Rauldc14's Top 119 Films

→ in
Tools    

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
Thanks for that deep insightful post Spaulding. I always look forward to your thoughts as well. Seems we have more film interests in common than I thought.

84. Night of the Living Dead

A fun yet tense movie that far exceeded the expectations that I had for it. This is what a thriller should be and what a horror should be. I'm not a huge fan of horrors but this is certainly one of the king's of its kind.

83. Ed Wood

Watched this on a recommendation from Cobpyth and it has been a favorite ever since. Here is what I said about it for the fourth Hall of Fame:

Oh boy this is a talented Hall of Fame for me.

I just saw Ed Wood for the first time and completely loved it. Edward D. Wood Jr. Is known as one of the worst directors of our time, but throu this film you can't deny that he is absolutely passionate about the film industry. He always aimed to be at a level of Orson Welles. The black and white cinematography was a HUGE success, as it helps Burton relate to Woods time period. The storyline is fascinating and could not have possibly been any better. The pacing of the film was perfect and we get to know just the type of person that Ed Wood is. He seemed like a great guy, even though he had his goofy ways to him. This film made me laugh, cry, and appreciate film in a manner that many other films fail to do. Lastly, the performances of Johnny Depp and Martin Landau (heck, even the support roles) were stellar. The film actually makes me want to watch one of the films that they were filming in this movie. Now that's power.

I am at odds with how this list will look for me, and I've still got four films left!

I think that last 3 might be the most I've ever agree with your choices. Both Good Will Hunting and Ed Wood are on my 100 too, so it's really pleasing to see them here and NotLD is a horror classic which I have a lot of time for.

82. Pursuit of Happyness

A very touching and uplifting film that I've loved since the first time I saw it. This was the first film that I ever saw with my wife too. Will Smith's performance was excellent as well. If you are looking for a film to lift up your spirits, look no further than this one.

81. L.A. Confidential

A movie with a lot of high paced thrills. The screenplay is awesome. Every single performance is among that actors best in their career. Kim Basingers performance was truly outstanding as well, one of the better supporting actress performances that I have seen. Just an all around well rounded film.

80. Sunset Boulevard

Wilder knows how to make the best out of his casts. Swanson and Holden are both absolutely terrific. A terrific screenplay is at the precipice of what makes Wilder films so golden. This is certainly no different.

79. Back to the Future

A movie that just is pure fun. Certainly one of those films that you can just relax, sit back, and enjoy the ride. Not all too much to say about it other than that, but it's a film that's easy to go back to.

83. Ed Wood
The film actually makes me want to watch one of the films that they were filming in this movie. Now that's power...
That is funny, I had the exact same reaction to Ed Wood, and I did then watch a number of his films and became an Ed Wood fan. His early stuff does strive to do something special....all on a shoe string budget. Did you ever end up watching one of his films?

When I was a kid, I remember liking "Back to the Future" immensely, but couldn't care less for either of the sequels. They would play on TV and I would be doing something else in the room. Nothing in the sequels would interest me to watch them.

78. The Ring

Probably my second favorite horror of all time. I'm a big fan of Naomi Watts and I really love her performance in this movie. It's an underrated gem for me.

Looks like it's been awhile since I posted in here. I haven't seen Night of the Living Dead or Pursuit of Happyness.

I didn't care for Ed Wood, but I only watched it once and should probably give it another shot. L.A. Confidential, Sunset Boulevard, Back to the Future, and The Ring are all good, but are not favorites for me.