Sad Songs Song Tournament

Tools    

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
@Derek Vinyard I thought I checked to see if Sound of Silence had won before. Just checked again and I see it came runner up in the 2nd Song Tournament @gbgoodies please feel free to withdraw it if you think it's appropriate, I really don't mind. You can have a three way match on one of the rounds to compensate?

"Sound of Silence" was a runner-up, but it didn't win a previous tournament, so it's eligible for this tournament. (Previous runner-ups are eligible. Previous winners are not.)

ROUND 2 - DAY 1:

Ben Howard- Empty Corridors vs. Devil Doll - It Was Raining

The Sundays - Wild Horses vs. Lady Gaga - Til it Happens to You

A-Ha - Stay on These Roads vs. The Suede - The Wild Ones

Amália Rodrigues - Fado Português vs. System Of A Down - Lonely Day

Brenda Lee - The End Of The World vs. Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds - Alone on the Rope

Sia - Breathe Me (Alternate Link for U.S.) vs. B.B King - Worried Dream

Anthony and the Johnsons' - Hope There's Someone vs. Collective Soul - The World I Know

The Smiths - Last Night I Dreamt That Somebody Loved Me (Alternate Link for Non-U.S.) vs. Bruce Springsteen - Streets of Philadelphia

ROUND 2 - DAY 1

A-Ha - Stay on these roads vs. The Suede - The Wild Ones
Tough choice for me between these two.

Brenda Lee - The End Of The World vs. Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds - Alone on the Rope

Anthony and the Johnsons' - Hope There's Someone vs. Collective Soul - The World I Know

The Smiths - Last Night I Dreamt That Somebody Loved Me (Alternate Link for Non-U.S.) vs. Bruce Springsteen - Streets of Philadelphia
Another close one. Dang, this is getting hard.

Legend in my own mind
ROUND 2 - DAY 1:

This was tough listening today, not because I found the songs particularly sad but I didn't like many of them at all.

Legend in my own mind
ROUND 2 - DAY 2:

Gary Jules – Mad World vs. James Ingram ~ Just Once

Sinead O'Connor - Thank You for Hearing Me vs. Christina Perri - The Lonely

Jeff Buckley - Hallelujah vs. Radiohead - House of Cards

Skylar Grey - Invisible vs. Ray Charles - A Song For You

Bob Dylan - Knocking on Heaven's Door vs. Portishead - Roads

The Smiths - There is a Light That Never Goes Out vs. Crowded House - Don't Dream It's Over

Buddy Miller - I Can't Get Over You vs. A Great Big World, Christina Aguilera - Say Something

Simon and Garfunkel - Sound of Silence vs. Aretha Franklin – “Ain’t No Way”

ROUND 2 - DAY 2:

Sinead O'Connor - Thank You for Hearing Me vs. Christina Perri - The Lonely wow, this was really difficult to decide, i replayed them like zillion times.

Bob Dylan - Knocking on Heaven's Door vs. Portishead - Roads i would give it to Bob...

The Smiths - There is a Light That Never Goes Out vs. Crowded House - Don't Dream It's Over both are 80s and i love 80s but this one didnt give me that "pleasant" melancholy, that travel in time feeling like Crowded House did.

Buddy Miller - I Can't Get Over You vs. A Great Big World, Christina Aguilera - Say Something i love Christina, actually The Voice Within was one of my nom choices

Simon and Garfunkel - Sound of Silence vs. Aretha Franklin – “Ain’t No Way” aint no way indeed

Thank you very much indeed! I really enjoyed your songs

ROUND 2 - DAY 2:

The Smiths - There is a Light That Never Goes Out vs. Crowded House - Don't Dream It's Over
Just for the record I used this link for The Smiths as the given link is no longer available due to copyright claim

Buddy Miller - I Can't Get Over You vs. A Great Big World, Christina Aguilera - Say Something

MC for the Great Underground Circus
ROUND 2 - DAY 2:

Sinead O'Connor - Thank You for Hearing Me vs. Christina Perri - The Lonely - I like the lyrics a lot, strong stuff. But overall the song follows the same old pattern of "girl + slow piano playing = sad" that we find in pop music. Those lyrics though...

Jeff Buckley - Hallelujah vs. Radiohead - House of Cards - I prefer Mr. Cohen's original [RIP]

Skylar Grey - Invisible vs. Ray Charles - A Song For You - the Skylar Grey song is too up-beat.

Bob Dylan - Knocking on Heaven's Door vs. Portishead - Roads - That Wurlitzer Electric Piano....

Simon and Garfunkel - Sound of Silence vs. Aretha Franklin – “Ain’t No Way” - classic

ROUND 2 - DAY 1:

ROUND 2 - DAY 1 is still open for @Ðèstîñy and @mojofilter to vote.

ROUND 2 - DAY 2 is still open for @christine, @Ðèstîñy, @d_chatterley, @mistique, @Derek Vinyard, @mojofilter and Me (gbgoodies) to vote.

I won't be able to post another set tonight because it's been a very long day and I'm literally falling asleep at my keyboard right now, but hopefully this will give the people who need it a chance to catch up. Sorry about the delay, but it should only be a 1-day delay. Thanks.

ROUND 2 - DAY 2:

Just for the record I used this link for The Smiths as the given link is no longer available due to copyright claim

Thanks for the info about the broken link. I fixed it in the post with the matches above.

ROUND 2 - DAY 2

The Smiths - There is a Light That Never Goes Out vs. Crowded House - Don't Dream It's Over (amazing song)

ROUND 2 DAY 1

Sia - Breathe Me (Alternate Link for U.S.)
vs. B.B King - Worried Dream

ROUND 2 - DAY 2

“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ~ Rocky Balboa

ROUND 2 - DAY 2:

ROUND 2 - DAY 2:

ROUND 2 - DAY 2: