Title for a sci-fi about an airborne virus causing people to go nuts

Tools    

Hey there

Sorry for a crappy headline.

Ive been searching for this sci-fi movie (possibly a series) for ages with no luck.

I saw it when I was a young child (2000-2005 I'm guessing) Here are some random stuff i remember:

– An airborne virus dropped in these mysterious "balls" from space containing a deadly virus which caused people to go on a killing spree before dying minutes later.

– The government established quarantine zones because the virus was spreading like a wildfire.

– In sheer desperation and panic they dropped an atom bomb in the infected area(s), hoping to wipe out the virus, but it only worsened it.

I now realize the plot sounds absolutely terrible but I just want to find it so bad since I cannot get it outta my mind.

Thanks a lot

/magician

Actually, I'm now 90% certain it was a series. If a series title-hunt is a no-go on a movie forum, then admin can go ahead and delete this topic

MC for the Great Underground Circus
Threshold?

Invasion?

The Andromeda Strain?

Been wracking my brain on this one and can't think what it is.
If it's any help, sounds like elements of 1973's The Crazies crossed with the 2010 remake, crossed with Andromeda Strain.

Sit Ubu Sit.... Good Dog
Sounds like the TV mini-series The Andromeda Strain (2008) with Rick Shroder and Eric McCormack as the most recognizable characters,

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0424600/?ref_=nv_sr_2

Quite sure this is the tv series you are looking for.

Thanks so much for your contributions

I'm 99% sure its The Andromeda Strain from 2008. Gonna watch it ASAP!

Very surprised it was just from 2008 I could've sworn it was much earlier. Gotta admit, I didn't expect anyone to find my show given the very few and fuzzy ques. Simply impressive guys

Again, thanks a bunch, you guys ROCK