Woody Allen's Wonder Wheel (2017)

Tools    

Wonder Wheel (2017)

Like every year, Woody Allen is back with another film. It'll probably get a release sometime around the summer months, like most of his recent films.

The film gets described as a period drama set in New York in the 1950s and it notably stars Kate Winslet and Justin Timberlake for the first time in a Woody Allen film.

I'll update the thread if there's any new info available. You can watch some on-set photos when you click on the IMDb link I provided above.

Are some of you still looking forward to new Woody Allen films? What's the last good film he has made?

Wonder Wheel (2017)

Like every year, Woody Allen is back with another film. It'll probably get a release sometime around the summer months, like most of his recent films.

The film gets described as a period drama set in New York in the 1950s and it notably stars Kate Winslet and Justin Timberlake for the first time in a Woody Allen film.

I'll update the thread if there's any new info available. You can watch some on-set photos when you click on the IMDb link I provided above.

Are some of you still looking forward to new Woody Allen films? What's the last good film he has made?
I love Woodys work and will see anything he does eventually...my favorite Woody film is Hannah and her Sisters.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
I think Annie Hall was my fave, but I've liked all of his films that I've seen.

I always enjoy Allen fims even if there are only a handful I love. I didn't think Cafe Society was as abysmal as a lot did. I gave it a 3/5. His characters are always interesting and at this point he always has interesting people portraying them. Winslet in an Allen film excites me for sure. I will watch it, but more importantly, I hope to get back to going through his filmography this year. Still a ton I haven't seen.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
Midnight in Paris is a film that I didn't love but I have a certain appreciation for it and think it will get better with time. Other than that, love The Purple Rose of Cairo.

Will Wonder Wheel be any good? We shall see. I haven't seen nearly as many Woody Allen as I should have.

Allen is a director I haven't really dived into yet. I've only seen his most recent works. I really liked both Midnight in Paris and Blue Jasmin from him.

Must be doin sumthin right
I enjoyed several of his recent movies a lot; Irrational Man in particular I thought was a little underrated. His films come off as being stuck in the past in many respects and all of them seem to me to be about the same three or four things but I do still like them as comfort food. Even when they feel minor they still feel like movies made for adults, which is something to be appreciated.

And '10s Woody Allen definitely >>> '00s Woody Allen, for my taste.