Movies you couldn't even finish.

Tools    

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Wretched little time waster. Mean, nasty and underwhelming.
Why do you think it was mean and nasty? Do you mean the mother, or just generally? If generally, I actually found it quite enlightening to view someone going through that, but open to your interpretation.

Gigli. I'm not just saying it to say it, I could not finish it. I got about halfway through the film, and by that point my eyes had glazed over. I started writing a better version of the film in my head, and narrating it as I watched. I got a grand total of 3/4 of the way through the film, took a deep breath, sighed, and stopped the DVD. Fortunately it was from the library, so I didn't pay any money to watch the film.

Why, Ben Affleck? Why?
"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" - Asimov

MC for the Great Underground Circus
I saw that 4 times in the same weekend. We can't be friends anymore.

Was it the kid? He annoyed a lot of people. I loved him. Great lil actor.
Everything in the movie just made my eyes roll all the way back to my anus.

The kid was annoying. The mother was annoying, The script was annoying. The BaBaDouche was specially annoying [he also looked like a cross between Marilyn Manson and Alice Cooper after the two went to a few bars and got molested by a one legged hobo who had a sudden kidney failure just a few minutes before]

When someone says "gawwwd so scary, like, the most scary movie, like EVERRRRR" I can't help but do this:

Everything in the movie just made my eyes roll all the way back to my anus.
LMAO. Very descriptive, young man.

Yeah I didnt find it scary. Just gave me a lot to think about, and I liked watching it from different PoVs. Screamed very bad words very loudly at one scene, which you can probably guess. So did one of my brothers when he watched it with his daughter. She laughed. ehehehe.

Pretty woman, and pretty much anything with Julia Roberts in it.

When I was young, they introduced Pretty woman on the television and said it was "a famous movie... that makes Julia R a superstar after 1 night..."
I tried to watch it but was dead bored after 20 mins.

Several years afterwards, they rebroadcasted it and I re-tried it. Made it past 21 mins and stopped.
She doesn't kiss mouths. It's a very intimate thing, ya see....
WARNING: "spoilers" spoilers below
but will do blowjobs.

Why do you think it was mean and nasty? Do you mean the mother, or just generally? If generally, I actually found it quite enlightening to view someone going through that, but open to your interpretation.
I just found it too ugly for my tastes. Granted, I've liked films that were more graphic, or at least have been interested in films more graphic. I just found this particular movie to have an ending that went thud very lightly..and then I remember everything leading up to it..and had to actually double check the consensus to make sure I wasn't crazy. Apparently, many people liked this movie. I definitely missed the boat.

That's not to say you and I can't be friends, though :P

Gigli. I'm not just saying it to say it, I could not finish it. I got about halfway through the film, and by that point my eyes had glazed over. I started writing a better version of the film in my head, and narrating it as I watched. I got a grand total of 3/4 of the way through the film, took a deep breath, sighed, and stopped the DVD. Fortunately it was from the library, so I didn't pay any money to watch the film.

Why, Ben Affleck? Why?
I actually attempted Gigli, too. I may return later, maybe not. I'm asking why Martin Brest, why?

He was such a great director! I find it hard to believe that Brest's films prior to Meet Joe Black were only good because of the casting. The guy had chops!

I want him back in action..and while he's at it, round up Paul Brickman, as well!

Eyes Wide Shut...........kept dozing off. Also fell asleep during Coyote Ugly.
Love both of these movies. Can definitely understand the inability to get through Eyes Wide Shut though...the film takes a little work.

LMAO. Very descriptive, young man.

Yeah I didnt find it scary. Just gave me a lot to think about, and I liked watching it from different PoVs. Screamed very bad words very loudly at one scene, which you can probably guess. So did one of my brothers when he watched it with his daughter. She laughed. ehehehe.
We do call the anus our "eye of the ass"... so... there.

The Last Will and Testament of Rosalind Leigh (2012)

After hearing the DEAD OLD LADY saying that she was lonely for the 50th time, I finally got it:

She was lonely.

So I left her be all alone in her loneliness and carefully removed the DVD from the DVD player... very gently.... not to disturb her in her lonesomeness.

My Fair Lady...I've seen it a few times...it's not one of my favorite musicals. I liked it much better on stage than on screen. Maybe I would have liked it better if Julie Andrews had played the lead....and the costumes weren't so costumie.
Did you see the original production with Julie Andrews? I could understand your dislike of the movie if you had. You are only the second person on this site I've seen diss this movie...and what exactly does "costumie mean? I did a thread about my favorite movie costumes and I placed My Fair Lady at # 1.

I just tried watching "The Day After Tomorrow" on HBO, and it was just TERRIBLE!!
That movie was terrible...I did get through it, but it was terrible...Jake Gyllenhaal being in it certainly helped.

Date Movie - Just horrible
Fun With Dick and Jane - I wanted to like this, I did, I love Jim Carrey, but this was so unbelievably unfunny...

I think I'm the only person on the planet who liked Date Movie....have you ever seen the original Fun with Dick and Jane? Did you know it was a remake?

The Double [with Jesse Eisenberg]

It felt like a cross between Brazil and The Trial. But after 10 minutes all I felt was nauseous.

for me Grease...

just can't sit through it, tried many times over the years - I think it's truly, truly awful

how it did so well in europe is beyond me
Europe? It's # 1 musical in terms of box office receipts EVER!!!!

Ken Russell's 'The Boy Friend'. Couldn't sit through it; poor film.
You wouldn't by chance know somewhere online I could watch this movie? I have been trying to find somewhere to watch it for years.

The Babadook

I like to call it the ba ba douche. Worthless as an horror movie, worthless still as a time burner.
I watched that one on Netflix the other nights...

I say nights cause it took 3 of them to get all the way through it.

Then got sad thinking of all the good movies I could have spent that time on...

I just found it too ugly for my tastes. Granted, I've liked films that were more graphic, or at least have been interested in films more graphic. I just found this particular movie to have an ending that went thud very lightly..and then I remember everything leading up to it..and had to actually double check the consensus to make sure I wasn't crazy. Apparently, many people liked this movie. I definitely missed the boat.

That's not to say you and I can't be friends, though :P

A lot of people didn't like it as well so you're not crzy. I was just curious so thanks for your answer. Totally understandable.
I was just mucking about with the other two scalliwags.