Black and White movie set amidst a heat-wave

Tools    

Hi,

Can anyone help me to identify this movie:

It's a black and white and I believe the lead male actor was James Stewart. The female lead is a platinum blonde and if I recall correctly he is a detective solving a murder which the female is accused of committing. She possibly begins to seduce him and he starts to fall for her charmes. There is a heat wave that hits the city and the cast are seen with their collars undone, frequently references to the heat-wave.

As mentioned, I'm sure that James Stewart was the lead but I've checked his filmography but I cannot identify the movie.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Bob.

I would guess an imagined amalgam of Rear Window and Key Largo? But there is no Jimmy Stewart movie exactly like the one described.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

A system of cells interlinked
How about Heat Wave? Stewart isn't in it, as it instead has Alex Nicol in the lead. It has a platinum blonde (played by Hillary Brooke) and a murder plot, which to the downfall of the film, is pretty run-of-the-mill overall. The film is set during a heat wave, but I think the title might have clued you in to that already!

MC for the Great Underground Circus
I think you are confused with a Twilight one episode called "the Midnight Sun"?

PS - or not

Thanks for the replies.

Rear Window is what I had initially thought was the movie when I checked Stewart's filmography, but it isn't this.

Heat Wave - is a British movie, the one in question was set in the US.

Key Largo - this isn't it either - looks too early.

Twiglight 'Midnight Sun' - I can't find a clip of this but I am certain it was a full-length movie

Could you be conflating Rear Window and Vertigo? For years, I would catch snippets of A River Runs Through It and Legends of the Fall on television, and think that they were a single film with a very convoluted plot.