Movies That Are Underrated.....

Tools    

I had the inclination to look up The Adventures of Baron Munchausen to see what it was nominated for and if it actually won any Oscars. It didn't, but won three Baftas. The thing that really annoys me is that in both the Oscars and Baftas the score didn't get a nomination – I think it's a masterpiece, and probably Michael Kamen's best work.

The most loathsome of all goblins
Genre films, particularly those in the horror genre tend to get the shaft critically. Movies like The Long Hair of Death that should be considered great classics but are largely forgotten or ignored.

I think Fright Night Part II is massively underrated. I actually like it more than the first one, which is grounds for a fatwah in some circles apparently.

for me, most underrated movie i've ever seen is hereafter by eastwood. I'd seen it, but jsut recently saw the ratings and were shocked. Serious WTF, some critics said the movie had no heart. no exxag, deserves double the ratings. There are so many great and powerful scenes in that movie where any one of them are just fortunate contain just one of.

HULK.

Ang Lee did this one right.

This might just do nobody any good.
HULK.

Ang Lee did this one right.
WARNING: spoilers below

I kinda like it too.

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
Some of my oddball favorites that none of my friends can ever get into are:
Brick
Slipstream 2007
Kung Pow
The Fisher King
Fearless 1993
Time Bandits
The Adventures of Baron Munchausen
The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension
Remo Williams: the Adventure Begins
....I'm seeing a trend here.
Leonard Part 6
The Crazies 2010

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Some of my oddball favorites that none of my friends can ever get into are:

Time Bandits
The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension
Remo Williams: the Adventure Begins

These are three fun and very underrated movies.

The truth is in here
Attack Of The Killer Tomatoes (I seriously think this is one of the funniest movies ever made)

Prom Night (There are tons of underrated 70's/80's horror films, but this one I really loved. The characters weren't the most dimensional maybe, but it had great atmosphere and was really creepy)

The Crossing Guard (What the hell! People hate this movie! Why? It's beautiful.)

Water Lilies
Wizards
Kontroll
Lovely Molly
Star Wars Episode II
Little Children
Notes on a Scandal

Troll

It's clever and funny. Cool effects (in a cheesy way)

creative little movie. Gets tons of flack. Well, it's not Gone with the Wind so...adjust accordingly, ya dingus's!

Are you gonna bark all day, little doggy?
Unleashed is very underrated. Honestly one of Jet Li's best films if you ask me. The raw , intense, action is in a class of its own.
I also loved Wheels on Meals, a criminally underrated classic Kung Fu film.