Do old films deserve new trailers?

Tools    

I'm interested in how much the style of film trailers has changed over the last few decades. Loads of old films have aged well, but old trailers really stick out. I feel trailers can be a great resource for deciding if you want to give a film a go. However old trailers really don't do their films justice. I had a fun two days cutting a new trailer for the 1976 Rocky film. Which is here if you are interested:

Rocky 2017 trailer

In contrast here is the original for comparison, complete with cheesy voice over:

Rocky 1976 trailer

Is this a worth while pursuit?

Do old films deserve new trailers?

I'm thinking I might have a go at Alien next.

Any other suggestions will be appreciated and considered.

Also keen to hear ideas on why the language of the trailer has evolved so rapidly and why time has been much crueler to them than the film they represent?

I started a thread on this a while back, has a few good ones in there.
http://www.movieforums.com/community...light=trailers

Old trailers tend to be look pretty amateur when compared to modern movie trailers... I like seeing a new take on a trailer tbh, and when done right can almost add new life to a movie.

No, it's not necessary.

Plus the original Alien trailer, and especially the original teaser, are two of the greatest trailers of all time.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

I started a thread on this a while back, has a few good ones in there.
http://www.movieforums.com/community...light=trailers

Old trailers tend to be look pretty amateur when compared to modern movie trailers... I like seeing a new take on a trailer tbh, and when done right can almost add new life to a movie.

Thanks Rodent that looks like a great thread. Will watch and learn!

Thanks Rodent that looks like a great thread. Will watch and learn!

Oh hey, if you're after how to make a fan trailer, have a word with a guy on YouTube called Medley Weaver.
Dude is a God when it comes to fan trailers.

No, it's not necessary.

Plus the original Alien trailer, and especially the original teaser, are two of the greatest trailers of all time.
Indeed perhaps not necessary, but certainly fun 😀