IMDB Assimilation

Tools    

Well I'll be damned! We got a real life Jessica Fletcher here!

Welcome to the human race...
I think this is what Little Devil is talking about when he says "Iroquois already attacked me once". From the "when is it okay to change race/gender" thread (with the relevant parts bolded):

I fully agree with everything you said. There's a lot of "social politics" in Hollywood. The example you just gave of Alien Covenant is really glaring.

It makes no sense whatsoever to have a gay couple as colonists. They can maybe reproduce by donating sperm to the females, but logistically it's way too cumbersome.

[to be honest, the "human vegetation" and "who planted it" made no sense whatsoever as well; again it's Prometheus level of bad writing]

Female Ghostbusters is also a glaring example of SJW catering.
As a control group? Now that I think about, the whole thing reads like one of those doomed-to-fail social experiments that Vault-Tec liked to pull in the Fallout series. I would expect nothing less of Weyland-Yutani.

As for the rest of the thread - yeah, I'm not bothered by such alterations. Adaptations have been taking liberties with their sources for a long time already so I figure it's acceptable if they try punching up for a change. I'll notice if the choices seem too contrived (with Fant4stic being a prominent example), but thinking that it's done solely to appease some SJW/PC crowd just sounds foolish at best.
That's less to do with Little Devil personally and more to do with the fact that I find this line of thinking objectionable no matter who it comes from. You could be here for one month or fifteen years and I'll still take you to task over it - just check the thread and see that multiple people (including Little Devil) try and pull the "black JFK" card even when the OP explicitly disqualified it. Little Devil never called me out on this "attack" until it came time to the "I'm blocking you forever" post referenced earlier, hence why his outburst took me by surprise. Also, again, how am I the instigator for disagreeing with a negatively-themed thread that he started? Hell, would I even have noticed that I'd been put on ignore if he hadn't gone on this whole scorched-earth tangent against me in multiple threads? For someone who claims to hate "instigators" so much, Little Devil has done more than his fair share already and then tries to make me out like I'm the pot-stirring bad guy in all this. The constant "he's NEVER coming off ignore!" thing isn't helping either and just makes him look petulant more than anything.

Still, at the end of the day I just feel sorry for Little Devil. It's clear that his time dealing with more belligerent users on the IMDb boards have turned him into an extremely defensive individual that takes any significant level of disagreement as a personal attack and has to institute this unflinching code of conduct that is ironically more likely to make him seem unreasonable than reasonable. For all I know, he could take me off ignore (if he hasn't already) but won't publicly admit to it for fear of losing face after all this controversy.

MC for the Great Underground Circus
Well, not everyone is willing to admit to personal faults.

The Irony...

Not an argument.
nah.. really?

It's not a supposition. You may argue that it is a presupposition, but whatever happened prior to the exchange I've quoted is beside the point I was making anyway. You've presented no counter-narrative that reduces to anything other than "educate yourself".
if that's wehat you take from it, then that's what you take from it.

Its just "Iroquois was [insult] before, therefor I'm entirely justified to take petty exception to this."
talking about pettiness...

Facts are facts, regardless of their source.
yeah... facts are not what you want them to be.

My "agenda" should have been clear from the start when I explained it. You've given an opinion and I'm criticizing it.
Your agenda is trying to rough my water. I couldn't give 2 cents about your opinion." Who are you?"

Well at least you think you're being nice.
I'm not the one going after you demanding explanations, am I?

See that's the third time in this post you've needlessly attempted to impugn my motives. Not a very intellectually honest approach to discussion.
You're not being honest. But your motives did come through, despite your lousy attempts at hiding them. Thank you.

That "honest and cordial" bit didn't last long.
You should try it. It pays off.

That doesn't make any sense.

i'm SUPER GOOD at Jewel karaoke
I think this is what Little Devil is talking about when he says "Iroquois already attacked me once". From the "when is it okay to change race/gender" thread (with the relevant parts bolded):

That's less to do with Little Devil personally and more to do with the fact that I find this line of thinking objectionable no matter who it comes from. You could be here for one month or fifteen years and I'll still take you to task over it - just check the thread and see that multiple people (including Little Devil) try and pull the "black JFK" card even when the OP explicitly disqualified it. Little Devil never called me out on this "attack" until it came time to the "I'm blocking you forever" post referenced earlier, hence why his outburst took me by surprise. Also, again, how am I the instigator for disagreeing with a negatively-themed thread that he started? Hell, would I even have noticed that I'd been put on ignore if he hadn't gone on this whole scorched-earth tangent against me in multiple threads? For someone who claims to hate "instigators" so much, Little Devil has done more than his fair share already and then tries to make me out like I'm the pot-stirring bad guy in all this. The constant "he's NEVER coming off ignore!" thing isn't helping either and just makes him look petulant more than anything.

Still, at the end of the day I just feel sorry for Little Devil. It's clear that his time dealing with more belligerent users on the IMDb boards have turned him into an extremely defensive individual that takes any significant level of disagreement as a personal attack and has to institute this unflinching code of conduct that is ironically more likely to make him seem unreasonable than reasonable. For all I know, he could take me off ignore (if he hasn't already) but won't publicly admit to it for fear of losing face after all this controversy.
man, if that's all it was, i'm surprised more of us aren't on ignore.

Welcome to the human race...
I know it's hard to not be able to make "worst movie ever" threads on IMDb anymore, but there's no need to take it out on the rest of us.

Just a "One Monther" that's laughing at how hooked on phonics failed you.
I think more than just hooked on phonics failed THAT guy.

Oh dear... "Oh noes I was put in Ignore... woe is me, I must whine forever now and justify my random online idiocy and subterfuge attack with self-righteousness and self patting in the back"

Good thing I did. As it shows.

I know it's hard to not be able to make "worst movie ever" threads on IMDb anymore, but there's no need to take it out on the rest of us.

So, let's see if I understand the status quo: it's OK for YOU guys to bring up IMDB but not us?

And, it's OK for YOU guys to trash one of my buddies but it's not OK for me to trash one of YOUR buddies?

Yeah...makes sense to me.

Oh dear... "Oh noes I was put in Ignore... woe is me, I must whine forever now and justify my random online idiocy and subterfuge attack with self-righteousness and self patting in the back"

Good thing I did. As it shows.
Apparently, it's only OK for MoFo's to bring up IMDB in a conversation but not us, don't you know. To add to that, Iroquios brought it up as a direct derogatory slam as well.

Yeah...don't expect us to play by your rules if you can't even adhere to them yourself, MoFo's.

So, let's see if I understand the status quo: it's OK for YOU guys to bring up IMDB but not us?

And, it's OK for YOU guys to trash one of my buddies but it's not OK for me to trash one of YOUR buddies?

Yeah...makes sense to me.
SHHH!!!!! Stop pointing out the obvious hypocrisy. You are a meanie. You are "petulant".

"woe is me..."