Movies That Are Underrated.....

Tools    

The most loathsome of all goblins
Forget the Rotten Tomatoes, it is not like they use to be. Now is only aggressive and biased.
Now whatever gave you that idea?

Oh if only Grandma's Boy was more "progressive" it could have been critically acclaimed.

Oh if only Grandma's Boy was more "progressive" it could have been critically acclaimed.
very often the critic consensus flashes a good feature down the toilet

Welcome to the human race...
The Room(2003) is 32% in Rotten Tomato and The Judge is 47%. I don't believe The Judge is just 15% better than The Room. I believe it is a lot better than that.
RT ratings aren't supposed to reflect a film's quality, they're supposed to reflect what percentage of critics liked or disliked said film. The difference doesn't reflect that one film is necessarily "better", just that more critics liked it for whatever reason. The Room is probably a bad example because of its so-bad-it's-good reputation.

You say that like it's a bad thing.

RT ratings aren't supposed to reflect a film's quality, they're supposed to reflect what percentage of critics liked or disliked said film. The difference doesn't reflect that one film is necessarily "better", just that more critics liked it for whatever reason. The Room is probably a bad example because of its so-bad-it's-good reputation.

When Google does not open up we think there is a problem in our internet connection or NIC etc. But technically it is possible that may be Google server is down and our internet connection is fine. But google made such a reputation that we do not think that way. Like wise when we see a movie has Rotten Tomato rating 47% it does make a perception that the movie is bad. I agree with you and I do know that all the ratings are at the end of the day just opinions. But opinion from Rotten Tomatoes does make an impact on the earning and reputation of movies as many people might see the bad rating and do not go see the movie or buy the DVD/ Blu-Ray. So whatever the reality is, based on critic rating movies do get judged as "Movie X has 89% RT rating, movie Y is just 42%. So let's watch X, I don't have money to waist on Y .". I am not saying that critic rating is the only parameter that defines a movie's box office success or reputation. What I am saying is it is an important parameter.
Coming to The Room, who have not seen this movie and The Judge, will see the rotten tomatoes rating for both and probably be misguided by the percentages.
Not just the rating, I also mentioned why some critics did not like The Judge. For me they did not understand what this movie is about and that's why I think this is a very underrated movie. (Just my opinion.)

Yeah, well, that's on the consumers themselves for letting the percentage be the main (if not only) deciding factor in what they watch.

Yeah, we should definitely measure the quality of a film based on how much social justice content there is. After all, who cares about how good a movie is as long as it's "important" am I right?

It sickens me that I see critics on RT that will sum up their review with socio-political statements, like "this is a treatise on Trump's America!" or some such nonsense. These people should not be fed into the tomatometer. If you can't leave your ideology at the door, then don't watch movies, just stick to watching MSNBC.

It's impossible to take Rotten Tomatoes seriously anymore

Yeah, we should definitely measure the quality of a film based on how much social justice content there is. After all, who cares about how good a movie is as long as it's "important" am I right?

It sickens me that I see critics on RT that will sum up their review with socio-political statements, like "this is a treatise on Trump's America!" or some such nonsense. These people should not be fed into the tomatometer. If you can't leave your ideology at the door, then don't watch movies, just stick to watching MSNBC.

It's impossible to take Rotten Tomatoes seriously anymore
Aren't you also measuring a film's quality based on whether or not it contains "social justice content"? Just because you consider said content to be a negative instead of a positive doesn't mean that you aren't also taking it into consideration when evaluating a film's worth.

In any case, art is political, film is an art form, and people's response to art is influenced by their political ideology to one extent or another. Your responses in this thread are dictated by the fact that your own personal ideology contradicts both mine and these RT critics you mentioned. Hell, Armond White complains about Obama and liberals and political correctness in his reviews all the time - would he also deserve to get removed from RT for so blatantly expressing his political ideology in his film reviews? I rarely agree with him on an ideological level, but I still reckon that that approach is what makes his opinions interesting even when others tend to dismiss him as a contrarian troll.

Heitai Yakuza, the original.

The Butterfly Effect

Haven't seen it in a long time but I remember loving the film and I still remember a few scenes from the movie and that awesome theme song.

It's a bit of a mixed bag. It's not perfect but it has it's moments. It has a great premise and there are some hilarious gags in the movie and there are strong characters. It's a much better movie than that boring Melissa McCarthy fart comedy Spy that critics love for whatever reason.

The string of Movies Rob Schneider did were all awesome great Comedies. I hope Adam Sandler gives him some more starring roles soon. His Movies are the best Happy Madison has ever produced.

Night Falls on Manhattan: A refreshingly intelligent drama with a definite "Law & Order" vibe. One of Sidney Lumet's best, in my opinion.

Real Genius: Probably confused with Weird Science and written off in its day as a mindless teen sex comedy. Inaccurately, to say the least.

Panic in the Streets: Interesting, engaging noir about a hunt for a killer in order to stop him from inadvertently spreading an epidemic.

The Enforcer: Another noir, with Humphrey Bogart as a DA taking on a Murder Inc-type organization. One of Bogey's most gripping movies, for me, and I am a big fan!

The Enforcer: Another noir, with Humphrey Bogart as a DA taking on a Murder Inc-type organization. One of Bogey's most gripping movies, for me, and I am a big fan!
And co-directed by Raoul Walsh, the man is a genius.

I think the fith element & lock, stock & two smoking barrels even if successful, I don't think they get the credit they deserve. I love them

I rewatched Lock, Stock the other day. I don't think it's held up too well because of how it's a bit too focused on spinning a lightweight, flashy caper that's vibrant and entertaining in the short term but doesn't have much in the way of long-term appeal. I'd say the same is true of Snatch, though that shows a bit more craft.

A
In any case, art is political, film is an art form

Who told you that? That's hogwash. Art is art and a film is a film (art is debatable depending on the film lol).

Honestly, politics injected into art or a film is just an additive sometimes, or it's just something people who are not the artist want to see, or see, or are convinced to see somehow by their own sensibility.

Rage Against the Machine is clearly designed to be a political outlet and there is an art in the mechanics of the music and vocal expression and writing.

If I see an oil painting with vibrant colors I can either call it political because I want to, or I can call it pure art with the assumption that the vibrancy is just a simple and pleasing decision made by the artist.