What was the last DVD you bought and why?

Tools    

"Honor is not in the Weapon. It is in the Man"

I bought Assassin's Creed on Tuesday and got the Wal-Mart exclusive package that has the Blu-Ray/DVD/Digital HD w/ a T-shirt.

The Bib-iest of Nickels

I bought Assassin's Creed on Tuesday and got the Wal-Mart exclusive package that has the Blu-Ray/DVD/Digital HD w/ a T-shirt.
I am hoping that film isn't as bad as what critics say, but I can't bring myself to watch it to find out.

"Honor is not in the Weapon. It is in the Man"
I am hoping that film isn't as bad as what critics say, but I can't bring myself to watch it to find out.
As a fan of the games, I actually liked it. They came up with a story never used in the games and Michael Fassbender actually did quite well IMO.

The Bib-iest of Nickels
As a fan of the games, I actually liked it. They came up with a story never used in the games and Michael Fassbender actually did quite well IMO.
That's good to hear, a lot of the criticisms seemed to do a lot with the surrealism and ridiculousness of the concept, particularly the use of historical figures, which is almost a motif of the Creed series. I'm sad the film didn't do well at the box-office, only grossing about 240 million off a 125 million dollar budget (and probably a substantial marketing budget to go with the production), because I would've liked a franchise. Ubisoft is apparently developing a television series, however, and apparently it will be on Netflix.

Technically, I'm lying, since I didn't pay one single penny for these... Critic privileges, you know?

I would have to lay down about $150 if I where to buy all of these. So that's pretty cool... I hated Fantastic Beasts, but I do love me some Harry Potter. I haven't checked out how they look on UHD yet, but I'm looking forward to it. Looks like it's 4K upscale though, since it wasn't originally mastered in 4K, so we'll so how much they can get out of it...

You mean me? Kei's cousin?

'Cause it's frickin' Starman.

Morbid curiosity (and the prospect of checking out a certain girl) got the better of me. And since it's cheap, it won't be much of a loss if it turns out it sucks.

'Cause it's frickin' Groundhog Day.

When I saw it a couple years back, I liked it enough to consider it worth buying.

I would have to lay down about $150 if I where to buy all of these. So that's pretty cool... I hated Fantastic Beasts, but I do love me some Harry Potter. I haven't checked out how they look on UHD yet, but I'm looking forward to it. Looks like it's 4K upscale though, since it wasn't originally mastered in 4K, so we'll so how much they can get out of it...

You're in for a treat How'd you get them? Present?

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
HMV is closing across Canada. So I picked some films up, for a total of $25.

There were some more, but I forgot.

Suspect's Reviews

I just bought The Garment Jungle (1957). I've been on an Aldrich kick for a bit (I watch Kiss Me Deadly (1955) at least once a month and I recently rewatched The Grissom Gang (1971)). I've never seen The Garment Jungle, and heard Aldrich was fired at the end of production because he wouldn't tone down the violence. Time to see what the ruckuss is all about.