The 13TH Hall of Fame

Tools    

Can't wait for this to start now. I should have at least 3 weeknights every week spare for the next couple of months so I'm looking forward to smashing a few noms.

The film I was considering nominating doesn't appear to be readily available online, despite winning an arguably more prestigious award than my previous HoF nominations.

I'll figure something out by the end of the day or tomorrow at the latest though.

The film I was considering nominating doesn't appear to be readily available online, despite winning an arguably more prestigious award than my previous HoF nominations.

I'll figure something out by the end of the day or tomorrow at the latest though.
Camo is real good at finding links, maybe tell him the name of the movie and see if he can find it? If it's a foreign film, you could try looking for both the English title and the original title (I'm sure you already thought of that...but just in case)

Nothing good comes from staying with normal people
Speaking of...

Nothing good comes from staying with normal people
I too got four noms rolling around my head. Feels like I'm gonna have to pull one out of a hat....

...which does sound like a better idea than it did a minute ago. Hang on for a second

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
wow, 16 members, VERY impressive!

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
We have a pretty good mix of era's so far:

1940's - 2
1950's - 1
1970's - 2
1980's - 2
1990's - 2
2000's - 1
2010's - 5
that IS a really great spread! A really good sign for a good HoF

Legend in my own mind
Looking forward to this :cool

Partly for new experiences and partly because it takes the responsibility away from me to choose what to watch for a while.

Legend in my own mind
Hope you enjoy

As i said there's quite a good amount of variety so far. Along with those decades i posted there's five foreign language films and quite a good amount of genres.
Good stuff. I love how people (me included) get protective over their favourite films. I am sure there might be a bit of that here too

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
I just hope people can make a pact and actually stick this out. It's deflating when there are so many noms and you watch a film of someone that doesn't finish.

I see everyone is waiting on me. My mind has been completely blanking on what to nominate this entire time. I thought I had a nomination, but I wasn't 100% behind it, so when it wasn't readily available online I decided to just pick something else and...that's about as far as I've got. So to the people who liked my previous (non-animated) nominations, expect to be disappointed this round.

I'm deciding between two films right now. Camo will have my nomination within the hour because it's irritating me that it's taking so long to come up with something haha.

I just hope people can make a pact and actually stick this out. It's deflating when there are so many noms and you watch a film of someone that doesn't finish.
Welcome to all the first time Hof members It's great to get new people joining in and it makes the Hofs fun!

Some advice from someone who's done a lot of these Hofs. Like Raul said it's a blow when we spend an evening watching someone's movie, who then later drops out.

We're all making a pact and giving our word that we will watch everyone's movies and write about them...It's a matter of honor and a matter of treating people right.

The best way to make sure anyone finishes an Hof, is to start watching the movies from the get-go. I've noticed that the people who drop out are the ones who procrastinate leaving all the movie watching until the end, then they feel overwhelmed and give up.

And if someone knows they're not going to finish, for Gods sake, tell us! So many people drop out but don't have the balls to say so, wasting the other members time.

But! I have faith that everyone can finish

I won't participate. I have a hard time watching films when I have to watch them, lately, so I won't force myself or make this thread suffer because of my incapability.

I wish you all a lot of fun and naturally I will not hesitate to leave a comment once in a while about a certain nominated film when I feel it's appropriate.

Thanks for letting me know, @Camo!