Sad Songs Song Tournament

Tools    

ROUND 1 - DAY 7

Eric Clapton - Tears in Heaven vs. The Sundays - Life Goes On

Anthony and the Johnsons' - Hope There's Someone vs. Oasis - Stop Crying Your Heart Out
Anthony's voice is just perfect for this song.

Crowded House - Don't Dream It's Over vs. Marc And The Mambas - In My Room
Tough call, cut Crowded House just edges a bit ahead for me in the sad department.

A Great Big World, Christina Aguilera - Say Something vs. Avenged Sevenfold - Crimson Day

Noa - I Don't Know vs. Jeff Buckley - Hallelujah
That voice was and remains one of the best for me. I just wish this song was not so overplayed. I've seen it now being covered on at least half a dozen talent shows.

RadioHead - Pyramid song vs. Jeffrey Osborne ~ You Should be Mine (The Woo Woo Song) (Alternate Link for Non-U.S.)

Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds - Alone on the Rope vs. Tanya Tucker - Oh What It Did To Me
I gave this one to Noel, but I have to say I actually enjoy Tanya's voice more.

Michael Jackson - Gone too soon vs. Metallica - Fade to Black

ROUND 1 - DAY 7:

Anthony and the Johnsons' - Hope There's Someone vs. Oasis - Stop Crying Your Heart Out
Was on my list of possible noms

The Crowded House track is a nice enough number but Almond is a superb torch singer

A Great Big World, Christina Aguilera - Say Something vs. Avenged Sevenfold - Crimson Day
Lovely song I'd not heard before, great nomination

Cohen was a fantastic poet and Buckley covers this song of his really well

RadioHead - Pyramid song vs. Jeffrey Osborne ~ You Should be Mine (The Woo Woo Song)

Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds - Alone on the Rope vs. Tanya Tucker - Oh What It Did To Me

Michael Jackson - Gone too soon vs.Metallica - Fade to Black

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
We're still waiting for some people to vote in DAY 7 and some previous sets, but I'm posting DAY 8 for the people who are ready.

These are the people who haven't voted in the previous sets:

DAY 7 is still open for @Ðèstîñy, @Little Devil, @mistique and @mojofilter to vote.

DAY 6 is still open for @Ðèstîñy and @mistique to vote.

DAY 5 is still open for @mistique to vote.

DAY 4 is still open for @mistique to vote.

We'll probably skip a day or two to allow these people to catch up before moving on to Round 2.

ROUND 1 - DAY 8:

Wade Hayes - If I Wanted to Forget vs. Ben Howard- Empty Corridors

Radiohead - Morning Bell/Amnesiac vs. Christina Perri - The Lonely

Andrea Bocelli and Sarah Brightman - Time to Say Goodbye vs. Simon and Garfunkel - Sound of Silence

Puff Daddy & Faith Evans ft. 112 - I'll Be Missing You vs. The Smiths - Last Night I Dreamt That Somebody Loved Me (Alternate Link for Non-U.S.)

Sinead O'Connor - Thank You for Hearing Me vs. Collin Raye - It Could Have Been So Good

Brenda Lee - The End Of The World vs. Bob Dylan - One Too Many Mornings

A-Ha - Stay on these roads vs. Gretchen Peters - Everything Falls Away

Bright Eyes - Landlocked Blues vs. Portishead - Glory Box
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	sad-lonely.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	27.4 KB
ID:	29476  

MC for the Great Underground Circus
ROUND 1 - DAY 7:

Noa - I Don't Know vs. Jeff Buckley - Hallelujah - still prefer Leonard Cohen's original version.

RadioHead - Pyramid song vs. Jeffrey Osborne ~ You Should be Mine (The Woo Woo Song) (Alternate Link for Non-U.S.)

ROUND 1 - DAY 8:

Wade Hayes - If I Wanted to Forget vs. Ben Howard- Empty Corridors - interesting trio.

Andrea Bocelli and Sarah Brightman - Time to Say Goodbye vs. Simon and Garfunkel - Sound of Silence

Puff Daddy & Faith Evans ft. 112 - I'll Be Missing You vs. The Smiths - Last Night I Dreamt That Somebody Loved Me (Alternate Link for Non-U.S.)

Sinead O'Connor - Thank You for Hearing Me vs. Collin Raye - It Could Have Been So Good

ROUND 1 - DAY 8:

Wade Hayes - If I Wanted to Forget vs. Ben Howard- Empty Corridors I like the other song too, but Empty Corridors is good, I like the lyrics and the bongos on it!

Andrea Bocelli and Sarah Brightman - Time to Say Goodbye vs. Simon and Garfunkel - Sound of Silence I love Sound of Silence, and the other one is a little overwrought for my taste

Puff Daddy & Faith Evans ft. 112 - I'll Be Missing You vs. The Smiths - Last Night I Dreamt That Somebody Loved Me (Alternate Link for Non-U.S.) Neither of the Smiths links worked for me but I did listen to another link. I like I'll Be Missing YOu More tho

Brenda Lee - The End Of The World vs. Bob Dylan - One Too Many Mornings - oh come on really a terrible decision to have to make! I love Brenda Lee's voice and this song is so sad, but it's against the real Dylan and some lyrics that mean a lot to me. Sorry Brenda, but you'll prob win anyway

A-Ha - Stay on these roads vs. Gretchen Peters - Everything Falls Away No contest, I love Gretchen Peters voice

Bright Eyes - Landlocked Blues vs. Portishead - Glory Box Damn! another difficult choice. I'm going with Landlocked Blues, because it's fresh to me. Glory is a classic, but I like Landlocked Blues simplicity, it sounds like it's recorded in his front room and I've just read that the female singer is Emmylou Harris, nice

ROUND 1 - DAY 4:

Three Days Grace - Over and Over vs. Skylar Grey - Invisible

Elton John - Sorry Seems To Be The Hardest Word vs. Dolly Parton - Jolene

Bob Dylan - Knocking on Heaven's Door vs. Edith Piaf - Non, Je ne regrette rien

The Suede - The Wild Ones vs. Elton John - Candle in the Wind

Tool - Wings for Mary 1 vs. Imagine Dragons - Demons

Devil Doll - It Was Raining vs. Pink Floyd - Don't Leave Me Now
I've never heard of Devil Doll before. I like the song.

Michael Jackson - Will You Be There vs. Bullet For My Valentine - Bittersweet Memories

Obi - Plague On This House vs. Billie Holiday - Gloomy Sunday

ROUND 1 - DAY 5:

The Sundays - Wild Horses vs. The Righteous Brothers - You've Lost That Loving Feeling

Chicago ~ Wishing You Were Here vs. James Brown - Mama's Dead

Amália Rodrigues - Fado Português vs. George Strait - So Much Like My Dad

Katie Melua - The One I Love Is Gone vs. Tool - Schism

Bruce Springsteen - My Fathers House vs. Radiohead - House of Cards

Swans - No Cure For The Lonely vs. Johnny Cash - I Don't Hurt Any More

The House Of Love - Loneliness Is A Gun vs. Oasis - Cast No Shadow

U2 - Sometimes You Can't Make It on Your Own vs. Pat Benatar ~ Hell is for Children

Legend in my own mind

ROUND 1 - DAY 8:

Radiohead - Morning Bell/Amnesiac vs. Christina Perri - The Lonely i would say the guys voice turned me off

Andrea Bocelli and Sarah Brightman - Time to Say Goodbye vs. Simon and Garfunkel - Sound of Silence Bocelli and Brightman are brilliant however didnt hit me as it supposed to, it was more festive other than sad

Puff Daddy & Faith Evans ft. 112 - I'll Be Missing You vs. The Smiths - Last Night I Dreamt That Somebody Loved Me (Alternate Link for Non-U.S.) none of the links worked for me so of course i went ahead and look it up myself and it was better than Puff&Faith

A-Ha - Stay on these roads vs. Gretchen Peters - Everything Falls Away i love 80s however Peters is powerful

Attachments

Thank you so much for your noms, i really enjoyed all of them!

Never thought I'd be delighted to see an episode of Midsomer Murders on telly - I can have a lie-in in the morning now .... yay me!

ROUND 1 - DAY 8:

Radiohead - Morning Bell/Amnesiac vs.Christina Perri - The Lonely

Love them both, shame one will have to depart at this early stage

Puff Daddy & Faith Evans ft. 112 - I'll Be Missing You vs. The Smiths - Last Night I Dreamt That Somebody Loved Me
As others have stated both given links are unusable - I used this link for Morrissey & Co

Love both again but I'm first and foremost a ladies man - chin up Bob - it's not the end of the world mate

Presumed I'd vote for Beth & co as Bright Eyes has flown under my radar up 'til now, not so though and a quick check on t'interweb sees the album with this track on now winging it's way to me - thanks whomever nommed it!

Presumed I'd vote for Beth & co as Bright Eyes has flown under my radar up 'til now, not so though and a quick check on t'interweb sees the album with this track on now winging it's way to me - thanks whomever nommed it!
Dat me! Actually I only just discovered him, but fell in love easily

Puff Daddy & Faith Evans ft. 112 - I'll Be Missing You vs. The Smiths - Last Night I Dreamt That Somebody Loved Me (Alternate Link for Non-U.S.) Neither of the Smiths links worked for me but I did listen to another link. I like I'll Be Missing YOu More tho
Puff Daddy & Faith Evans ft. 112 - I'll Be Missing You vs. The Smiths - Last Night I Dreamt That Somebody Loved Me (Alternate Link for Non-U.S.) none of the links worked for me so of course i went ahead and look it up myself and it was better than Puff&Faith

Puff Daddy & Faith Evans ft. 112 - I'll Be Missing You vs. The Smiths - Last Night I Dreamt That Somebody Loved Me
As others have stated both given links are unusable - I used this link for Morrissey & Co

Thank You for pointing out the broken link. (It worked while we were still posting nominations, so YouTube must have pulled it for some reason.)

I changed the alternate link to the link that Chypmunk posted.

ROUND 1 - DAY 8

This one definitely took me by surprise. I thought for sure I would choose Radiohead, but Christina turned out to be the one I went with.

ROUND 1 - DAY 8:

Dat me! Actually I only just discovered him, but fell in love easily
Aha .... hope the rest of the album is up to snuff .... it was available for buttons so I blind-bought it. Deed's done now so no point investigating it until it arrives but I might investigate his Cassadaga album today as that was up there for buttons too

Again, thanks for the heads-up by way of nominating

Now if only I could get the cats to understand that there was absolutely no need for me to be up at 5:30 this morning

ROUND 1 - DAY 7:

ROUND 1 - DAY 6:

System of a Down - Roulette vs. Lady Gaga - Million Reasons

Ray Charles - A Song For You vs. Ricky Van Shelton - I Meant Every Word He Said

Jeff Buckley - I Know It's Over vs. The Beatles - Yesterday

Lady Antebellum - Need You Now vs. Smokey Robinson and the Miracles - Tears of a Clown

B.B King - Worried Dream vs. Tim McGraw - Can't Be Really Gone

The Commodores ~ Still vs. The Amity Affliction - All ****ed Up

R.E.M, - Everybody Hurts vs. John Lennon - Mother

Bee Gees ~ Tragedy vs. Aretha Franklin – “Ain’t No Way”