Tools    

6) King Kong 1933
5)Godzilla 1954
4)King Kong 1976
3)King Kong 2005
2) Pacific Rim 2013
1) Godzilla 2014

What are some you'll be watching?

King Kong 2005 is one of the roughest movies to watch. Three hours and twenty-one minutes of slow and painfully boring dialogue. From the trailer Kong Island looks like they went towards the "fun" side rather than the dramatic epic 2005 tried to be.

King Kong 2005 is one of the roughest movies to watch. Three hours and twenty-one minutes of slow and painfully boring dialogue. From the trailer Kong Island looks like they went towards the "fun" side rather than the dramatic epic 2005 tried to be.
Yea it is rather long.... I hoping that skull island Is a much tighter movie.

6) King Kong 1933
5)Godzilla 1954
4)King Kong 1976
3)King Kong 2005
2) Pacific Rim 2013
1) Godzilla 2014

What are some you'll be watching?

Check me out at Genuine Reels on YouTube.
6) Yes....but I've seen it so often, I can quote it.
5) No....Gojira (1954) is a much better and tighter movie.
4) The Hell you say.
3) Sorry, but once you've seen 1933, Jack Black and Adrian Brody stinking up the place and ruining iconic characters is a grave dis-service. And yeah, Peter Jackson can SAY he never saw the 1976 version, but the "romance" between Ann and Kong is lifted right from that.
2) It's okay, but hardly a must watch.
1) Would rather watch it AFTER Skull Island so I can play "connect the dots" with a film I've already seen over a movie I'd be watching for the first time.

1. Apocalypse Now
2. Koko: A Talking Gorilla
3. Uncommon Valor
4. Queen Kong
5. Rambo: First Blood Part II
6. Dunston Checks In

The most loathsome of all goblins
I think what elevates the 2005 film for me is Naomi Watts, she's great in it and makes for a far more sympathetic character than either Fay Wray or Jessica Lange.

I think what elevates the 2005 film for me is Naomi Watts, she's great in it and makes for a far more sympathetic character than either Fay Wray or Jessica Lange.
I feel they fleshed her out more, sure. But to me, Fay Wray is the only one who had the proper reaction to being carried off multiple times by a giant gorilla-ish being. You scream, scream and then, after intense deliberation, scream some more.

I'm hoping it's rewatchable, would love to add it to my yearly cycle of JP 1-4 and Jackson's Kong.

While she does deliver a great performance (like she almost always does) it's not enough to make the bloated run time go any faster.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
2005's King Kong is one of the most entertaining films ever made, and I love the original.