Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

I've seen Rosemary's Baby (and The Pianist) so I guess this is not new from Polanski but it's definitely different from what I'm used to, still it was interesting to see the mental state she slowly developed and how she started to live in terror because of things that aren't there.

I don't need much to be entertained but I liked it a lot, a lot of action-story-action-story with not too much time of each so it doesn't get boring nor excessive.

I'm doing a paper work on Dissociative Disorders and while searching for movies about this matter I found this short but really funny movie from Woody Allen.

The Adventures of Prince Achmed

Extremely underrated film with a cool animation style. Not for everyone but it's one I always enjoyed.

~Groundhog Day~

Rambo 3 for the first time. 6.5

Finished here. It's been fun.
Logan
+

One of the better superhero flicks, but, in truth, that ain't saying all too much. It wears its inspirations on its on sleeve: A Perfect World, Unforgiven, and Shane. The biggest issue, for me, is that it perpetually contradicts itself. It's "purportedly" opposed to violence, but it fetishizes the guts and gore and decapitations.

I love the film's stripped down aesthetic and focus on character. The film shines during the slower moments - those rare times the characters can breathe. Yet its genre trappings prevent it from becoming something truly great.

I don't regret viewing it, and it is worth checking out. But this could have been so much more.

Drag Me to Hell

Let me give you a brief synopsis:
removable teeth prosthesis, saliva, sputum, insects, domestic fly, glass eye

For me it was nauseating.
Similar or same plot has been seen in so many other horrors.
I only wanted to watch it to see Justin Long as I liked him in Jeepers Creepers and Idiocracy but barely got thru.

We just got Netflix so we're deluged with lots of films we would normally never see. Aside from my surprised, qualified admiration of "The Borgias" (I'm shocked to say that one of my least fave actors, Jeremy Irons, really did carry this series!), I'd say that "Ghost Writer", with Ewan Macgregor, was an excellent film. Sure, I didn't understand much of it, especially why the main character, ex-PM played by Pierce Brosnan, was so in absentia, but aside from that it was pretty attention-getting in a Hitchockian way. On a scale of Hitch-ness, I'd probably rank it below "Identity" and just on a par with the TV show "Bates Motel".

I also expected more from Kim Cattrall, who was so riveting as Tom Hanks' wife in "Bonfire of the Vanities", but she came and went like an October gale. I know they were supposed to be on the PM's vacation house on Martha's Vineyard (Sidebar: WHY would a Brit ever choose a place that so thoroughly approximates his own sceptered isle in winter as a vac house??!...'Nuff said). It didn't look like the Vineyard at all....I was convinced that they were either on the Aran Islands, in Denmark or on the Great lakes! But I must say that they got the Ye Olde New Englande architecture down pat!

I'd have to say that, despite the Worricker-esque implications of PM's mixed up in CIA black sites and torture, it was all safe as milk. Leave the hard stuff to Johnny and gentleman spies like Davy Jones!

I won't go on and ruin the ending for anyone but suffice it to say that I was gobsmacked, surprised, caught out and so on at the ending. It left one feeling like one needed a mint...or maybe more.

As I write this, I am listening to Mendelssohn's incidental music to "Midsummer Night's Comedy" and all I can say is that Woody Allen really should have directed Ghost Writer as he did "Midsummer Night's Sex Comedy" (for there WAS a lot of comedy in this film and Ewan KNEW it!) and NOT Roman Polanski, despite my love of "Chinatown". What shame they drove that guy out of the U.S.!

Still, the steadily gray skies, sea, sand and even towns were quite effective in giving Magregor's purpose some sort of relief...or whatever. I felt like I was watching a very anemic episode of "Wallander" toward the end.

Legend in my own mind
[size=5][size=4][size=3]
This might have been one of the worst films I have ever seen. I was offended by how poor it was.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
The Fifth Monkey - 7.5/10

Very good movie. Accessible, fine pace. Movie about man and animals in Brazil. Rarely will commend a movie for humor, but I laughed out loud at least once.... In a sentence, this movie is about conscience.

I'll put the link down below.. Only 59 people have rated this on IMDB!

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Drag Me to Hell

I only wanted to watch it to see Justin Long as I liked him in Jeepers Creepers and Idiocracy but barely got thru.
Such an underrated horror flick. This one was a lot of fun with the right amount of humour. Classic Sam Raimi back to his roots in the horror genre.

Suspect's Reviews

Must be doin sumthin right
We just got Netflix so we're deluged with lots of films we would normally never see. Aside from my surprised, qualified admiration of "The Borgias" (I'm shocked to say that one of my least fave actors, Jeremy Irons, really did carry this series!), I'd say that "Ghost Writer", with Ewan Macgregor, was an excellent film. Sure, I didn't understand much of it, especially why the main character, ex-PM played by Pierce Brosnan, was so in absentia, but aside from that it was pretty attention-getting in a Hitchockian way. On a scale of Hitch-ness, I'd probably rank it below "Identity" and just on a par with the TV show "Bates Motel".

I also expected more from Kim Cattrall, who was so riveting as Tom Hanks' wife in "Bonfire of the Vanities", but she came and went like an October gale. I know they were supposed to be on the PM's vacation house on Martha's Vineyard (Sidebar: WHY would a Brit ever choose a place that so thoroughly approximates his own sceptered isle in winter as a vac house??!...'Nuff said). It didn't look like the Vineyard at all....I was convinced that they were either on the Aran Islands, in Denmark or on the Great lakes! But I must say that they got the Ye Olde New Englande architecture down pat!

I'd have to say that, despite the Worricker-esque implications of PM's mixed up in CIA black sites and torture, it was all safe as milk. Leave the hard stuff to Johnny and gentleman spies like Davy Jones!

I won't go on and ruin the ending for anyone but suffice it to say that I was gobsmacked, surprised, caught out and so on at the ending. It left one feeling like one needed a mint...or maybe more.

As I write this, I am listening to Mendelssohn's incidental music to "Midsummer Night's Comedy" and all I can say is that Woody Allen really should have directed Ghost Writer as he did "Midsummer Night's Sex Comedy" (for there WAS a lot of comedy in this film and Ewan KNEW it!) and NOT Roman Polanski, despite my love of "Chinatown". What shame they drove that guy out of the U.S.!

Still, the steadily gray skies, sea, sand and even towns were quite effective in giving Magregor's purpose some sort of relief...or whatever. I felt like I was watching a very anemic episode of "Wallander" toward the end.
Just gonna say I enjoyed reading this

Welcome to the human race...
The biggest issue, for me, is that it perpetually contradicts itself. It's "purportedly" opposed to violence, but it fetishizes the guts and gore and decapitations.
Huh, I never got the impression that Logan fetishised its violence. The most memorable moment of violence for me was

WARNING: "Logan" spoilers below
the scene where Logan kills the mercenaries who have all been immobilised by the Professor's psychic seizure

simply because of how utterly lacking in style and glory it was. None of it ever felt like it was trying to be straight-up "awesome" to watch. But that was my perception, I guess.

Last movie I watched...

Chicago -

oof

The Burning Plain (2008)

Drag Me to Hell

Thank you, thank you, thank you, THANK YOU! I ****ing loathe this piece of ****. And most of Sam Raimi.

Assassination Nation- (3/4)
Mandy- (3.5/4)

“I was cured, all right!”
This might have been one of the worst films I have ever seen. I was offended by how poor it was.
I can see your point! It was a let down in many aspects, everytime I start to think about that movie I enjoy less.