President Trump

Tools    

fair enough! you do understand why it's kind eye roll inducing to bring up Hilary at this point, though, right? i'm starting to wonder if people are going to have to keep 'defending' her for the next 4 to 8 years... and she's kinda irrelevant now, so... time waster.
I hear you but it is becoming more and more apparent that people are much more worried about personality and which side of the fence you shout from. Don't mistake me for only talking about the left here. I'm more pissed off at the right than ayone this last election. We had a chance to get real conservative values in the bug chair and we kicked all our values to the curb for the mouth of the south...or northeast.

yeah, like Yoda and... that other dude... Kaplan? were talking about, it's really concerning to me that Trump's EPA Chief came out saying carbon dioxide is "not a contributing factor" to global warming. it really feels like if Trump can't make money off of it in some way, he's not interested in the cause behind it. it's gross, and really scary. i wish more people were concerned about it.
I hear you hear too. Like I said though I would be much more concerned about the technological advancements in clean energy. Change will come when it's affordable. That's how our economy works and the proof is able to be verified everywhere you look.

So, Sean, we should just sit by quietly and let Trump do whatever he wants without even having an opinion on the subject? Whatever Hillary has done, Trump's got her beat a hundred times over. And Hillary is irrelevant now, but had Hillary won the election I never would have dreamed of telling someone they can't criticize her because Trump was so much worse. I either would have defended her if she deserved defending or let others voice their opinion. I listened to a whole lot of crap for eight years and now those same people are excusing everything Trump does, even though it's becoming more clear he's going to harm a lot of things I care about (i.e. the environment) and even though his campaign very well may have colluded with Russia at some level.

My point of view is if someone can defend Trump, go for it, But Hillary is not a defense of Trump.

So, Sean, we should just sit by quietly and let Trump do whatever he wants without even having an opinion on the subject? Whatever Hillary has done, Trump's got her beat a hundred times over. And Hillary is irrelevant now, but had Hillary won the election I never would have dreamed of telling someone they can't criticize her because Trump was so much worse. I either would have defended her if she deserved defending or let others voice their opinion. I listened to a whole lot of crap for eight years and now those same people are excusing everything Trump does, even though it's becoming more clear he's going to harm a lot of things I care about (i.e. the environment) and even though his campaign very well may have colluded with Russia at some level.

My point of view is if someone can defend Trump, go for it, But Hillary is not a defense of Trump.
To me it is if you were kicking these high ideals to the curb to vote for her. Hard for me to believe that as Secretary Of State she had business dealings with foreign countries but it was still fine to vote for her as president. Meanwhile we should impeach Trump for the his business dealings, dealings that there is far less proof of. I don't like it either. To me it is exactly the kind of back pocket politics he has been railing against. The irony of this kind of rhetoric is never going to be lost on me. Sorry if that bothers you guys but I don't think we are going to get better canidates until we are better at voting for our ideals. To me all signs point to we vote for the personality that we like that calls itself democrat or republican.

To me it is if you were kicking these high ideals to the curb to vote for her. Hard for me to believe that as Secretary Of State she had business dealings with foreign countries but it was still fine to vote for her as president. Meanwhile we should impeach Trump for the his business dealings, dealings that there is far less proof of. I don't like it either. To me it is exactly the kind of back pocket politics he has been railing against. The irony of this kind of rhetoric is never going to be lost on me. Sorry if that bothers you guys but I don't think we are going to get better canidates until we are better at voting for our ideals. To me all signs point to we vote for the personality that we like that calls itself democrat or republican.
I haven't defended Hillary except a couple times when I feel people were just being ridiculous. I did vote for her because Trump was far worse and she is competent. I'd considered for a long time not voting this time, but in the end I voted against Trump. What was I supposed to do? I feel like you've made a personal attack in that I have no ideals or that they mean nothing because I was forced to choose between two flawed candidates, or else not vote, or else vote for a flawed third-party.

Have I at any time mentioned impeaching Trump? And as for his business dealings, I'm not sure what proof you want of what dealings. A conflict of interest is a conflict of interest regardless of what decisions are being made simply because no one, including the person making the decisions, can know how the conflict of interest is affecting the decision.

But let me ask you, Sean, should we not say anything? Should we not have opinions? Should we not point out the crazy stuff happening in the world? Please let me know.

I haven't defended Hillary except a couple times when I feel people were just being ridiculous. I did vote for her because Trump was far worse and she is competent. I'd considered for a long time not voting this time, but in the end I voted against Trump. What was I supposed to do? I feel like you've made a personal attack in that I have no ideals or that they mean nothing because I was forced to choose between two flawed candidates, or else not vote, or else vote for a flawed third-party.

Have I at any time mentioned impeaching Trump? And as for his business dealings, I'm not sure what proof you want of what dealings. A conflict of interest is a conflict of interest regardless of what decisions are being made simply because no one, including the person making the decisions, can know how the conflict of interest is affecting the decision.

But let me ask you, Sean, should we not say anything? Should we not have opinions? Should we not point out the crazy stuff happening in the world? Please let me know.
Trust me when I say that when I talk about abandoning your ideals to vote for a candidate I am way more frustrated with the right than anyone else. I do think it's important that we stop making such a huge deal out of certain issues in one party and totally ignore them coming from the politicians on our side. Obviously we will never find a candidate that fits 100% of our ideals but where I get frustrated is when we excuse them in one and act as if they are life changing in the other. Maybe you haven't called to impeach Trump, but that is the chatter I am hearing. That's two polar extremes that I can't ignore.

Obviously keep having opinions but don't be shocked when I have them too. I will admit that a lot of my frustration these days revolves around rhetoric. Probably more than the specific policies of any one politician.

I'm just tired of hearing the sky is falling. I was sick of it the last eight years. I was sick of it the eight years before that. I'm sick of it already this year.

I will try to keep my questions more specific to what you guys are talking about instead of what I am hearing on the news and social media.

Originally Posted by Friendly Mushroom!
And that matters because?
Originally Posted by Dani8
Is that a problem?
Originally Posted by dteam6
Why do you care how long she's been here?
Context:

Originally Posted by Dani8
Maybe because Mofos dont just talk about movies. They also talk about...you know....things happening in the world.
I'm sorry that the point of questioning someone's experience with a subject when they condescend to point out the obvious to someone who's been around over 10 times as long is lost on you.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Just scratching my head. Is it the weekend for faux offence...

Meanwhile, back at the ranch. Looks like this isnt going away any time soon

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-03-1...-claim/8347766

Context:

I'm sorry that the point of questioning someone's experience with a subject when they condescend to point out the obvious to someone who's been around over 10 times as long is lost on you.
Thank you for pointing out and confirming one more time that you, indeed, overreacted.

Context:

A thought that is NOT lost on me is the fact that three or more people share my sentiment of not liking what you had to say initially. THAT is a thought that isn't lost on me.

Is this guy for real? He's such a petulant child playing pots and kettles.

edit. trying again

http://www.news.com.au/finance/work/...f8f3e67cce6865

The first linky had his tweet telling off the media for being rude to Conway which is wht my pots and kettles comment was referring to.

Is this guy for real? He's such a petulant child playing pots and kettles.

edit. trying again

http://www.news.com.au/finance/work/...f8f3e67cce6865
While there are a number of conspiracy theories (not Trump's, mind you) in life that I believe could be true, I would never subscribe to any of the ones Trump is tossing around. That man is paranoid about EVERYTHING. EVERYTHING.

And, I must return to my earlier example--a president is supposed to set an example and THIS is what he's laying out for the country to witness. And what's happened? Many of his supporters are just taking and accepting his claims at face value with little to no question. That's the danger of certain leaders: many of them garner a following of supporters who follow them around like lemmings and instantly buy into whatever their leader tells them. It's like the "hive mind" mentality. It's scary, too, because I've witnessed so many people simply believe this man without question. Without regard...Seemingly without a shred of their own thinking processes.

I love the tweet about pressing the popcorn function and he watched a video of conway eating lunch.

i'm SUPER GOOD at Jewel karaoke
That's the danger of certain leaders: many of them garner a following of supporters who follow them around like lemmings and instantly buy into whatever their leader tells them. It's like the "hive mind" mentality. It's scary, too, because I've witnessed so many people simply believe this man without question. Without regard...Seemingly without a shred of their own thinking processes.
there's no other way to be a trump supporter

there's no other way to be a trump supporter
*Sigh* Indeed, ash is the gal, indeed...

G.O.P. Health Law Insures Fewer People, Nonpartisan Review Shows

WASHINGTON — The House Republican plan to repeal and replace the Affordable Care Act would cause 24 million people to lose health insurance within a decade, the nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office said on Monday.

Republicans had been bracing for what was almost certain to be a bleak accounting of the legislation’s projected effects. The American Health Care Act, as Republicans call their bill, was already facing widespread criticism from providers of health care, some conservatives, and a united Democratic Party. The numbers released Monday will only make it more difficult for Republicans to explain why their legislation would bring positive change to the country’s health care system.

In recent days, Democrats had criticized Republicans for pushing the health care bill through two House committees last week before the Congressional Budget Office had weighed in, saying it was irresponsible to begin considering legislation without a firm grip on its potential costs and ramifications.

“Republicans are racing their disastrous health bill forward before the C.B.O. can expose its consequences to the American people, but they can’t hide from the facts forever,” the House Democratic leader, Representative Nancy Pelosi of California, said last week.

The C.B.O. produces a variety of budget and economic analyses, including deficit projections, legislative options for lawmakers confronting the nation’s most vexing problems, and cost estimates for legislation. Its director, Keith Hall, was appointed in 2015 by congressional Republicans, and it has maintained respect for its objective analysis.

But with an unfavorable analysis expected, Republicans from the White House to Capitol Hill began to undermine the credibility of the budget office’s numbers last week and kept it up through the weekend.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politi...ows/ar-AAohbsf

G.O.P. Health Law Insures Fewer People, Nonpartisan Review Shows

WASHINGTON — The House Republican plan to repeal and replace the Affordable Care Act would cause 24 million people to lose health insurance within a decade, the nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office said on Monday.

Republicans had been bracing for what was almost certain to be a bleak accounting of the legislation’s projected effects. The American Health Care Act, as Republicans call their bill, was already facing widespread criticism from providers of health care, some conservatives, and a united Democratic Party. The numbers released Monday will only make it more difficult for Republicans to explain why their legislation would bring positive change to the country’s health care system.

In recent days, Democrats had criticized Republicans for pushing the health care bill through two House committees last week before the Congressional Budget Office had weighed in, saying it was irresponsible to begin considering legislation without a firm grip on its potential costs and ramifications.

“Republicans are racing their disastrous health bill forward before the C.B.O. can expose its consequences to the American people, but they can’t hide from the facts forever,” the House Democratic leader, Representative Nancy Pelosi of California, said last week.

The C.B.O. produces a variety of budget and economic analyses, including deficit projections, legislative options for lawmakers confronting the nation’s most vexing problems, and cost estimates for legislation. Its director, Keith Hall, was appointed in 2015 by congressional Republicans, and it has maintained respect for its objective analysis.

But with an unfavorable analysis expected, Republicans from the White House to Capitol Hill began to undermine the credibility of the budget office’s numbers last week and kept it up through the weekend.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politi...ows/ar-AAohbsf
I'm beginning to understand now why Trump has the name he does: he "trumps" Obama at every turn in terms of stupid decisions. Trump has Obama beaten..........in the "who can be the stupidest president?" contest.

The problem here is one that's rather obvious: Trump, despite his ego and arrogance, feels quite insecure deep down. It's a fact of life that bullies often attack things they don't understand. Why? Because they view the unknown as a threat. Despite all his attacks, I genuinely believe that Trump, on some unspoken (and in some cases, spoken) level fears Obama/knows deep down that Obama is a better person than him.

I'm not bashing Trump, either--this is my genuine opinion of his thought process. He seems to be making a POINT of doing a 180 on most of Obama's policies and is rushing these orders out, left and right, with seemingly little to no review from his end. It all shows: from the hasty dealing of his original travel ban to the hasty deportations. Everything about Trump is all about "being 'the man'" in everything. The man is literally stumbling over himself. He attacks every little criticism against him like a spoiled, petulant child who's mad at his brother for taking his toy away.

Anyone remember that show "Dinosaurs"? For anyone that does, this line will make perfect sense: "I'm da baby! Gotta love me!" That's the impression I get from Trump here.

REGARDLESS of whether or not you agree with his policies--REGARDLESS of whether or not you support/don't support him...the man should NOT be attacking every single agency/person who criticizes him (you're a leader now--this stuff comes with the territory whether you like it or not--grow the F**K up already!), should NOT be standing idly by and saying NOTHING as hate crimes and white supremacist incidents rise in the country (Did he even condemn that Indian man's MURDER by that racist F**K?) and should NOT be flapping his mouth off nonstop on twitter.

I don't care if people like his policies. That's your prerogative--but there is NO excuse for the man flapping his mouth off on twitter all day long. You're a PRESIDENT--BE presidential!

Trump reminds me of a loudmouth relative at a Christmas dinner table--the relative everyone hates--who runs their fat mouth for the entire meal, not caring or regarding what other people think of them. That's what he's like--he acts like he's at home at his own table. He fails to conduct himself like a man of intelligence and respect.

Some people ask this question: "Why are you disrespecting this man? He is your president!" We disrespect him because he doesn't ACT like someone deserving of respect. You want respect? You have to GIVE it. Walking around with "President" as your title doesn't give you some free pass to just act any way you wish. You can do that all you'd like but don't expect people to respect you for it.

That's how I feel, anyway.

Remember how Trump made all those claims about not receiving a salary, or then just a $1 salary? Here's a big surprise. He's collecting his monthly paycheck. Now I don't care. That's his salary, he should receive it. But don't make a big deal about it, and use it as a way of claiming how high-minded he is, and then not follow through. He intends (says Spicer) to donate it by the end of the year. That's fine. And given how his personal wealth will probably increase by several fold during the next few years, it really is the least he can do. But I still wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't follow through, especially after this year.

It's a small thing, but it speaks volumes.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/p...goes/99128930/

I just hope the cover is updated for Amaury de Riencourt's The Coming Caesars, which, for a book written in 1957, has become disturbingly prophetic on the expanding authority of the U.S. Presidency.

Oh pull the other leg and it plays jingle bells.

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/03/13/po...p-wiretapping/

Who is he trying to kid. Talk about dumb insolence.