President Trump

Tools    

Trump and Republicans see a ‘deep state’ foe: Barack Obama
Lord almighty....

One of Trump's great business deals around the world was just detailed in The New Yorker and it's a doozy.

The President helped build a hotel in Azerbaijan that appears to be a corrupt operation engineered by oligarchs tied to Iran’s Revolutionary Guard.
http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/20...mps-worst-deal

There's just so many of these shady deals in Trump's history. And this one violated laws, and it makes you wonder if Trump has any standards at all. When the story came out how Trump had violated the Cuban Embargo, no one seemed to bat an eye. This deal was likely a money-laundering scheme. Why don't more people care? And we're left wondering what kinds of business deals does Trump have all over the world and to what extend will they influence the decisions he makes as president.

One of Trump's great business deals around the world was just detailed in The New Yorker and it's a doozy.

http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/20...mps-worst-deal

There's just so many of these shady deals in Trump's history. And this one violated laws, and it makes you wonder if Trump has any standards at all. When the story came out how Trump had violated the Cuban Embargo, no one seemed to bat an eye. This deal was likely a money-laundering scheme. Why don't more people care? And we're left wondering what kinds of business deals does Trump have all over the world and to what extend will they influence the decisions he makes as president.
This is why many people speculate that his reasons for not including Saudi Arabia and other countries on his travel ban is due to business reasons. The man is trying to inject his business world into politics and that's a recipe for disaster.

This is why many people speculate that his reasons for not including Saudi Arabia and other countries on his travel ban is due to business reasons. The man is trying to inject his business world into politics and that's a recipe for disaster.
Exactly. The thing with conflicts of interest is they're really tricky. Even something like The Apprentice could be a conflict of interest, because in the parts of the world with state-run networks, they may just so happen to pick up The Apprentice, which just so happens to put money directly into the pockets of Trump.

And then there's the hotel in D.C. Along with dozens and dozens of other conflicts of interest. And then of course there is Russia and whatever the heck is going on with that. I so hope we can get the full story on that, but this is a case, I'm afraid, where journalists might have to lead the way, because I don't have a lot of faith our government is really going to get to the bottom of things without a whole lot of pressure.

Exactly. The thing with conflicts of interest is they're really tricky. Even something like The Apprentice could be a conflict of interest, because in the parts of the world with state-run networks, they may just so happen to pick up The Apprentice, which just so happens to put money directly into the pockets of Trump.

And then there's the hotel in D.C. Along with dozens and dozens of other conflicts of interest. And then of course there is Russia and whatever the heck is going on with that. I so hope we can get the full story on that, but this is a case, I'm afraid, where journalists might have to lead the way, because I don't have a lot of faith our government is really going to get to the bottom of things without a whole lot of pressure.
You're assuming the government doesn't already KNOW, though. I wouldn't at all be surprised if they already DO know about the Russian dealings and are deliberately keeping it under wraps. I know it sounds like Tom Clancy fiction here, but I've always believed that the governments know FAR more than they ever tell us. People mentioned how Trump looked "Spooked" after his first White House meeting day after he was elected. People were saying: "That's when they tell the president-elect all the "tell no one or we'll kill you" secrets. Regardless of anything, I'm sure they keep several chunks of information under wraps.

That's why the best thing we can do is go about our lives and just try to survive the next 4-8 years. They have the ball, whether we like it or not...and no--most of us don't like it.

You know--I'm surprised they allow this guy to have a Twitter account. While I believe that ALL administrations have had some form of corruption in them, they've kept some of it under wraps. Trump's big fat mouth is in danger of blowing the lid off, though. All he does is call attention and suspicion to himself. Funny how he doesn't even realize that, every time he opens that mouth of his, more and more people distrust him.

he is your Reality President and you can thank the naive fans of Kim KarCASHian for that

I'm not naturally inclined to defend this administration, but that headline's horrendously misleading:

1) He's not talking about carbon dioxide. He's talking about the degree to which humans have contributed to the issue.

2) He also doesn't say it's not primarily responsible, he says he doesn't think we know for sure yet.

I'm not naturally inclined to defend this administration, but that headline's horrendously misleading:

1) He's not talking about carbon dioxide. He's talking about the degree to which humans have contributed to the issue.

2) He also doesn't say it's not primarily responsible, he says he doesn't think we know for sure yet.
What frightens me about this issue is the fact that Tronald Dump wants to hastily put an end to these regulations before proper research can even be CONDUCTED. THAT is what frightens me, personally.

You ready? You look ready.

Well, it's equally as bad as the gas companies saying methane emissions don't affect the environment when the last time I checked we had little research in that area, and the measures to do the research have just been axed.

I'm starting to think Trump smokes meth.

But regardless of one's political leanings, and how the headline is worded, it takes an idiot of massive proportions to say "Nah, I don't think we're really to blame, so let's just see what happens. BTW, where can I cash my dividends check from BP & Exxon?"
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

You can't win an argument just by being right!
ugh. my city is going to be underwater before i turn 40.

Frightening, isnt it.

I remember seeing on the news back when I was in first freaking grade that there was a huge hole in the ozone right above Aus caused by carbon dioxide. I was convinced we'd all be dead from melanoma before I got to new year's eve for 2000.

In addition to staying on topic, let's try to stick to substantive discussions, too, yeah? I'm not saying that as a mod, just as a user, and one who's been criticizing him consistently. I don't think anything is served by just mocking the guy over and over. And it gives his supporters an easy excuse for dismissing the substantive stuff, too.

Just my opinion.

In addition to staying on topic, let's try to stick to substantive discussions, too, yeah? I'm not saying that as a mod, just as a user, and one who's been criticizing him consistently. I don't think anything is served by just mocking the guy over and over. And it gives his supporters an easy excuse for dismissing the substantive stuff, too.

Just my opinion.
Noted. Picture posts deleted.

Dig, thanks.

I really want to emphasize that this is just my opinion: it's not a moderation issue and I genuinely mean it as a suggestion, rather than criticism. No hard feelings or carry-over into anything else if someone feels differently or wants to do it anyway.

Just my opinion.
True that. It only seems like people are laughing at his utterances and his demeanour and not taking him seriously. As a citizen of the world I'm scared, and I'd be even more scared if I was an American citizen.

True that. It only seems like people are laughing at his utterances and his demeanour and not taking him seriously. As a citizen of the world I'm scared, and I'd be even more scared if I was an American citizen.
That's just it--we ARE scared. Joking around is simply a way of coping with that.

The man is a lunatic with our launch codes in his hands. It's like putting a child in charge of a factory full of nerve gas. For the first time in my life I feel as if I'm going through everyday life with a gun trained on my head. Not a pleasant feeling.