Recast your favorite movies

Tools    

This might just do nobody any good.
Surely Philip Baker Hall as The Wolf?
Arg, you're right. Okay. I'll switch PHS' ghost to Koons and DDL as maximum method acting overdrive to Buddy Holly.

Fight Club (2014)

Directed by David Fincher
Colin Farrell as The Narrator
Christian Bale as Tyler Durden
Rooney Mara as Marla Singer
Jake Gyllenhaal as Angel Face
John Goodman as Bob

I'd go with Gyllenhaal as The Narrator.

Mara is pretty perfect. Michael Pitt as Tyler.

Pulp Fiction (2017) (UK Version)
Directed by
Martin McDonagh

Colin Farrell as Vincent Vega

Idris Elba as Jules Winnfield

Emily Blunt as Mia Wallace

Sam Worthington as Butch Coolidge (As an Australian)

Ian McShane as Winston Wolfe

Ralph Fiennes as Marsellus Wallace

Ricky Gervias as Jimmie

Russell Brand as Lance

Liam Neeson as Captain Koons

and...

Quentin Tarantino's Boogie Nights (1997)

Leonardo DiCaprio as Dirk Diggler
Robert Forster as Jack Horner
Pam Grier as Amber Waves
Samuel L. Jackson as Buck Swope
Chris Penn as Reed Rothchild
Bridget Fonda as Rollergirl
Steve Buscemi as "Little" Bill Thompson
Sid Haig as The Colonel James
Harvey Keitel as Floyd Gondolli
Michael Madsen as Todd Parker
and David Carradine as as Rahad Jackson

I think Christian Slater would of been Dirk Diggler in Quentin Tarentino's version.

In Chicago (2008) (US Version of In Bruges)
Directed by Shane Black

Edward Norton as Ray

John Goodman as Ken Daley

Sam L. Jackson as Harry Waters

Uma Thurman as Chloe Villette

Peter Dinklage as Jimmy

Black Mass (2002)
Directed by
Ridley Scott

Based on the 2001 book Black Mass

Edward Norton as James "Whitey" Bulgar

Russell Crowe as John Connolly

Nicolas Cage as William "Billy" Bulgar

Tom Cruise as Charles McGuire

Mark Wahlberg as Kevin Weeks

Giovanni Ribisi as Robert Fitzpatrick

I think Christian Slater would of been Dirk Diggler in Quentin Tarentino's version.
I liked the symmetry of Leo actually turning down the role while also being a Tarantino alum.

Welcome to the human race...
The all female Ghostbusters stunk, mostly for being an unfunny comedy, the Thing remake didn't work because they tried to shoe-horn in a romance and the lead was like 19 years old.

Thus I present an All-Female Thing

Macready - Katee Sakoff (Oculus, Battlestar Gallactica)
Childs - Noomi Rapace (Prometheus, Girl with the Dragon Tattoo)
Blair - Sigourey Weaver (Ghostbusters, Copycat)
Garry - Helen Mirren (Caligula)
Palmer - Meg Tilly (Body Snatchers, Psycho II)
Cooper - Kathy Bates (Misery, Dolores Claiborne)
Clark - Vera Farmiga (Bates Motel)

Bennings - Jodie Foster (SIlence of the Lambs)
Nauls - Gabourey Sidobe (American Horror Story:Coven)
Norris- Lena Dunham (my nightmares)
Windows - Tessa Farmiga (American Horror Story:Murder House)
Fuchs - Sean Young (Blade Runner)
why would you make Childs white

Anyway, I already tried doing the all-female Thing remake but for 1982. Observe:

Here's my all-female recast of The Thing (dedicated to The Rodent, of course):

Mac - Adrienne Barbeau
Blair - Bea Arthur
Nauls - Lynne Thigpen
Palmer - P.J. Soles
Childs - Pam Grier
Copper - Betty White
Norris - Shelley Duvall
Bennings - Beatrice Straight
Clark - Joanna Cassidy
Garry - Janet Leigh
Fuchs - Jane Alexander
Windows - Deborah Van Valkenburgh

why would you make Childs white

Anyway, I already tried doing the all-female Thing remake but for 1982. Observe:
Well it was color blind casting but...

Because Childs is a hot head and it's time to move away from the "angry black man" to the "angry black woman".

I'd much rather have Starbuck vs The Girl with the Dragon Tattooo

Black iconic females from horror films is fairly scant and I choose actresses that are a.) alive b.) realistically working

I'd go with Gyllenhaal as The Narrator.
I was thinking that initially but because Bale was my first choice as Tyler I wanted someone closer in age to him to play The Narrator

Well it was color blind casting but...

Because Childs is a hot head and it's time to move away from the "angry black man" to the "angry black woman".

I'd much rather have Starbuck vs The Girl with the Dragon Tattooo

Black iconic females from horror films is fairly scant and I choose actresses that are a.) alive b.) realistically working
So your colour-blind casting results in you picking less non-white people than were in the original film and your idea of moving from "angry black man" to "angry black woman" leads to casting a non-black woman? As for your criteria being "alive" and "realistically working", there are still plenty of black actresses working today who could fit the bill (Samira Wiley would be my first pick). It's not like Keith David had ever been in a horror movie before The Thing either, so it's not like you can really claim that there aren't enough iconic black women in horror - it can only take one appearance to make an iconic character.

Still, it's your list. I just figure these considerations are worthwhile - I know I had to do a little research for that list I made (mainly for the older characters), but that was worth it. Now I can't help but imagine that if one person could be a better Childs than Keith David, it'd be Pam Grier.

So your colour-blind casting results in you picking less non-white people than were in the original film and your idea of moving from "angry black man" to "angry black woman" leads to casting a non-black woman? As for your criteria being "alive" and "realistically working", there are still plenty of black actresses working today who could fit the bill (Samira Wiley would be my first pick). It's not like Keith David had ever been in a horror movie before The Thing either, so it's not like you can really claim that there aren't enough iconic black women in horror - it can only take one appearance to make an iconic character.

Still, it's your list. I just figure these considerations are worthwhile - I know I had to do a little research for that list I made (mainly for the older characters), but that was worth it. Now I can't help but imagine that if one person could be a better Childs than Keith David, it'd be Pam Grier.
Uhuh....question when you say "non-white" you really mean black correct. That's why you decided to strip two of the biracial actresses I cast of their ethnicity. When I put together my list I focused on quality actresses which is why seven of them have Oscar nominations. Now could I have picked some random actress from a Netflix series...sure but that would sell out my ideals of taking actresses who've done fantastic work in the horror genre and putting them together for one.

Pam Grier is 67 years old, way to old to play a physical rival of Macready.

“I was cured, all right!”
Batman & Robin

Director: George Clooney

Batman: George Clooney
Robin: Jim Carrey
Poison Ivy: Sasha Grey
Batgirl: Asa Akira
Mr. Freeze: Sylvester Stallone
Alfred Pennyworth: Jack Skellington

Uhuh....question when you say "non-white" you really mean black correct. That's why you decided to strip two of the biracial actresses I cast of their ethnicity. When I put together my list I focused on quality actresses which is why seven of them have Oscar nominations. Now could I have picked some random actress from a Netflix series...sure but that would sell out my ideals of taking actresses who've done fantastic work in the horror genre and putting them together for one.

Pam Grier is 67 years old, way to old to play a physical rival of Macready.
That wasn't a deliberate decision so much as an honest mistake that would be easy to make when I don't happen to know the exact ethnic background of every single white-passing person on your list. I mean, you could have just told me who exactly you were talking about when you mentioned biracial actresses but this way I have to be the one who checks every single one to confirm that. If I'm "stripping" them of their ethnicities, then you're stripping them of their identities as individuals just to prove me wrong on a technicality.

Also, no kidding that Pam Grier is too old to play Childs now. I thought this was clear from a) the fact that my list was a 1982 one and b) the fact that I suggested the considerably younger Samira Wiley for the part instead.

I was gonna say Danai Gurira as Childs but I guess Wiley fits better (I've only ever glanced at OitNB).

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
David Fincher's "My Dinner With Andre"

Jim Carrey as Wally

Mike Myers as Andre

Brad Pitt as Waiter

Rooney Mara as Bartender

Suspect's Reviews

MC for the Great Underground Circus
Anthony Hopkins as Ash in Alien