Sad Songs Song Tournament

Tools    

ROUND 6 - THE TOP FOUR!

Jeff Buckley - Hallelujah vs. Katie Melua - The One I Love Is Gone

Simon and Garfunkel - Sound of Silence vs. Gary Jules – Mad World

ROUND 6 - THE TOP FOUR!

Both songs are great however beautifully incorporated references to David and Bathsheba and Samson and Delilah stories and Jeff Buckley's passionate performance just got to me more. The song is about breaking up,
loosing your loved one

Gary Jules's performance is stronger and works better for me.

ROUND 6 - THE TOP FOUR!

The last one was a difficult choice. Still not even sure which one to vote for.

Legend in my own mind
ROUND 6 - THE TOP FOUR!

TOP FOUR

“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ~ Rocky Balboa

ROUND 6 - THE TOP FOUR!

Simon and Garfunkel - Sound of Silence
vs. Gary Jules – Mad World

Four great songs. I like Jeff Buckley's version of Hallelujah, but I love the treatment Katie Melua has given to this bluegrass song. She's brought a languid sadness to it that's really good.
Sound of Silence has long been a favourite of mine, it's such a delicate song. Mad World is good too, but I think it means more to people who remember their adolescence more than I do

Sorry!

I didn't get to leave that house when I planned, and once I was home, I had a sort of accident, that bruised me up A LOT!!! I chilled for a couple three days, trying to heal. I look like someone twisted my one arm like crazy, and then picked me up, and body slammed me. Oddly enough, I body slammed myself. Well, my dog and the Fed Ex man did all the dirty work. He beat the hell out of my front door, woke me up suddenly, and when I got up fast with my eyes closed, my dog came running through all spooked, but with his freakin' blanket all twisted up behind him. I still had my eyes closed, so I got all caught up in the blanket. Sleep walking is a bad thing. These bruises are nasty. I sort of body slammed the fire place mantel, and tiny dresser under it, and then the other side of my body slammed into the recliner. No *****!!!

Once again, sorry! I hope you all had fun with this. Personally, I'll probably chill on these for the Spring and Summer. I love outside life way too much, to get caught up in much if any of these. I will probably just work on getting those movie threads completed for now.

p.s. It doesn't look like I missed a whole lot of the other music thread, so I'll finish up there. I don't think it's fair for me to now jump in here with votes, so no worries.

ROUND 6 - THE TOP FOUR!

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Sorry!

I didn't get to leave that house when I planned, and once I was home, I had a sort of accident, that bruised me up A LOT!!! I chilled for a couple three days, trying to heal. I look like someone twisted my one arm like crazy, and then picked me up, and body slammed me. Oddly enough, I body slammed myself. Well, my dog and the Fed Ex man did all the dirty work. He beat the hell out of my front door, woke me up suddenly, and when I got up fast with my eyes closed, my dog came running through all spooked, but with his freakin' blanket all twisted up behind him. I still had my eyes closed, so I got all caught up in the blanket. Sleep walking is a bad thing. These bruises are nasty. I sort of body slammed the fire place mantel, and tiny dresser under it, and then the other side of my body slammed into the recliner. No *****!!!

Once again, sorry! I hope you all had fun with this. Personally, I'll probably chill on these for the Spring and Summer. I love outside life way too much, to get caught up in much if any of these. I will probably just work on getting those movie threads completed for now.

p.s. It doesn't look like I missed a whole lot of the other music thread, so I'll finish up there. I don't think it's fair for me to now jump in here with votes, so no worries.

I'm sorry to hear that you got so badly hurt. I know it will take a while for the pain to go away, but hopefully you're feeling at least a little bit better now.

I know there are only a couple of rounds left, but you were in this tournament from the beginning, so you're still welcome to vote in here until the end. We still have a couple of other people who haven't voted in this round yet, so I'll leave this round open until Sunday night (about 20 hours from the time this was posted) for you and the others to vote.

MC for the Great Underground Circus
ROUND 6 - THE TOP FOUR!

Jeff Buckley - Hallelujah vs.Katie Melua - The One I Love Is Gone