Terrorist Attacks

Tools    

You can't win an argument just by being right!

Wow, now you are really pulling facts out of your a$$. Nowhere did I condone islamic terror by accusing you or anyone speaking against it. .
So it's happening to you as well, D? I find that extremely freaking offensive and put him on ignore after he called me a terrorist sympathiser. I have never been called such a thing in the real world and wont take it from a stranger on the net.

@d_chatterley,

Not sure if you were referring to one of Boko Haram's leaders or its founder, but you referred to the group as "him" and "his group" a couple times.

Just a point of fact for anyone's info, the name of the group isn't a proper name, but in English it means "Western education is forbidden".

"The group's official name is Wilayat Gharb Afriqiya, to designate it as a branch or "province" of the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL).[15][33] Prior to Abubakar Shekau's pledge of allegiance to ISIL, the group's official name was Jamā'atu Ahli is-Sunnah lid-Da'wati wal-Jihād جماعة أهل السنة للدعوة والجهاد, meaning "People Committed to the Prophet's Teachings for Propagation and Jihad".[34]"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boko_Haram
You are correct. Boko Haram is a group and not a person and I should have referred to it as "it" instead. I will correct my post.

So it's happening to you as well, D? I find that extremely freaking offensive and put him on ignore after he called me a terrorist sympathiser. I have never been called such a thing in the real world and wont take it from a stranger on the net.
Yeah it is. I will move on from this thread since it is just too much.

Ashdoc isn't a troll. He's been here a number of years and has done loads of interesting reviews on Bollywood films and also posted lots of photos of his beautiful country. I stand up for the right for him to post as many opinions as he likes on the situation in India, including his views on Muslims in his own country. We can all take views on what life is like in other countries from holidays or travelling, but we are not at the end of the day part of that culture or have any family history from there.
What I don't like is the transfer of views from people who live elsewhere or are from other other cultures superimposed onto my own country.
I just didn't like that photo you posted Ashdoc, it doesn't represent the lives of people in this country. We are not as divisive as that. We live together in this small island pretty well. We manage to keep our extremists under control, probably better than most European countries maybe? - even our only UKIP MP has just quit UKIP (yay)
Anyway, just saying

Yeah it is. I will move on from this thread since it is just too much.
I agree. It was obviously started with an agenda. See you in the film threads. Cheers.

"I smell sex and candy here" - Marcy Playground
We live in the age of the muslim infomercial, and some poeple just can't handle reading the consumer reports. C'est la vie.

Excuse me, I never said the list of countries were liberal. I just picked them because of cultural differences. Nowhere did I mention that one is more or less liberal than the other.

Oh really??

Wow, now you are really pulling facts out of your a$$. Nowhere did I condone islamic terror by accusing you or anyone speaking against it.
I accused you based on the inflamatory photo of the Muslim girl that you posted, a post you still fail to address because you know you were wrong.

Really? Now you are going to bring up this one Islamic extremist and his group which should be eradicated and identify them with the whole country? You do realize Nigeria is a very diverse country with many different Muslim, Christian, Hindu and other groups, right?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religion_in_Nigeria
Boko Haram is weakening and hopefully him and his supporters will cease to exist soon. But of course, your focus was never on the extreme islamists only, was it?

Speaking of extremists, how would you like if someone based their opinion of your whole country on some Hindu minority extremist group? Apparently you have some similar problems in your country as well.
https://news.vice.com/article/christ...mists-in-india
I would never paint with such a wide brush, but you go ahead.
if that photo is so obviously inflammatory , there is no need for you to complain . no one will be fooled and the person posting it will be castigated for it . you are complaining because the photo somewhere shows the truth and puts people like you ( who want to pretend that islamic terror is not a problem ) on the backfoot . the muslim woman walking casually probably is an immigrant from a islamic nation that has endemic violence and is probably callous to the sight of a few persons killed in violence because she so used to it . doesn't care much....

amazingly , you call boko haram as ' him' and talk of 'his' group thinking that it is a person . once again exposes your lack of knowledge . you should call boko haram as 'it' because it is a terror group and not a person . and not knowing anything about a major terror group like boko haram also exposes you as a person with very little knowledge about islamic terrorism . it is africa's ISIS . but you are obviously ignorant about it . now i know where all the accusations of islamophobia are coming from---out of ignorance of true facts .

no hindu extremist group has created havoc in india comparable to the havoc that boko haram has created in nigeria .

now that you are exposed as a person with very little knowledge about the topic you are arguing about , i dont wish to waste my time arguing any further . i will rest my case .

but before that let me tell you that if this forum exists after 20 years and we both are present on it at that time , you will be forced to admit your fallacy . the native population of europeans is dwindling day by day and even schools and entire villages are emptying out . the present generation of europeans dont want to produce children and just want to enjoy . in america the same problem exists . but the ones coming to replace the existing american population are not muslims and america will not see any major outbreak of violence in 20 years or even later . but the ones replacing the dwindling european population are muslims , and once their population crosses the thirty percent mark in 20 years there will be a major outbreak of violence in europe . todays terror attacks will be pinpricks in front of it . muslims will try to impose the sharia ( islamic ) law in europe and the native europeans will resist , leading to full scale violence . you eyes will be opened to the truth at that time . beyond that i have nothing to say at present . i will post again only after another terror attack happens---and it will , judging from the way things are going .

You tend to trivialize someone's posts somewhat often on here Cap.
I admire it too, but I wouldn't cut my balls off for the cause. But that's just me.
Even though you apologized the fact you said it was telling.

You tend to trivialize someone's posts somewhat often on here Cap.

Even though you apologized the fact you said it was telling.
I trivialize trivial posts. Saying you have to leave the thread because it's too much (and I take it you were not referring to the actual reports of terrorism which might indeed be too much for some, but to the responses of other posters) seems a bit trivial.

..I take it you were not referring to the actual reports of terrorism which might indeed be too much for some, but to the responses of other posters...
Actually neither, but I will leave it at that.

Actually neither, but I will leave it at that.
Now this cryptic, enigmatic, mystery as to what you actually were referring to is too much for me. (I may have to leave this thread and go outside for a walk or something to try to cope with the too-muchedness of it all).

Sorry for trivializing another response... again.

We live together in this small island pretty well. We manage to keep our extremists under control, probably better than most European countries maybe? - even our only UKIP MP has just quit UKIP (yay)
yay the MP for the political party trying to restore democracy to Britain has quit UKIP yaaaaaay

yay the MP for the political party trying to restore democracy to Britain has quit UKIP yaaaaaay
Restore democracy to the UK? We have been a full democracy since 1928.

Restore democracy to the UK? We have been a full democracy since 1928.
The British people have consistently opposed immigration since 1945, 4.3 million of us voted for UKIP and we only had one MP, there are two examples of how democracy has failed us.

The British people have consistently opposed immigration since 1945, 4.3 million of us voted for UKIP and we only had one MP, there are two examples of how democracy has failed us.
A massively sweeping statement .
This is our system of democracy, like it or not. We had a referendum in 2011 to ask the British people if we wanted an alternative system and we voted 68% to 32% to stay with the system we have. This gives us a strong government (whether you agree with the present holders or not) not the weak coalitions that many European countries have.

A good news report.

Information emerging shows that the man Kahlid Masood was a violent man who had been in prison several times for grevious bodily harm, assault and possession of weapons, and this is years before he converted to Islam. There's reports from a friend saying he even held a knife against his friends throat. He's already hurt people before he became a Muslim, and no doubt he would've carried on his violent anger even if he hadn't been converted.

The worry is the radicalisation of people inside prison. We need to do more research and deal with this problem as jihadists can radicalise already unstable people who being inside prison cannot have a counterbalance. In the UK the prisons are underfunded and short staffed, it's not only radicalisation that needs to be monitored, it's bullying and watching out for mental health problems, but that's anoher story.

I saw a quote in the Indie which points out that
Experts have also warned that Muslim converts are more susceptible to radicalisation as they lack moderate voices among friends and relatives and do not have the Islamic knowledge to counter Salafist (ultra conservative, fundamentalist Sunni) teachings.

A good news report.

Information emerging shows that the man Kahlid Masood was a violent man who had been in prison several times for grevious bodily harm, assault and possession of weapons, and this is years before he converted to Islam. There's reports from a friend saying he even held a knife against his friends throat. He's already hurt people before he became a Muslim, and no doubt he would've carried on his violent anger even if he hadn't been converted.

The worry is the radicalisation of people inside prison. We need to do more research and deal with this problem as jihadists can radicalise already unstable people who being inside prison cannot have a counterbalance. In the UK the prisons are underfunded and short staffed, it's not only radicalisation that needs to be monitored, it's bullying and watching out for mental health problems, but that's anoher story.

I saw a quote in the Indie which points out that
Experts have also warned that Muslim converts are more susceptible to radicalisation as they lack moderate voices among friends and relatives and do not have the Islamic knowledge to counter Salafist (ultra conservative, fundamentalist Sunni) teachings.

Yes, same with Omar Mateen in Orlando Florida and Man Haron Monis in the Sydney siege to name just two more examples.