The Walking Dead: Season 7

Tools    

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Yea good point El Capitano, ammo will quickly run dry too as I'm sure its being used to waste 299 million zombie's.

Hopefully this show just ends soon, I've come to dislike it but am invested so just want a conclusion.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
I thought all americans knew how to make ammo? Getting cracking, Cap, incase of an apocalypse.

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
You can maybe argue about low chances of finding "mass" sources of firearms, BUT the US has around 1 gun per person today (300+ million), so lets say that the Zombie Apoc drastically reduces the population of the US to perhaps somewhere sub 1 million, so now you have these 1 million survivors or less running around with 300 million firearms to be found and used. Obviously most of these 300 million will be small guns, handguns for example or hunting rifles but there are still loads of automatic weapons around, even if its say 25 automatic rifles per 1 survivor that's still plenty.

Eh, finding "mass" sources of firearms is all my argument was about. I'm not denying the existence of the number of guns in America; I am only suggesting that the larger stashes would have already been looted. At this point in the series' timeline, I would think the best bet would be to go door to do checking closets and nooks for the individual hoarder or for family guns still propped against the mattress next to the bodies of those that could no longer cope. Sporting goods stores, Walmart, military salvage and surplus depots, police and local military installations would most likely be ransacked on day one by staffed personnel and/or locals with the foresight to seek them out.

I believe those numbers would have been thinned out, scattered, and carried off by whoever could carry whatever they could. A few people could load a few in shoulder bags and move on. Sooner or later though, that group will thin. The remaining survivors can only carry so many while on the run, assuming their home or fortification was infiltrated. A few guns would inevitably get left behind during each encounter. And so on and on, until there is no one left. In that scenario, you might find a few guns here. Then 2 more there. Oh, a body a mile away has two more on him...

Then there are groups that are actively seeking these weapons like Rick's group, the Saviors, the Hilltop crew, and the new Yoda Mutes. Competition is pretty high, especially considering Negan's form of motivation. In the case of Rick and Michonne traveling well beyond their territory and stumbling upon more weapons, I just find it odd to assume that there aren't other groups unknown to us in that new area that aren't already doing the same thing. Or that they are unaware of their own local stash potentials. "Hey. 'member ole' Jimbo on the hill? Yeah, I herd stories he dun thawt Ruskies were gunna en-vade. He set 'emself up with a bunker! Right thar' in 'is own back yard! I bet anything we gone' fine sum guns thar! Les' GET, boys!!!" It's ok. I'm from Alabama. which, oddly enough, reminds me of a joke:

*eh-hem*
C M ducks?
M R not ducks!
O S A R ducks!!!
L I B...
M R ducks.

thank you thank you. I'll be here all week.
(see. the trick there is to read it out loud, literally. In a slow and southern accent.)

Hey. It's a television show. I'm arguing silly things. But it is these type of things that can get under my skin when the show is a good idea, yet these details are seemingly not considered. Maybe they were and it wasn't worth the effort. Cool. In and of itself, this isn't really a big deal at all. I think it's this compounded with other knit-picky little details over time that weigh it down. At least for me.

YMMV.
hugs all the same.

OMG OMG OMG I feel like I'm back on imdb, Odum You'll give me nightmares.

I have made it quite clear what I think of the show and how I watch it. With my eyes closed is my usual response. I;m just here for spoilers so I dont have to watch it at all until Negan does something interesting.

And I cant tolerate Carol. If you love the character, that's great.
Well if you're going to hate on the show how about picking something valid, saying Carol went from weepy to psychopath like a lightswitch was thrown is 100% false.

Over the course of several seasons she's gone from abused wife to fierce protector of her new adoptive family after losing her original family due in no small part to her weakness. the change was gradual.

Here's a meme I love...

Because at the rate she's going, she'll either be dead or riding a robotic T-Rex by season 11.

Carol is a badass.

I dont hate on the show at all. Hate is a wasted energy in my world. I reserve that for poisonous spiders and venomous snakes in my backyard. As I;ve said a trillion times, I disconnected from the characters. I cant help that. No need to take it personally. I had to laugh at your comment that she's the best character since Heisenberg, though. loooooooooooooooooooooooooool. Are you punching for a fight over a tv show? No way does the writing in this compare to Gilligan and Gould. It's not a patch on the characterisation and relationship dynmics in BB or BCS, but if you disagree, that's cool. I;m not going to be faux offended.

Now would you like a cookie?

I have to go to the shops, Odum. Dont start a punch up without me. Back soooooon.

Is Maggie still up the duff?

I thought all americans knew how to make ammo? Getting cracking, Cap, incase of an apocalypse.
You've seen too many westerns!
(It's like how I think all Aussies dress in khakis and wear those safari hats with one side turned upwards as they chaw on Vegemite while walking their pet crocodile to the nearest shrimp barbeque with a mug of Fosters in one hand and a big knife in the other!)

I don't even own a gun. I have a compound bow out in the shed (for archery not hunting) but lost all the arrows a long time ago - again, ammo is the key.

The real issue would be ammo. A scavenger might grab as many guns as they can carry that they find in a house that belonged to a hunter or gun enthusiast, but they'll probably take all the ammo they can carry that goes with them. You may come upon the same house and say "jackpot - a gun collector's house!" but come to find all the ammo for the guns that are left is gone.

And a gun may last for decades, but ammo is non-renewable and, unless you're Eugene, most people don't know how to make bullets (I know I don't).

Finding ammo could be difficult too - you may have a guns, but if you can't find the right ammo for them (maybe somebody took all those size bullets from a gun shop already), they're useless.
Reloading shells isn't exactly rocket science, anyone could read a book on it and get to work.

All the material is out there, and there's warehouses full of supplies that most people wouldn't bother looting. like most gun stores might have been picked clean, but when carrying stuff is an issue, most people wouldn't opt to lug around a 20 pound can of gunpowder. and plenty of gun owners already have a home set up for reloading their own shells.

Casings would be pretty much all over any decent sized engagement site, it's easy to cast a new bullet from lead, worst case scenario they need to read up on what goes into gunpowder and make their own. ammo really wouldn't be an issue.

You've seen to many westerns!
(It's like how I think all Aussies dress in khakis and wear those safari hats with one side turned upwards as chaw on Vegemite while walking their pet crocodile to the nearest shrimp barbeque with a mug of Fosters in one hand and a big knife in the other!)

I don't even own a gun. I have a compound bow out in the shed (for archery not hunting) but lost all the arrows a long time ago - again, ammo is the key.
How very dare you. We make ourselves feel at home and chug beer straight from the bottle while sucking on a ciggy and singing waltzing matilda. All the rest is correct.

I dont hate on the show at all. Hate is a wasted energy in my world. I reserve that for poisonous spiders and venomous snakes in my backyard. As I;ve said a trillion times, I disconnected from the characters. I cant help that. No need to take it personally. I had to laugh at your comment that she's the best character since Heisenberg, though. loooooooooooooooooooooooooool. Are you punching for a fight over a tv show? No way does the writing in this compare to Gilligan and Gould. It's not a patch on the characterisation and relationship dynmics in BB or BCS, but if you disagree, that's cool. I;m not going to be faux offended.

Now would you like a cookie?
Ahh but I didn't say she was the best character since Heisenberg, or even compare the writing.. I said she has one of the best character arcs since Heisnberg. that isn't even close to the same thing.

Heisenberg went from cowed little school teacher to complete bad ass over the course of several seasons. Carol went from cowed abused wife to complete badass over the course of several seasons.

See the difference? it's the course the character has taken with their screentime, not comparing the writing.

Hey you started without me. I said dont do that. Hold that thought and I'll be back in 15 or so.

Just finished this last weeks episode, did-like.

Welcome back Carol, theres alot of Savior ass about to die.

Absolutely stunned by Morgans meltdown, jaw dropper

Looking forward to the gang all getting back together

Bummed cause I realize the actual "war" will probably start next season

As for this weeks episode.

Meh!

Enough with the melodrama already. This is supposed to be 1 or 2 years into a zombie holocaust, and all romantic notions of heroism should be dead. Abraham must have been eyerolling and facepamling in heaven after watching his ex-gfs display.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
I think Sasha is on a new show.

Buh-bye.

Suspect's Reviews

The Adventure Starts Here!
I think Sasha is on a new show.

Buh-bye.
Yup, she's in pre-production on a new series, Star Trek: Discovery, where she will play Lt. Commander Rainsford. She's listed as the third star on the series, behind Jason Isaacs and Doug Jones. Creator is Bryan Fuller (!!).

Sounds like a big role. Buh-bye would not be out of the question at this point.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2792296/?ref_=tt_cl_t8