Kong Skull Island

→ in
Tools    

I went Last night with my brother and was expecting a mess of a film but overall was pretty enjoyable. Felt like there was a bit too many characters at times but they balanced it pretty well. John C Reilly was funny and not overused thank God. Good mix of story involving Human characters and action with Kong. Definitely has some cheesy moments however. Overall 3.5/5 Stars.

Legend in my own mind
I went Last night with my brother and was expecting a mess of a film but overall was pretty enjoyable. Felt like there was a bit too many characters at times but they balanced it pretty well. John C Reilly was funny and not overused thank God. Good mix of story involving Human characters and action with Kong. Definitely has some cheesy moments however. Overall 3.5/5 Stars.
Again, I agree wholeheartedly

I enjoyed it. I am glad that they did not go the usual route and try and bring him back and make him "fall in love" with Brie. There was an understanding there. I enjoyed it, and John C Reilly, as usual, is a highlight.

I liked it too and I liked how they made King Kong a protagonist as opposed to how he was made a villain in some of the older King Kong movies. Just like Godzilla who might've started out as a villain but isn't always portrayed as such.

Saw it. Loved it. Fun and not a rehash of the other films.

In my view there are two separate considerations for this film. The first is the CGI, action, settings, and cinematography. All of these are first rate.

But the story has been told umpteen times previously, simply with a different locale, slightly different beasts, and different characters. To be honest, I'm surprised that anyone over 16 years old would find this to be a good movie.

Both Hiddleston and Goodman were cringingly bad. I guess Hiddleston will have to stick to playing Loki; whereas Goodman will have to choose better rolls. I thought Hiddleston was bad in The Night Manager, but hoped it was just a one off. I'm happy that they both had big paydays, but IMO they should exercise better judgement.

So the big showdown between Kong and Godzilla is set. At least Goodman won't have to be in it. Not sure about Hiddleston...

~Cheers