I Can't Believe They Made This Movie When I WASN'T EVEN ALIVE!!!

Tools    

Poltergeist always gets me tbh.
Released when I was 5 months old, but was filmed between 6-4 months before I was born.

Another thing that gets me, is Dominique Dunne was already dead by the time I first saw the movie and I never even knew until only a few years ago.

Welcome to the human race...
You were lucky to even BE BORN. Think of all of the people who will never know life.

They'll never know what movies are.
They'll never have to know what it's like to read Sexy Celebrity posts. Lucky bastards.

A lot of movies I really love came out the same year I was born. I think it's oddly fitting.

I'm always impressed when older films have great effects that look much better than ones that came out decades later. I had a few of those moments when rewatching films for the Sci-Fi Countdown, because when I saw them before I didn't know what year they actually came out in. Unfortunately, I can't remember which films they were though.

MC for the Great Underground Circus
what fascinates me is that 2001 was made even before Man actually took a walk in space and iwas able to depict with a great deal of accuracy what things look from space and various low gravity phenomenon, while, at the same time, being able to do futurology also with a great deal of accuracy [example: tablets].

There was a great deal of research done and a lot of great minds involved in the making of that movie [NASA, as per example] at that time.

MC for the Great Underground Circus
A lot of movies I really love came out the same year I was born. I think it's oddly fitting.

I'm always impressed when older films have great effects that look much better than ones that came out decades later. I had a few of those moments when rewatching films for the Sci-Fi Countdown, because when I saw them before I didn't know what year they actually came out in. Unfortunately, I can't remember which films they were though.
I see many people defending Practical Effects over CGI a lot. In some cases the practical ones are better for sure. But not always.

Poltergeist always gets me tbh.
Released when I was 5 months old, but was filmed between 6-4 months before I was born.

Another thing that gets me, is Dominique Dunne was already dead by the time I first saw the movie and I never even knew until only a few years ago.
I'm definitely the old fart on this site...I was two years out of college when Poltergeist was released.

About half my favourite films were made before i was born, but i don't have any trouble believing they made films before i existed. i am not particularly awed by the fact that i wasn't born when they were made.

I Can't Believe They Made This Movie Forum When I WASN'T EVEN ALIVE!!!

Yes, it's very true. You have been dead before. In a way. Yes. We've all been dead before. It's nothing to worry about -- we already know what it's like to not exist.

"I was dead too long this time. The anaesthetic almost destroyed the regenerative process"

What are your favorite pre-birth films?!
I think I am in awe of early films, going right back to the birth of film really. It's time travel basically, and if only humans had discovered the processes sooner – imagine what we would have been able to see.

You know, it really is time travel, viewing films, viewing home movies, seeing pictures. All these actors who are now dead... they're still alive in the movies they performed in.
Yeah, memento mori .

It's not time travel you can interact with, but it's time travel you can experience mentally. You can see it the way it was lived.
Exactly – it's a record. Like finding a prehistoric creature trapped in amber.

Sometimes I have dreams about the past and that can be like an interactive time traveling - and in those, it's like I'm really living it because you believe dreams are real when you're dreaming them.
Yeah you do. And then it's "Oh no. It's a dream isn't it? It's a bloody dream" .

Lot's of movies were made before I was born. For example, Back to the Future, Wizard of Oz, Indiana Jones.

Chief cook and bottlewasher
I'm definitely the old fart on this site...I was two years out of college when Poltergeist was released.
I'm thinking you and I are right around the same age. Grab a rocker and we can yell at kids to stay off the lawn.