Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2014) 6/10
It was a good origin story but it lacked action and the turtles were ugly.

The Dark Knight (2008) 8/10
My 3rd time watching it. Batman is a complete dick in this Movie. The Joke and Harvey Dent are awesome.

Masterminds (2016) 7/10
A good fun comedy heist movie. Jason Sudeikis absolutely steals the show, who knew he could play a psycho so damn well? his performance was worthy of some sort of nomination.

Dallas Buyers Club (2013) 8/10
I was strangely attracted to Jared Leto in rag.

Man on the Moon (1999) 10/10

Absolutely loved this film. Andy Kaufman was a comedic genius and way before his time and he was a wrestling legend giving professional wrestling one of it's greatest moments ever.

The Philadelphia Story (1940)

I was never fully onboard with it. Good performances from the cast. Dialogue was on point. Don't agree with Stewart being awarded his only Oscar for this film.

Mommy (2014, Xavier Dolan)

This is a stunningly well acted and directed film, especially considering Dolan was only 25 years old at the time of its making. All three leads - Anne Dorval, Antoine-Olivier Pilon and Suzanne Clement - deliver fantastic performances imparting tangible authenticity and relatability to their characters but, to me, Kyla (Suzanne Clement) was probably the most interesting personality. Alienated and detached from her own family and hungry for genuine human interaction, she forms a quirky but beautifully natural bond with a troubled widowed mother and her violent ADHD-suffering son living across the street. Her background is never fully disclosed which lends a special aura of mysteriousness to her character, only amplified by her introverted ways and a speech problem. The final scene of parting between Diane and Kyla is incredible and worth the price of admission alone - so achingly humane, psychologically insightful and emotionally overwhelming.
Great film!

Life. Gravity meets Alien in this sci-fi horror flick starring Ryan Reynolds, Rebecca Ferguson and Jake Gyllenhaal. A team on the International Space Station are studying samples from Mars when they find a living organism among them - a microscopic single-cell life form that confirms the existence of life elsewhere in the universe. Of course, being that sort of movie, it doesn't stay microscopic for long... This is a terrific, intense, exciting and scary SF chiller that I really enjoyed. Goodness me, I can't remember the last time I went to the cinema twice in one week - and really enjoyed them both!

Unregistered User

Wish You Were Here (1987)

Very funny, underrated and underseen British comedy about a brash 16 year old girl who does her best to shock everyone she meets. Despite a comic tone it is quite a dark and bleak film but the acting is very good, in particular Emily Lloyd. Highly recommended.

++

Million Dollar Baby (2004)
Director: Clint Eastwood

Not a flawless film. The stagy fight sequences and the questionable ending left room for serious doubt. Other than that, the movie is a work of art with its performances. Eastwood provides his own music once again.

Legend in my own mind

Gone girl 2014

Fantastic film making and rubbish film making mixed together.

Very clever and tense thriller up to a point but ends up disappearing up it's own backside before never really reaching a destination.

Pike was absolutely superb in this film. Properly twisted in a stylish and sexy way.

I thought the acting was good and the idea incredible, but it seems like the writer got drunk during patches of writing the script.

Not bad, but the over riding feeling is one of disappointment.

Fantastic film making and rubbish film making mixed together.
What was rubbish about it?
Very clever and tense thriller up to a point but ends up disappearing up it's own backside before never really reaching a destination.
What destination? I thought the ending was perfect.
I thought the acting was good and the idea incredible, but it seems like the writer got drunk during patches of writing the script.
Could you specify which patches were drunk written in particular?
Not bad, but the over riding feeling is one of disappointment.
What disappointed you the most?

Legend in my own mind
@Tugg; What was rubbish about it?

The whole media nonsense and the public not having more questions. He does an interview and the whole public is like "Yeah, fair enough"

What destination? I thought the ending was perfect.

I didn't I thought it was stupid. Don't want to get into it too much as there may be people reading who haven't seen it. No way would he have made the decision he did so easily,

Could you specify which patches were drunk written in particular?

The lawyer predicting everything that would happen. The portrayal of the media influence and stupidity of the public, when in reality everyone is a conspiracy theorist. The fact that no one recognised her.

What disappointed you the most?

The ending.

The whole media nonsense and the public not having more questions. He does an interview and the whole public is like "Yeah, fair enough"
I'd say media angle was one of crucial cornerstones of "Gone Girl"
No way would he have made the decision he did so easily,
I'd say he didn't want to make any decisions at all and whatever he did, he did with immense inner conflict. In other words:- it was very hard for him.
The lawyer predicting everything that would happen. The portrayal of the media influence and stupidity of the public, when in reality everyone is a conspiracy theorist. The fact that no one recognised her.
The insanity of everything that was happening was crucial ingredient in my enjoyment of "Gone Girl". Your complaints seem like nit picking.

Anyway, we can agree to disagree and leave it at that.

Legend in my own mind
I'd say media angle was one of crucial cornerstones of "Gone Girl"

I'd say he didn't want to make any decisions at all and whatever he did, he did with immense inner conflict. In other words:- it was very hard for him.

The insanity of everything that was happening was crucial ingredient in my enjoyment of "Gone Girl". Your complaints seem like nit picking.

Anyway, we can agree to disagree and leave it at that.
Yup. I am sorry I didn't like a film that you did. Opinions and all that.

You can use spoiler tags if you want to discuss something spoilery @Sarge use this without the *

[*SPOILERS="Gone Girl Ending"][/SPOILERS*]

I would love to hear why you hated the ending...

Legend in my own mind
@MovieMeditation

WARNING: "Why I didn't like the ending of Gone Girl" spoilers below
I hated the way she came back and he was tucking her in to bed and stuff. He went along with her playing up to the media, and didn't even seem to struggle or try to get out of it. Then she said "Oh by the way, I have trapped you in a pregnancy" and he was like "I guess I will have to stick around forever then" She was a murdering psycho and he just went back to playing happy families. It was laughable

Jackie (2016)

Legend in my own mind
[IMG]
[/IMG]

Four minute mile (2014)

A weak attempt at a gritty, underdog style film about running.

Think a poor '8 mile' with running instead of rapping

@MovieMeditation

WARNING: "Why I didn't like the ending of Gone Girl" spoilers below
I hated the way she came back and he was tucking her in to bed and stuff. He went along with her playing up to the media, and didn't even seem to struggle or try to get out of it. Then she said "Oh by the way, I have trapped you in a pregnancy" and he was like "I guess I will have to stick around forever then" She was a murdering psycho and he just went back to playing happy families. It was laughable
The movie is a dark comedy and I thought the ending was pretty fitting.

I could go into details but I'm sure there is something online about it so I don't have to write in detail.