Have you seen pigeons in movies?

Tools    

A Beautiful Mind

I'm collecting pigeon appearances in movies for the Pigeon Movie Database. We need any movie from any year with at least one pigeon appearance (pigeon flocks are welcome as well).

Thanks!

One of my guilty pleasure movies has HUNDREDS of them....The Core.

Looks like I found the mysterious Pigeon Movie Database.

The Pigeon Movie Database
This is amazing

After this long break I have resumed the blog activities. 2013 was a challenging year for me: the first squab in the family arrived and we moved to a new nest. Both things demanded plenty of time. On top of that my job was pretty intensive too. All these factors left me without any time to dedicate to this blog. Now I have more spare time and my plan is to continue working on the blog. Maybe with less intensity than I would have liked, but contributing as often as I can.

I love that someone said they were starting a Pigeon Movie Database and everyone just started helping them, and literally nobody asked why.
It's what we do Yoda, you should know that

Mary Poppins

"""" Hulk Smashhhh."""
King Kong, Predators, The Pianist...

Oh s*** sorry. It's Adrien Brody.

"Banshee is the greatest thing ever. "

I'm collecting pigeon appearances in movies for the Pigeon Movie Database. We need any movie from any year with at least one pigeon appearance (pigeon flocks are welcome as well).

Thanks!
Probably every John Woo film ever made.

Sorry about the delay. Thank you for all the feedback. Some movies were already posted or are in my pending pigeon-movie list. However, I did not know many of them.

I hope to write a post about then in the future!

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Sorry about the delay. Thank you for all the feedback. Some movies were already posted or are in my pending pigeon-movie list. However, I did not know many of them.

I hope to write a post about then in the future!

Can I get some background history to this whole thing?

Pigeons came and demanded they be acknowledged for their acting efforts in cinema. Nothing new.

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
Sherlock Holmes; Game of Shadows has 'em

This might just do nobody any good.
*art snob voice*

No ones mentioned Michael Haneke's Amour?

Here there is some background taken from the blog:

Once upon a time I didn't care for pigeons... but everything changed when I moved to a new apartment where my desk faced a window overlooking a roof densely populated by these feathered creatures. During my breaks I would look at them.... it was like Rear Window but with pigeons instead of Grace Kelly. After several months of observation I developed a skill: I notice pigeons. I'm not sure if it's a particularly useful skill, but the point is that after developing this ability, I began to notice a huge amount of pigeons appearing in movies.

Now I'm aware that pigeons are frequently used in cinema. Usually they are relegated to a mere secondary interpreter but sometimes they perform stunning performances. This is the motivation for creating this Blog.

I think that this blog has two aims: the first to provide a summary about pigeon appearances in movies and series and an analysis of why they are used. The second aim is to claim the inclusion of pigeons in movie credits. Nowadays, the use of uncredited animals in movies that produce profits of millions of dollars should be unthinkable. In some movies, dogs or other big mammals are credited but I think that it ought to be extended to other kinds of animals... like pigeons.