MoFo Movie Weekends - Discussion and Calendar

Tools    

Edited the calendar on post #3 as there was no interest in a Pirates Of The Caribbean Weekend and no feedback on the idea.
So far the only definite weekend is the 2nd Star Wars, which will be December next year.

I got it... X-Men...

In release order...

Might need to be a 2 weekender being in release order, but, what you MoFos think?

Legend in my own mind
Love this idea, although might be a pain in my arse with time zones etc but I can work it out.

Why don't we just have some nominations and then a poll?

Bond (6 weekender at least )
Rocky
Lethal Weapon
X men

etc etc

So, I'm not planning a whole weekend, but the wife had a really great idea for a live chat:

Simon Pegg Day

For those who haven't been around long enough to remember, Simon Pegg Day is the day Simon Pegg linked to us on Twitter, and since we were on the old/shared server, it crashed the site for awhile. We still smashed all traffic records, though, so that any time I had to post an update on some traffic milestone or whatever, I'd have to include the caveat "not counting Simon Pegg Day."

So my wife's idea was: why not have an actual Simon Pegg Day here? Each year on the day he linked to us (October 28th), we can have a live chat of one of his movies. Maybe we can get word to him about it, while we're at it.

I'd say the obvious candidate for this year is Shaun of the Dead.

So, I'm not planning a whole weekend, but the wife had a really great idea for a live chat:

Simon Pegg Day

For those who haven't been around long enough to remember, Simon Pegg Day is the day Simon Pegg linked to us on Twitter, and since we were on the old/shared server, it crashed the site for awhile. We still smashed all traffic records, though, so that any time I had to post an update on some traffic milestone or whatever, I'd have to include the caveat "not counting Simon Pegg Day."

So my wife's idea was: why not have an actual Simon Pegg Day here? Each year on the day he linked to us (October 28th), we can have a live chat of one of his movies. Maybe we can get word to him about it, while we're at it.

I'd say the obvious candidate for this year is Shaun of the Dead.
Awesome idea!

He can create an account and guest-participate in the commentary of his own movie. LET'S MAKE IT HAPPEN!

You can't win an argument just by being right!

Simon Pegg Day
first time I've seen this thread. I LOVE SIMON PEGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry, I got a bit excited.

When we get close and have all the logistics sorted, yeah, a few of us should all tweet it at him.
At least he's one of those actors who might actually do it, you know. Would be awesome.

But yeah, lets burn his twitter down once we get to the date...

I'll have to pop my twitter cherry.

Nothing good comes from staying with normal people
I'm in, no question. Looking forward to the year we do Paul.

Made an adjustment to the 2nd Star Wars Weekend times in the third post... trying to fit them in better considering the time zones and such.

Legend in my own mind
Two great weekends in there.

Simon Pegg day Genius. Will get my tweet on closer to the time.

Any weekends due before October?

Nothing else planned at the moment bud, calendar and scheduling etc is all in the first few posts of the thread

Legend in my own mind
Nothing else planned at the moment bud, calendar and scheduling etc is all in the first few posts of the thread
Thanks. Surely we can get something in before October?

If I can help, I would be happy to.

We can, but getting people to do things on forums is super hard even when they kind of want to, and even harder when you have to all be on a the same time, so we usually space them out so people have a lot of advance notice.

^^ Like Yods said... thinking... March already... if you were thinking of planning something, at June or July would probably be the best time to go for, that'll give a whole 3+ months, especially if you include the rest of March.
Gives people time to plan.

Legend in my own mind
We can, but getting people to do things on forums is super hard even when they kind of want to, and even harder when you have to all be on a the same time, so we usually space them out so people have a lot of advance notice.
^^ Like Yods said... thinking... March already... if you were thinking of planning something, at June or July would probably be the best time to go for, that'll give a whole 3+ months, especially if you include the rest of March.
Gives people time to plan.
I'm game. If not then I will choose a weekend and invite everyone to mine. That way no time zone issues. I will sort the snacks.

I'm game. If not then I will choose a weekend and invite everyone to mine. That way no time zone issues. I will sort the snacks.
I'll bring aussie beer nd vegemite toast.