Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Sex Lies and Videotape. Watched it again, well written well acted drama. 8/10.

Saw Beauty and the Beast at the cinema today. I was a bit on the skeptical side, as it's not really my usual cup of tea and in all honesty I probably wouldn't have bothered but for the fact I like Emma Watson, but I actually generally really enjoyed it. One or two of the songs had me rolling my eyes and went on a bit too long but for the most part it was really, really fun, bouyed by the lovely lead actress (certainly the best thing she's done since Perks, hopefully The Circle will be great too). Had a really good time with this.

Welcome to the human race...
In the Line of Fire -

Yeah, I think I'm actually starting to get tired of Clint Eastwood movies.

Mrs. Miniver (1942)

I thought both Greer Garson and Teresa Wright delivered solid performances. Glad they received Oscars.

Legend in my own mind

Ghostbusters (2016)

Thought I would hate it.

I didn't...

I just strongly disliked almost everything about it.

More detailed thoughts on my thread.

Key Largo (1948)

+

I saw this about 20 years ago when my wife and I watched a bunch of classics, and I hardly remembered any of it. She remembered more than I did, something that got me the evil eye since I had told her she'd never seen it. One of the great things for me while focusing on 40's movies has been rediscovering Humphrey Bogart in his prime. Another great thing has been the discovery Edward G. Robinson. Here they go head to head with Bogie being a Major just out of the military, and Robinson being a gangster. The setting is a Florida hotel right on the water and in the midst of a hurricane. The supporting cast featuring Lauren Bacall and Lionel Barrymore is also a big plus. This is an awesome classic crime thriller with some of cinema's greatest legends. It is a must see.

Lion (2016)

“I was cured, all right!”

Good remake.

WARNING: "SPLIT" spoilers below
Unbreakable it's one of my favorite movies and that ending of Split! HOLY ****! I was fully blind in the movie theaters, when the VISIONS by James Newton Howard starts to played I freak out! I FREAK OUT. I scream and cry at the same time, I fell bad for all that people who don't understand the meaning of Bruce Willis there. Watched twice in a row. Thank you Shyamalan! THANK YOU. Never had felling that way in a movie theaters. Sorry but i'm excited!

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds

Unbreakable it's one of my favorite movies and that ending of Split! HOLY ****! I was fully blind in the movie theaters, when the VISIONS by James Newton Howard starts to played I freak out! I FREAK OUT. I scream and cry at the same time, I fell bad for all that people who don't understand the meaning of Bruce Willis there. Watched twice in a row. Thank you Shyamalan! THANK YOU. Never had felling that way in a movie theaters. Sorry but i'm excited!
I'm surprised so many people understood what was happening, just from the musical cue.

Suspect's Reviews

I'm surprised so many people understood what was happening, just from the musical cue.
I'm a big fan of the original! And I LOVE the soundtrack! I was listen to VISIONS on the car in the way to the theaters! Damn good coincidence! Watched Unbreakable again one week before Split comes to my country so it was very fresh in my mind! Oh man I freak out, but I was the only one in the theater that was nerding out and crying! My girlfriend went crazy with me because I was screaming UNBREAKABLE MOT********RS!

Ted (MacFarlane, 2012)
2/10
Good-made bad movie. What are doing there such actors like Wahlberg, Kunis or may favourite Ribisi? If I think, how many starving people could receive food for money, which were spent on this movie...
[/quote]

I gave TED 2012 an 8/10. Thought it was pretty funny.

Is there something wrong with me?

Puppetmaster (1989)
Director: David Schmoeller

Cool idea but Stuart Gordon's "Dolls" did it much better.

This movie is slow and the casting was bad. Acting poor. Tedious to sit through. Good doll fx but not enough to warrant a good b picture. Surprised this is the one that gets all of the attention. For a much better film, see Dolls from 1987.

EDIT: I'll try it again later, it did have some good moments. Maybe the mood wasn't right. For now I'm sticking with 2 boxes.

Sátántangó (1994, Béla Tarr)
+

Quite possibly the greatest film I've seen to date. A towering cinematic achievement, no doubt.

That cat scene, though...

Sátántangó (1994, Béla Tarr)
+

Quite possibly the greatest film I've seen to date. A towering cinematic achievement, no doubt.
I agree with you 100%. I'm actually rewatching it this weekend. :

Somebody shoots that kid in the face please!

I can't rate this because this isn't a normal movie. There are lots of explanations for all of the things that "make no sense". This is art!

THE WATCH (2012)

I'm sorry but I really like this movie. It's ridiculous and vulgar and I like it. I like the ensemble and a lot of the improvised lines. Vince Vaughn, I'm a big fan of his. He's a complete doofus on purpose and I like to see energy being projected outward the way he does it. I don't care that Costco's is one of the major plot points. I really don't. Big deal. How about mentioning Glen Matlock as being the better bassist in the Sex Pistols. It's not hip to sell out or be the crowd pleasing movie for everyone, and that involves having integrity. The Watch has none of that. It's a complete corporate money grabber. It at least broke even I think. Again, who cares. It's funny. I turn it on and watch it to lift my sprits. Last night my spirits were lifted. "The man is a f*ckin* C*NT!" (referring to an alien creature)