Movies That Are Underrated.....

Tools    

Are you gonna bark all day, little doggy?
groaned when i heard they going to remake them, but.. the amazing spider-man 2. it's underrated. cast, the chemistry, even what i consider a stupid villain like electro was very well executed. the visual effects, and the score (was not surprisded to hear this was a zimmer movie).
Zimmer was not responsible for most of what you heard. That goes to the creator of "Happy". Glad to hear you liked the film but IMO Electro did not work for me. Neither did the effects and music. I liked the Spiderman opening scene but that was it.

Pups - I don't kow of many people that have seen this film, but it is very cool.

Dawn Of The Dead - This is the best out of the great horror series. (Of course, I haven't seen Day Of The Dead yet)

A Man Called Hero - This is truly a HK epic. Full of action, comedy & romance.
Deffinetly, THE ONE... until Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon knocked it off the throne.
A Man Called Hero? You're better off watching the mainland "Hero". Far superior movie.

Zimmer was not responsible for most of what you heard. That goes to the creator of "Happy". Glad to hear you liked the film but IMO Electro did not work for me. Neither did the effects and music. I liked the Spiderman opening scene but that was it.
says you. how do you know how much each contributed to the soundtrack?

says you. how do you know how much each contributed to the soundtrack?
Did a little research. Pharrell Williams does most of the action scenes, especially with Electro. Zimmer does some of the action but more of the random background scenes.

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
The Skin I Live In (2011)
Cell 211 (2009)
Unbreakable (2000)

The Judge (2014).
Rotten Tomato rating : 47%
Metacritic Score : 48%
Budget : $50 million
Box office : $84.4 million

Is it as good as The Dark Knight ? No. It is not a perfect movie. But it is not as bad as the ratings are saying. In fact it's a pretty entertaining movie with very good character development, outstanding acting (mostly by Mr. Downey Jr. and Mr. Duvall), excellent dialogues and a simple but important message.

This movie is not a Courtroom Drama, this movie is a family drama and the whole courtroom sequences kept flourishing the characters and the father-son conflict which is the main plot of the movie. This is not a murder investigation movie, but most of the bad reviews I came across saying that they were more interested in the murder case. It's like you are watching Pirates of the Caribbean Curse of the Black Perl, but instead of the adventure, you are more interested in watching Will turner and Elizabeth making love, you want to see they are making love in different positions.

The Room(2003) is 32% in Rotten Tomato and The Judge is 47%. I don't believe The Judge is just 15% better than The Room. I believe it is a lot better than that.

Chief cook and bottlewasher
Joe Versus the Volcano (1990) - Absolutely the most underrated movie of all time. It's a beautiful movie, start to finish. Hanks and Ryan rock. There's not a slacker amongst the co-stars.

C'mon! Brain cloud!?

Joe Versus the Volcano (1990) - Absolutely the most underrated movie of all time. It's a beautiful movie, start to finish. Hanks and Ryan rock. There's not a slacker amongst the co-stars.

C'mon! Brain cloud!?
I need to revisit this one if just to use as a comfortable sleep aid.

Less Than Zero (1987)

Once again a film gets compared to a book and suffers for it. Terrific performances by RDJ and McCarthy. Great music score, awesome cinematography.
I have read the book and enjoyed it thoroughly. I have been meaning to watch the film.

I have read the book and enjoyed it thoroughly. I have been meaning to watch the film.
That might be setting yourself up for disappointment, to be honest. I Haven't read the book but I hear it is much more edgy than the movie, which admittedly uses 2 lame cover songs to open the film up. But after that it's decent as a standalone piece of film making from the 80's.

The Judge (2014).
Rotten Tomato rating : 47%
Metacritic Score : 48%
Budget : $50 million
Box office : $84.4 million

Is it as good as The Dark Knight ? No. It is not a perfect movie. But it is not as bad as the ratings are saying. In fact it's a pretty entertaining movie with very good character development, outstanding acting (mostly by Mr. Downey Jr. and Mr. Duvall), excellent dialogues and a simple but important message.

This movie is not a Courtroom Drama, this movie is a family drama and the whole courtroom sequences kept flourishing the characters and the father-son conflict which is the main plot of the movie. This is not a murder investigation movie, but most of the bad reviews I came across saying that they were more interested in the murder case. It's like you are watching Pirates of the Caribbean Curse of the Black Perl, but instead of the adventure, you are more interested in watching Will turner and Elizabeth making love, you want to see they are making love in different positions.

The Room(2003) is 32% in Rotten Tomato and The Judge is 47%. I don't believe The Judge is just 15% better than The Room. I believe it is a lot better than that.
Forget the Rotten Tomatoes, it is not like they use to be. Now is only aggressive and biased.

That might be setting yourself up for disappointment, to be honest. I Haven't read the book but I hear it is much more edgy than the movie, which admittedly uses 2 lame cover songs to open the film up. But after that it's decent as a standalone piece of film making from the 80's.
Fair enough. If I ever get around to watching it, I will try and not compare it to the book as much as possible. I guess that can be quite difficult, though.

Fair enough. If I ever get around to watching it, I will try and not compare it to the book as much as possible. I guess that can be quite difficult, though.
It may be. I read The Stand twice and when I watched the miniseries I actually thought it was decent so, it's possible.

But Less Than Zero, it's got James Spader acting like a playboy tough guy. Tough to get that kind of action anymore.

Forget the Rotten Tomatoes, it is not like they use to be. Now is only aggressive and biased.
I am realizing that too.