Sad Songs Song Tournament

Tools    

I'm sorry about skipping yesterday, but I had a horrible day,
What happened?

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.

It's a long story, but it started out with a broken refrigerator, then moved on to a fight with PC Richards, another fight with Best Buy, and then ended with a blow-out fight with Red Robin. (Red Robin was the worst fight. It took over 2-1/2 hours for two people to eat dinner at Red Robin, they had to cook the food three times before they got it right, then they tried to upcharge us on the bill because they screwed up and had to throw out food. )

But we were able to get a new refrigerator delivered today, so at least we have food in the house again.

MC for the Great Underground Circus
ROUND 2 - DAY 3:

Lissie - Here Before vs. Chris Stapleton - Daddy Doesn't Pray Here Anymore

The Beatles - Yesterday
vs. U2 - Sometimes You Can't Make It on Your Own

Bullet For My Valentine - Bittersweet Memories vs. James Brown - Mama's Dead

Black Sabbath - Solitude [Cathedral cover version] vs. Lady Antebellum - Need You Now

Katie Melua - The One I Love Is Gone vs. RadioHead - Pyramid song

Mark Chesnutt - I'll Think of Something vs. System of a Down - Roulette

This Mortal Coil - Song to the Siren vs. Third Eye Blind - How's It Going to Be

Cesaria Evora - Sodade (Alternate Link for U.S.)
vs. Five Finger Death Punch - Wrong Side of Heaven

ROUND 2 - DAY 3:

The Beatles - Yesterday vs. U2 - Sometimes You Can't Make It on Your Own

Cathedral - Solitude vs. Lady Antebellum - Need You Now

Cesaria Evora - Sodade vs. Five Finger Death Punch - Wrong Side of Heaven

Legend in my own mind
ROUND 2 - DAY 3:

Black Sabbath - Solitude [Cathedral cover version] vs. Lady Antebellum - Need You Now

Cesaria Evora - Sodade (Alternate Link for U.S.) vs. Five Finger Death Punch - Wrong Side of Heaven

ROUND 2 - DAY 3

Cesaria Evora - Sodade (Alternate Link for U.S.) vs. Five Finger Death Punch - Wrong Side of Heaven

ROUND 2 - DAY 3:

It's becoming harder and harder.

It's a long story, but it started out with a broken refrigerator, then moved on to a fight with PC Richards, another fight with Best Buy, and then ended with a blow-out fight with Red Robin. (Red Robin was the worst fight. It took over 2-1/2 hours for two people to eat dinner at Red Robin, they had to cook the food three times before they got it right, then they tried to upcharge us on the bill because they screwed up and had to throw out food. )

But we were able to get a new refrigerator delivered today, so at least we have food in the house again.
Blimey, a hell of a day. I thought you'd had a fight with a policeman there!

ROUND 2 - DAY 3:

Lissie - Here Before vs. Chris Stapleton - Daddy Doesn't Pray Here Anymore I like Here Before, but in spite of my feelings towards mawkish religion in C&W songs, this one is a terrible Ohrwurm!

The Beatles - Yesterday vs. U2 - Sometimes You Can't Make It on Your Own I'm not a U2 fan but in all good faith I can't vote for something that's not the Beatles no matter how I like the song, it's just not the same without Paul.

Black Sabbath - Solitude [Cathedral cover version] vs. Lady Antebellum - Need You Now - I like both of these

Katie Melua - The One I Love Is Gone vs. RadioHead - Pyramid song - The One I love is Gone has grown on me since I last listened to it. I like the music in the Radiohead song more than I do it with the lyrics

This Mortal Coil - Song to the Siren
vs. Third Eye Blind - How's It Going to Be

Cesaria Evora - Sodade (Alternate Link for U.S.)
vs. Five Finger Death Punch - Wrong Side of Heaven

ROUND 2 - DAY 3:

The Beatles - Yesterday vs. U2 - Sometimes You Can't Make It on Your Own (I think I like this version of "Yesterday" more than The Beatles version.)

Lissie - Here Before vs. Chris Stapleton - Daddy Doesn't Pray Here Anymore (I like this guy Chris Stapleton... I don't know why but I like him)

The Beatles - Yesterday vs. U2 - Sometimes You Can't Make It on Your Own (One band I love and One band I don't like... pretty easy choice)

Bullet For My Valentine - Bittersweet Memories vs. James Brown - Mama's Dead (Top 5 band for me and very good all-around song)

Black Sabbath - Solitude [Cathedral cover version] vs. Lady Antebellum - Need You Now (I like this tune)

Katie Melua - The One I Love Is Gone vs. RadioHead - Pyramid song (Not a big Radiohead fan but this one's pretty good)

Mark Chesnutt - I'll Think of Something vs. System of a Down - Roulette (HUGE System Of A Down fan as you probably all know I love this song)

This Mortal Coil - Song to the Siren vs. Third Eye Blind - How's It Going to Be (two good songs coin flip)

Cesaria Evora - Sodade (Alternate Link for U.S.) vs. Five Finger Death Punch - Wrong Side of Heaven (easy for me)

The Beatles - Yesterday vs. U2 - Sometimes You Can't Make It on Your Own (I think I like this version of "Yesterday" more than The Beatles version.)
Out of interest ,,,, if one of the songs by either Jack, Phil, Geoff and Dingo or Rodney Zimmerman (not even sure if this one is still in?) should happen to win this what will go in the winners list? Wouldn't be right to disqualify the actual originals from future tourneys imo.
Probably moot but just wondering - that's all.

Out of interest ,,,, if one of the songs by either Jack, Phil, Geoff and Dingo or Rodney Zimmerman (not even sure if this one is still in?) should happen to win this what will go in the winners list? Wouldn't be right to disqualify the actual originals from future tourneys imo.
Probably moot but just wondering - that's all.

I doubt they'll win, but if they do, I guess we'll have to add the words "Cover Version" to the song info in the Winner's List. There's no reason to disqualify the original versions if they didn't actually win a tournament.

I doubt they'll win, but if they do, I guess we'll have to add the words "Cover Version" to the song info in the Winner's List. There's no reason to disqualify the original versions if they didn't actually win a tournament.
Kewl, just thunked I'd best ask as the thought went through my mind after your comment

Kewl, just thunked I'd best ask as the thought went through my mind after your comment

It's definitely a valid point. I noticed that the Bob Dylan cover song seems to be doing well in this tournament too. Maybe that and The Beatles cover song should have been nominated in the recent Cover Song song tournament. IMO, they're both better than the original artists versions.