Black Sails (Starz)

Tools    

No won't see until tonight but I won't spoil it for you
What? You already know what happens? How?

WARNING: spoilers below
Ok, so I inadvertently went on Twitter to see something else and got caught up in the cast's tweets about the finale. And then I think I saw something that may actually reconcile me to this show coming to an end..... so excited to watch tonight, I can hardly wait....

You can't win an argument just by being right!
No I haven't seen it. There are no spoilers on m9vie forums and I'm avoiding black sails on facebook. I don't use any other social media

No I haven't seen it. There are no spoilers on m9vie forums and I'm avoiding black sails on facebook. I don't use any other social media
I don't use any social media at all (except for a family WattsApp) but that doesn't mean you can't eavesdrop on public Twitter accounts. The cast are twittering up a storm, lol. And TS has even managed to get embroiled in a small political debate about Brexit.

(Who the hell even talks about BS here except for you and me? I don't think anyone has any interest in it at all). I'm avoiding my other Forum because they do talk about it there...a lot!

I don't use any social media at all (except for a family WattsApp) but that doesn't mean you can't eavesdrop on public Twitter accounts. The cast are twittering up a storm, lol. And TS has even managed to get embroiled in a small political debate about Brexit.

(Who the hell even talks about BS here except for you and me? I don't think anyone has any interest in it at all). I'm avoiding my other Forum because they do talk about it there...a lot!
I'm not interested in eavesdropping on them on twitter, or tumblr, or instagram or nywhere else. I also dont care if he got into an argument about brexit. I'm only interested in their acting, or if they do good things to bring awareness to charities or causes.

There were other people discussing Black Sails. The thread was started by one. I already said to you that maybe they arent up to date and dont want to see spoilers. One even said she isnt up to date. If there are a lot! of people talking about it on your other forum, that's great...until the finale tonight. Then what?

Never mind.

I'm not interested in eavesdropping on them on twitter, or tumblr, or instagram or nywhere else. I also dont care if he got into an argument about brexit. I'm only interested in their acting, or if they do good things to bring awareness to charities or causes.

There were other people discussing Black Sails. The thread was started by one. I already said to you that maybe they arent up to date and dont want to see spoilers. One even said she isnt up to date. If there are a lot! of people talking about it on your other forum, that's great...until the finale tonight. Then what?

Never mind.
Sure, enjoy yourself.

Byee.... 👋

The finale was okay. Pretty emotional. It would be cool if we can get a new show based on Treasure Island.

They're not interested in during a show about Treasure Island. This was always a prequel. They moved on well before the show even finished. Terrible face plant of a good show.

Great, great, great. I was prepared for tragedy and death. Best of all is the Flint ending. Everything I could have hoped for and it almost reconciles me to the end of the show. Perfect!

I give them a 10 out 10. One of the best shows I've ever seen! 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

Paul's finale review

WARNING: spoilers below

Monday, April 3, 2017
Black Sails: Farewell
Well, I can't say I was overjoyed about the Black Sails finale, and not just because I didn't want to see this vivid, vibrant series end.

I would have liked to see a little more connection between this ending, and what we know of our heroes based on Robert Louis Stevenson's Treasure Island - of which Black Sails was explicitly presented as a prequel.

Black Sails ends with not even a hint of Flint becoming a pirate again. I have no problem with his giving it up for the man he loves, but I wanted to see at least a hint, a suggestion, of how he got back on the high seas again.

Otherwise, the ending was strong. Long John being turned away by his love is a good entree to his subsequent life with the skull and crossbones. Billy Bones surviving was necessary, as he, too, is spoken of by Stevenson.

Rackham was a real person in our history, and he did not have a happy ending. There was no indication of that in the Black Sails finale, other than a life of piracy cannot have a happy ending, but that was ok.

But back to Flint. Long John's strategy of giving Flint what he most wanted, so he would give up his quest to change the world didn't work as an ending even if we didn't know what Stevenson had in store for him. Finding Thomas could well have invigorated Flint, made him even stronger in his resolve, to right what he saw as wrongs in the world.

Still, if the finale was not as good as it could have been, the overall series was memorable and I'd highly recommend it. May piracy on the seas live forever as a form of fiction in print and on the screen.

Another review which gives a shout out to the actors and sets who certainly deserve praise:

It's full of spoilers so beware if you haven't seen the finale.