sins. At least it terrified me at the aspect of some "innocent galactic single cell".

I hate to hear these underwhelming impressions. It looks so good, yet seems to be so unsavory on the palette.

I guess I'll just go see Guardians again. Then I'll take my mom to see Guardians.

I hate to hear these underwhelming impressions. It looks so good, yet seems to be so unsavory on the palette.

I guess I'll just go see Guardians again. Then I'll take my mom to see Guardians.
The trailers are extremely misleading imo.