IMDB Assimilation

Tools    

Geez....SC and Camo are only joking it's called sarcasticism humor. Not to be confused with organismic humor Chill everyone.
Do you have any idea how difficult it is to read/interpret humor of this kind online? The problem, too, is that this type of humor allows for some people to use it to their advantage in bad ways. Case in point--this thread is chock FULL of hostility. It's far too difficult for those of us not versed in this humor to know when someone is joking and when someone isn't

Judging by the responses here, they actually seem to believe that. Wow...I mean, wow.
With their "one monthers" and "you imdb people" crap their bias is as undeniable as managements claim to not take sides.
(Leaving an insult standing while deleting the replies says it all and isn't even debatable "But.. but.. his insult adds to the convo! you being mean back was off topic!" lol)

Easy solution. let them have their little closed off clubhouse and go elsewhere. there's plenty of sites out there not populated by closed minded people That'd enjoy new posters to add to their community.
Like I said the only reason I even hop on is when I get the mail notification and I'm about to turn that off after reading this several page dissertation to BS.

Do you have any idea how difficult it is to read/interpret humor of this kind online? The problem, too, is that this type of humor allows for some people to use it to their advantage in bad ways. Case in point--this thread is chock FULL of hostility. It's far too difficult for those of us not versed in this humor to know when someone is joking and when someone isn't
That's understandable, but let your guard down. Nothing bad can happen and you might end up surprised.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Long Island iced tea - Large

I had one of those in New York while watching the olympic soccer mtch. I was jumping up and down screaming...during a replay. I dont even like soccer.

Legend in my own mind
Long Island iced tea - Large
Coming right up...

No, give yourself a chance to get used to it. I gave you a little ribbing and you could give it back to me. We're all good people here (most likely), so don't let a few posts that rub you the wrong way make you label or define somebody. You're coming in angry and you really don't have to.
This brand of humor is nothing new and nothing pedestrian to me (I use it all the time in my offline life). But online it can be difficult to read sometimes....Especially here on MoFo. Here on MoFo it's sometimes so subtle that you'd have to be an "in the know" member here to even recognize it. This isn't easy for us newcomers to get used to. Maybe we will eventually but for right now, I can barely decipher some of it.

This brand of humor is nothing new and nothing pedestrian to me (I use it all the time in my offline life). But online it can be difficult to read sometimes....Especially here on MoFo. Here on MoFo it's sometimes so subtle that you'd have to be an "in the know" member here to even recognize it. This isn't easy for us newcomers to get used to. Maybe we will eventually but for right now, I can barely decipher some of it.
Perhaps I need to write a "Movie Forums for Dummies" book for ya.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
With their "one monthers" and "you imdb people" crap their bias is as undeniable as managements claim to not take sides.
(Leaving an insult standing while deleting the replies says it all and isn't even debatable "But.. but.. his insult adds to the convo! you being mean back was off topic!" lol)

Easy solution. let them have their little closed off clubhouse and go elsewhere. there's plenty of sites out there not populated by closed minded people That'd enjoy new posters to add to their community.
Like I said the only reason I even hop on is when I get the mail notification and I'm about to turn that off after reading this several page dissertation to BS.

Hostility goes both ways, Odum. That looks like a bike in the bushes post to me. Not helping lessening the divide, mate.

I was sensitive when I first joined and could get a little jerky with my responses. I was surprised when I looked at some of my old posts. Now if someone gives me a jab, I either think nothing of it or I like it. There's no harm done and that won't change.

Guess you'll have no problem pointing out the insult i posted then? Here's the thread i've made it easy for you, with all of me and Siddons posts left in before you came barging in for no reason - https://www.movieforums.com/communit...ad.php?t=48436

Legend in my own mind

That bothers you?

No one has called me it, but if they did I wouldn't care.

A) It's true
and
B) Who bases the validity of their opinions on how long they have been on an internet forum?

As I say, I am new too and am loving my time here.

Don't let it get to you