The MoFo Top 100 Sci-Fi Films: Countdown

→ in
Tools    

And not to belabor the point, but then why have Chris take a space ship there? Why not just have him click his heels or something and just arrive there?
(I know there's no answer, I just like when sci-fi makes sense.)
It gives me great pleasure that this post came from the Mofo with the Superman avatar.

Actually we have 6 comic book films. We have The Avengers and Guardians of the Galaxy, plus Judge Dredd is from an English comic 2000 AD, Ghost in the Shell and Nausicaa are adapted from Manga, and Men in Black was originally a comic too.

And Empire and Star Wars will more then likely both be in the Top 10.Seven or Rogue One I think are too recent to make a top 100. The prequels never had a chance.
Um if too resent is a thing then Mad Max Fury Road should not be either it opened the same year. I forgot about MIB and Judge Dredd. I was thinking Marvel really at the time with all the x-men mutant based movies Spiderman and even Ninja Turtles but i can also see where its hard leave off classic sci fi as well.

Um if too resent is a thing then Mad Max Fury Road should not be either it opened the same year. I forgot about MIB and Judge Dredd. I was thinking Marvel really at the time with all the x-men mutant based movies Spiderman and even Ninja Turtles but i can also see where its hard leave off classic sci fi as well.
Who is resenting? I voted for Guardians AND The Avengers.

Avenger is 13 on my list but hope Guardians wasnt higher then Avengers. I mean count down wise
You don't have to remember. The list is updated on the first page, for reference sake.

Clicky HERE.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Who is resenting? I voted for Guardians AND The Avengers.
What meant was Force Awakens should make it in if Fury Road can they opened both in 2015. I was saying Recent not Rezent which i am likely spelling wrong.

Obviously not all comic book movies are sci fi contenders but i consider anything with science and mutation involved too be totally sci fi area.

Oh RECENT. Gotcha. Well Fury Road was a massive hit with fans and critics alike. Force Awakens while very financially and critically successful, had the fanbase split a bit. Not to mention even if it was popular (I liked it for the record), it was never going to be ranked higher then Jedi. If it was going to show, it would be towards the bottom 100.

Not to mention Fury Road is VERY popular on this site (myself included). But even it was ranked below The Road Warrior.

Predictions

14 and 13

14 Starman

13 Superman 2
There's no chance either of them will turn up at this point. Granted, I'm surprised Starman missed the top 100 entirely.

It gives me great pleasure that this post came from the Mofo with the Superman avatar.
What about the Superman story doesn't make sense? What I should say is: what parts lack explanation. Let's not confuse unlikely, improbable or infeasible information with a lack of information.

(He's coming up soon on the list, you know.)

What about the Superman story doesn't make sense?
(He's coming up soon on the list, you know.)
I'm hoping this is sarcasm, if not I will answer with my own question. What about it does?

I'm hoping this is sarcasm, if not I will answer with my own question. What about it does?
Sorry, I just edited my last post too late.
My point is, most stuff in the Superman story (as transitory & fluid as it's been over the last 8 decades) is accounted for. Whereas in a story like Solaris, the tangible questions are not even addressed. In Star Trek, for instance, we can go to planets in other star systems due to a fictional device called "warp drive" - it doesn't exist, but is a plot device that gets us to our setting. The physics behind any attempted explanations for it don't work beyond the wildly theoretical just like most of the attempts to use physics to explain anything else in sci-fi.
But Solaris doesn't offer any attempts to even supply the plot device that gets the characters to the setting - unless, as I said in one possible theory - that Solaris is relatively close by.