Movies You Anticipated To Be Good That Turned Out To Be Disappointing

Tools    

MY 3 Are

Matrix Revolutions
X Men 2
Matrix Reloaded

I cant think of anymore right now so you guys help me out here

you were disapointed with X2. wow i thought it was great and better than the original. w/e you have your opinion.

i was disapointed in
1)halloween ressurection (it just plain sucked)
2)friday after next (even tough i did laugh at some parts it didnt even come close to living up to the first)
3)jackie brown ( i did enjoy this movie i just think Tarantino could have done better)

i will think of more

I thought Cabin Fever was gonna be great, but turned out to just be average.

I thought Matrix Reloaded was gonna be better than the first, I was very, very wrong.

And although I did like Jackie Brown, I thought it was gonna be like Reservoir Dogs and Pulp Fiction. Turned out to be just a good crime movie.

Fifty first dates would be good, since I love DrewBarrymore and Adam Chandler, the movie was extremely boring and not enough humour content.

ColdCreekManorseemed like it would be creepy instead it was hardly a tingle on my spine. Boring.

Originally Posted by CrazyforMovies
Fifty first dates would be good, since I love DrewBarrymore and Adam Chandler, the movie was extremely boring and not enough humour content.
I don't think Adam Chandler was in that movie.

In the Beginning...
The Royal Tenenbaums - Incredible cast with no depth or quality, save for Gene Hackman. I understood the point of it, but it made the film absolutely impossible to watch.

The Matrix Reloaded - Convoluted rhetoric was used to hide the fact that this sequel had no plot. Great action sequences (for the most part), but the dry acting and lack of story killed it. Didn't see the last one.

Frailty - This one was a mess. It had a nice "What's going on?" feel, but it came off pretty corny at some points ("Don't cry for him, son...he's a demon"). I was expecting it to be spooky as well, but no dice. It felt like I was just sitting there waiting to be told what was really going on (to justify paying to see it), because the plot was constructed too poorly for me to figure it out. I must admit, I still didn't care even after the credits rolled.

Lets put a smile on that block
Cabin Fever was immensly dissapointing for me and anyone who enjoyed it must been loony.

also...Big Fish dissapointed me. i was expecting so much more but everytime i watch it hoping i will grasp what i am looking for in a burton film, i am dissapointed. such a shame.

In the Beginning...
Secondhand Lions also disappointed me a little. It had the heart, but where it was coming from, I don't know. Although, Michael Caine and Bob Duvall were fantastic, as always.

Mrs. BDT to y'all
Kill Bill

Kill Bill Volume 1
Coen Films after The Man Who Wasn't There

In the Beginning...
Originally Posted by Philmster
Coen Films after The Man Who Wasn't There
You know, I want to like The Ladykillers. I really do. I know there has to be some hidden story it's telling here, but I just can't figure out what it is.

I thought Cabin Fever was great.
"PANCAKES!!!!"
"NO KID NO PANCAKES!!"

Matrix Reloaded
Van Helsing

Texas Chainsaw Massacre (2003)
The Ring (2002)

Originally Posted by Parky
I don't think Adam Chandler was in that movie.
I don't think so either it was his other twin, Adam Sandler who was .

I'm a naughtly little S**T
Dare Devil

It was an ok movie but not as good as what I thought it would be.

A few recent ones...

Troy- I thought this would be a great epic judging from the trailer. Although it was good movie, I was dissappointed.

Van Helsing- Looked like a great adventure, but was a huge dissappointment for me.

The Matrix Sequels- Thought second one would be good, but turned out to be a bomb.

The Terminal- The Terminal was dissappointing for a Steven Speilberg movie.

The Punisher- I knew it would be just an average movie from the trailer, but they could have made it so much better.

The Hulk- Again, could have been a lot better.

More to come..

Originally Posted by MichaelMyers
you were disapointed with X2. wow i thought it was great and better than the original. w/e you have your opinion.

i was disapointed in
1)halloween ressurection (it just plain sucked)
2)friday after next (even tough i did laugh at some parts it didnt even come close to living up to the first)
3)jackie brown ( i did enjoy this movie i just think Tarantino could have done better)

i will think of more

i liked x2 dont get me wrong but i was expecting more out of it