The Magicians - Anybody else watching this?

Tools    

Chief cook and bottlewasher
I'm having fun with it. It's the first show I've watched where I really dislike most of the characters and only just like a couple. The actors are doing a pretty good job with the incredibly flawed personas.

Anybody else?

Yeah well, you may not be watching but it got renewed for season 3!

A system of cells interlinked
I watched the first 3 episodes, but gave up after that; I wasn't a fan of the writing.

I watched the first 3 episodes, but gave up after that; I wasn't a fan of the writing.
It just didn't click for you. I get that.

The most loathsome of all goblins
I love the Magicians trilogy by Lev Grossman, they're brilliant and my favorite fantasy novels of all those I've read, which is a lot.

I think this is the reason I'm hesitant to watch the TV show. Given the limitations of cable television, I have strong doubts they can do the novels justice. That said, it is co-developed and written by John McNamara, who worked on some of my favorite TV shows including The Adventures of Brisco County Jr, Lois & Clark, Profit and Jericho. I'll probably give the series a shot after re-reading the books one more time.